Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Haynesworth fails conditioning test (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=37507)

ethat001 07-29-2010 12:45 PM

Haynesworth fails conditioning test

[QUOTE]
[B]Haynesworth fails Redskins' conditioning test
[/B]
Updated Jul 29, 2010 12:30 PM ET
Albert Haynesworth had his chance today to prove to his Washington Redskins teammates that he was in practice shape, but he failed in his attempt.

Haynesworth did not make it through his conditioning test Wednesday at Redskins Park, sources told FOXSports.com.

The disgruntled star defensive tackle finished the first part of the test, but walked through the second portion. Now Mike Shanahan has to make a decision on whether or not to let him practice and if so, how much.

It’s believed that Haynesworth will not be allowed to practice with the rest of his teammates in team drills.

Sources said Tuesday that if he passed the conditioning test, he would be cleared to practice with the team. But by failing, head coach Mike Shanahan may hold him out for an undetermined length of time until Haynesworth improves.

On Tuesday, Haynesworth met with Shanahan, defensive coordinator Jim Haslett and other coaches. Haynesworth proclaimed that he’s been working out this offseason, insisting he’s in good enough shape to start camp when official workouts begin Wednesday.

Haynesworth’s return follows a messy offseason. Despite collecting a $21 million option on April 1, Haynesworth boycotted voluntary OTA workouts with the team in protest of being forced to switch roles in the Redskins’ new 3-4 defensive alignment – one that will force the ‘Skins DT to hold up multiple blockers instead of being freed to rush opposing quarterbacks.

The Redskins actually entertained several trade offers before the draft but found no takers due to attitude questions as well as Haynesworth’s massive contract.

[url=http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Albert-Haynesworth-Washington-Redskins-NFL-training-camp-2010-072910]Disgruntled DT Albert Haynesworth fails Redskins conditioning test - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN[/url]
[/QUOTE]

I wonder what the "test" is.. Now here's the question - what's Shanahan's next move. I guess he's going to have to hold him out until he passes it. Just delays installing our defense for a while..

Mechanix544 07-29-2010 12:48 PM

Re: Haynesworth fails conditioning test

Hmmmmmm, other sources have him smokin the conditioning test.......

ethat001 07-29-2010 12:50 PM

Maybe the other sources were talking about the first part of the test? Don't know.

KLHJ2 07-29-2010 12:51 PM

I don't buy it yet.

mredskins 07-29-2010 12:51 PM

To be fair the source is Fox News which is always wrong. =)

Ruhskins 07-29-2010 12:52 PM

Man, do we really need another thread about this? Already being discussed in Training Camp thread.

Mechanix544 07-29-2010 12:52 PM

Yeah, I hope thats not it, if so........just more fodder for the press to pile on the heaping pile of AH overblown bullshit this offseason, not that failing a conditioning test when you had your own personal trainer and basically gave the finger to the team that just gave you 21 mil isnt a big deal........

ethat001 07-29-2010 12:56 PM

[quote]Jay Glazer of FOX reports that Haynesworth passed the first part of the test but failed the second, meaning that he probably won’t be permitted to take part in team drills.

Jason Reid of the Washington Post reports that Haynesworth “killed it” during the test. That said, Reid explains that he’s waiting for confirmation.
[url=http://www.redskinsgab.com/2010/07/29/haynesworth-caught-in-conflict/]Haynesworth Caught In Conflict » Redskins Gab[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/JReidPost/status/19837465473]Twitter / Jason Reid: Hearing that Albert Haynes ...[/url]
[/quote]

Who knows. Reid is usually right. Sorry, didn't see it if it was in the training camp thread, and I thought this could be a big deal.

mlmpetert 07-29-2010 12:57 PM

[quote=mredskins;715265]To be fair the source is Fox News which is always wrong. =)[/quote]

Hey now......

I think its coming from Glazer though who has been dead on this off season.

It says he "walked through" the second part? What the hell does that mean?

firstdown 07-29-2010 01:05 PM

[quote=mlmpetert;715271]Hey now......

I think its coming from Glazer though who has been dead on this off season.

It says he "walked through" the second part? What the hell does that mean?[/quote]

That means he walked through the second part. Walking is the slow form of running.

mlmpetert 07-29-2010 01:10 PM

[quote=firstdown;715278]That means he walked through the second part. Walking is the slow form of running.[/quote]

I thought that was jogging?

Monkeydad 07-29-2010 01:12 PM

I don't necessarily believe he failed due to conditioning...but from laziness or just not trying.

Supposedly, he's slim and in great shape for DE...probably lost the weight so he couldn't be used at NT...but he should be in good shape. His motivation is probably low or nonexistent though.

If this continues, the Skins should pursue recouping some or all of the signing bonus, then cut him.

rbanerjee23 07-29-2010 01:12 PM

[quote=mlmpetert;715285]I thought that was jogging?[/quote]

Test is usually something super easy like running 50 yards a certain number of times and in a certain amount of time. So he could have run for some of it and walked the other part.

Monkeydad 07-29-2010 01:13 PM

[quote=mredskins;715265]To be fair the source is Fox News which is always wrong. =)[/quote]

Not Fox News. Fox Sports and Fox News are separate, unrelated entities. Nice try...not really.

TIFOSOdeiREDSKINS 07-29-2010 01:13 PM

i think in the hierarchy of things jogging actually falls in between walking and running. walking is slowest and running is fastest.

Ruhskins 07-29-2010 01:15 PM

[quote=Buster;715286]I don't necessarily believe he failed due to conditioning...but from laziness or just not trying.

Supposedly, he's slim and in great shape for DE...probably lost the weight so he couldn't be used at NT...but he should be in good shape. His motivation is probably low or nonexistent though.

If this continues, the Skins should pursue recouping some or all of the signing bonus, then cut him.[/quote]

Or Shanahan would find a way to fail him just to stick it to him. Given Shanahan's language over the past day, it would not surprise me. While I don't think AH needs to be cut any slack, I think there are better ways to stick it to him during camp rather than doing this and continue the media circus. I hope this is not the case.

Defensewins 07-29-2010 01:19 PM

If true, who cares? Did any other players fail the test?
The guy is a 340 pound immovable object, not a WR or DB.
They are worried he is going to get hurt because he cannot run a certain routine? Silly. Put him in and let him run over some of our OL. Then see who will get hurt.

Monkeydad 07-29-2010 01:23 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;715292]Or Shanahan would find a way to fail him just to stick it to him. Given Shanahan's language over the past day, it would not surprise me. While I don't think AH needs to be cut any slack, I think there are better ways to stick it to him during camp rather than doing this and continue the media circus. I hope this is not the case.[/quote]

Shanahan - "Hey fatso, you failed to keep your shorts up at an acceptable height during your sprint. You fail. Do it again, this time backwards and blindfolded."

mlmpetert 07-29-2010 01:24 PM

[quote=TIFOSOdeiREDSKINS;715290]i think in the hierarchy of things jogging actually falls in between walking and running. walking is slowest and running is fastest.[/quote]

What about sprinting?

Im worried that in the second part of the test Al got upset about somthing and just walked thourgh the remaining workouts. Maybe he had to complete the test (even without effort) for contract purposes? Maybe im reading too much into this?

Also i just found this. Hopefull it will clear somethings up:

[URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gait_(human[/URL])

SirClintonPortis 07-29-2010 01:36 PM

I find it odd that he passed the first part but failed the second part. Ah well, he's still Albert Feignsworth.

BringBackJoeT 07-29-2010 01:40 PM

[quote=mlmpetert;715303]What about sprinting?

[B]Im worried that in the second part of the test Al got upset about somthing and just walked thourgh the remaining workouts[/B]. Maybe he had to complete the test (even without effort) for contract purposes? Maybe im reading too much into this?

Also i just found this. Hopefull it will clear somethings up:

[URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gait_(human[/URL])[/quote]

Well, AH may fairly be said to have displayed some baby-like qualities in the last few months, but I don't think he's quite a Brandon Marshall, although that's probably a minority opinion.

KI Skins Fan 07-29-2010 01:45 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;715292][B]Or Shanahan would find a way to fail him just to stick it to him. [/B] Given Shanahan's language over the past day, it would not surprise me. While I don't think AH needs to be cut any slack, I think there are better ways to stick it to him during camp rather than doing this and continue the media circus. I hope this is not the case.[/quote]

I wouldn't believe that for a second. It makes no sense and Shanahan is too professional to do such an unproductive thing.

Ruhskins 07-29-2010 01:47 PM

Well this is not good...

[QUOTE]CindyBoren
RT @kjohnsoncsn: Just confirmed Haynesworth failed conditioning test! If he'd worked out w/team in offseason, he wouldn't have had 2 take it.[/QUOTE]

So much for looking forward to training camp. Call me when pre-season begins, because if you follow the team this is all anyone in the media is going to talk about. Ugh.

over the mountain 07-29-2010 01:48 PM

[quote=rbanerjee23;715288]Test is usually something super easy like running 50 yards a certain number of times and in a certain amount of time. So he could have run for some of it and walked the other part.[/quote]

i read part of the 'workout" was running 50 yards twelve times.

can we expect to see some video of todays workouts on redskins nation tonight on tv?

CRedskinsRule 07-29-2010 01:49 PM

Wait, I thought Big Al and MS were working together to increase his trade value. Did the conditioning test grader not get the memo?

SmootSmack 07-29-2010 01:49 PM

I think maybe his test was perhaps a bit more difficult than it probably should have been...but that's on Haynesworth. He's the one who insisted he needed to work out on his own to be in the best of shape, so he has to prove it was worth it.

Have now heard from multiple sources that he indeed did fail the test

wilsowilso 07-29-2010 01:55 PM

Cardio strength has always been Haynesworth only real weakness.

His endurance has never been very good, but everyone just lets it slide because he is so dominant when he isn't on the sideline sucking wind.

This is no surprise to me.

mredskins 07-29-2010 01:57 PM

[quote=Buster;715289]Not Fox News. Fox Sports and Fox News are separate, unrelated entities. Nice try...not really.[/quote]

It was a joke keep your panties on and it worked because it fired you up. You and first take the bait like a starving trout.

MTK 07-29-2010 02:00 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;715322]I think maybe his test was perhaps a bit more difficult than it probably should have been...but that's on Haynesworth. He's the one who insisted he needed to work out on his own to be in the best of shape, so he has to prove it was worth it.

Have now heard from multiple sources that he indeed did fail the test[/quote]

Yeah my first thought was that's a hell of a lot of running for a DT, but you're right, he made his bed by not participating in the offseason stuff. I can't feel bad for him.

SirClintonPortis 07-29-2010 02:10 PM

[QUOTE]Jay_Glazer
I was told they made albert run 2 300 yd shuttle runs. Basically 12 fifty yard sprints
about 1 hour ago via UberTwitter[/QUOTE]Al got what he wished for.

SmootSmack 07-29-2010 02:10 PM

So if I understand this right...he had to pee, and that's what did him in?

[url=http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/]Redskins Insider - Your daily source for news and commentary on the Washington Redskins, by Jason Reid[/url]

[QUOTE]Haynesworth did so well in the first phase that one team source said he "killed it." But Haynesworth apparently needed a lavatory break midway through the second part and was unable to complete the test after returning and starting from the beginning.[/QUOTE]

wilsowilso 07-29-2010 02:14 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;715329]So if I understand this right...he had to pee, and that's what did him in?

[URL="http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/"]Redskins Insider - Your daily source for news and commentary on the Washington Redskins, by Jason Reid[/URL][/quote]

This guy has the maturity level of a twelve year old.

Does he really think that type of excuse is going to work?

Grow up dude.

Paintrain 07-29-2010 02:15 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;715329]So if I understand this right...he had to pee, and that's what did him in?

[url=http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/]Redskins Insider - Your daily source for news and commentary on the Washington Redskins, by Jason Reid[/url][/quote]

Probably having to start over after having to pee was the issue.

MTK 07-29-2010 02:16 PM

Will the drama ever end with this guy? :doh:

SmootSmack 07-29-2010 02:16 PM

[quote=Paintrain;715331]Probably having to start over after having to pee was the issue.[/quote]

Yeah, seems that way.

Monkeydad 07-29-2010 02:18 PM

[quote=BringBackJoeT;715314]Well, AH may fairly be said to have displayed some baby-like qualities in the last few months, but I don't think he's quite a Brandon Marshall, although that's probably a minority opinion.[/quote]

I don't see AH slicing himself up in a living room wrestling match that went through a glass entertainment center.

CRedskinsRule 07-29-2010 02:20 PM

I am so over this. Sounds like he will pass shortly.

Gmanc711 07-29-2010 02:38 PM

I mean I dont want to defend Haynesworth in anyway, shape or form about this whole ordeal, because I cannot belive a guy who made that much money acts the way he does.... but I wouldnt be suprised if Shannahan was looking to fail him to prove a point.... because if it was two, 300 yard shuttle runs, that seems a little much for a defesnive linemen.

SouperMeister 07-29-2010 02:38 PM

Almost makes me think that his restroom break was a planned stunt. Show Shanahan that you're in great condition, but don't complete the drill, forcing Shanny to make the next move.

skinsfaninok 07-29-2010 02:43 PM

Please trade this guy. I'm so tired of his HIgh School drama shit. It's like were watching redskins on MTV or something.