Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Unofficial depth chart is out (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/37740-unofficial-depth-chart-is-out.html)

Mattyk 08-09-2010 05:25 PM

Unofficial depth chart is out

[url=http://www.redskins.com/gen/team/depthChart.jsp]Depth Chart - Washington Redskins[/url]

Some notables:

Thomas and Kelly - 3rd string at WR
Carriker - 1st string ahead of Daniels
Willie Parker - 4th string
Carter - 1st string ahead of Alexander
Moore - 1st string safety

SouperMeister 08-09-2010 05:32 PM

Re: Unofficial depth chart is out

[quote=Mattyk;718648][URL="http://www.redskins.com/gen/team/depthChart.jsp"]Depth Chart - Washington Redskins[/URL]

Some notables:

Thomas and Kelly - 3rd string at WR
Carriker - 1st string ahead of Daniels
Willie Parker - 4th string
Carter - 1st string ahead of Alexander
Moore - 1st string safety[/quote]
I can understand Kelly since he hasn't been on the field, but Thomas? Has he really been that unimpressive in camp? Our 10-man 2008 draft will surely go down in Redskins infamy if they get cut.

skinsfaninok 08-09-2010 05:34 PM

Can we please get Vincent Jackson? Who cares give up a 1st or 2nd

GridIron26 08-09-2010 05:38 PM

[quote=SouperMeister;718651]I can understand Kelly since he hasn't been on the field, but Thomas? Has he really been that unimpressive in camp? Our 10-man 2008 draft will surely go down in Redskins infamy if they get cut.[/quote]

Preseason haven't even started yet.. I'm pretty sure Thomas will jump up into 2nd stringer or 1st stringer at starting of the season.. I'm kinda surprised to see that D. Morris isn't in the chart?

GridIron26 08-09-2010 05:42 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;718652]Can we please get Vincent Jackson? Who cares give up a 1st or 2nd[/quote]

Enough with the idea of trading for Jackson, seriously! We need to stop giving up our picks for players.. Like I said in my first post, preseason haven't start yet.. We will need those picks to draft a NT or G or whichever other position we need.. Even a WR.. If we trade for Jackson, he won't be able to play first 4 games anyway.. Beside we have Cooley, Davis, and Moss.. I know Shanahan(s) are smart enough to utilize those 3 players if we need some big plays..

Big C 08-09-2010 05:50 PM

galloway starting receiver now? forgot we even signed him. justin tryon our last cb? man.

also wheres dennis morrs on the depth chart, the rookie fb we drafted?

NM Redskin 08-09-2010 05:52 PM

Kinda surprised to see Barnes where he is and Tyron so low. Seems like they flip flopped.

skinsnut 08-09-2010 06:11 PM

Torrain is 3rd RB in front of Parker...thats a bit suprising this early

Golston a starter over Daniels is interesting too...Daniels is a beast...perhaps they are thinking age...to transition him to the primary bench guy...I just dont buy it though...daniels is still better than golston.

Not suprised by Tryon being 4th string...but Barnes aint there in coverage yet.
Perhaps putting Tryon at 4th has something to do with that article about him being a breakout player....for all we know he got a big head about it or something...he's got to be better than Ramzee Robinson...I mean...c'mon! He's not great, but he doesn't suck that bad

SmootSmack 08-09-2010 06:14 PM

Not going to put too much stock in this depth chart at this point in the preseason but....TORAIN!!!!!!!!!

SirClintonPortis 08-09-2010 06:17 PM

Devin still is the first team kick returner though, so he isn't that likely on the cut list at the moment.

GhettoDogAllStars 08-09-2010 06:23 PM

I read an opinion piece (can't remember where) basically saying that Parker won't be on the roster opening day. He's getting fewer reps in camp than Torain.

With the exception of WR, our depth chart doesn't look too bad.

Lotus 08-09-2010 06:51 PM

[quote=skinsnut;718661][B]Torrain is 3rd RB in front of Parker...thats a bit suprising this early[/B]

Golston a starter over Daniels is interesting too...Daniels is a beast...perhaps they are thinking age...to transition him to the primary bench guy...I just dont buy it though...daniels is still better than golston.

Not suprised by Tryon being 4th string...but Barnes aint there in coverage yet.
Perhaps putting Tryon at 4th has something to do with that article about him being a breakout player....for all we know he got a big head about it or something...he's got to be better than Ramzee Robinson...I mean...c'mon! He's not great, but he doesn't suck that bad[/quote]

Shanny was ready to start Torain in Denver before Torain got hurt. He's been under the radar but that won't last.

SkinzWin 08-09-2010 07:56 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;718652]Can we please get Vincent Jackson? Who cares give up a 1st or 2nd[/quote]

I care if we give up a 1st or 2nd round pick. We NEED to stop doing that! I read an article saying they are looking at Fred Davis in the slot sometimes and that it has been working well. Everyone has been saying Davis has been the most dynamic player in camp. They have to find him somewhere to get on the field with Cooley in front of him. I would much rather stay put than give up that much for Jackson. However, Galloway at the #2 receiver position at age 103 is not promising.

GusFrerotte 08-09-2010 09:24 PM

[quote=SkinzWin;718676]I care if we give up a 1st or 2nd round pick. We NEED to stop doing that! I read an article saying they are looking at Fred Davis in the slot sometimes and that it has been working well. Everyone has been saying Davis has been the most dynamic player in camp. They have to find him somewhere to get on the field with Cooley in front of him. I would much rather stay put than give up that much for Jackson. However, Galloway at the #2 receiver position at age 103 is not promising.[/quote]

Yeah, we need our top picks to continue to build the o line and the defensive backfield. If Thomas and Kelly are flops this year it means one thing, and that is the scouting staff under Gibbs/Zorn sucked balls. Also we need to quit wasting picks on positions that are already shored up like TE. Why we drafted a TE this past draft boggles my mind. It is like when Gibbs(Vinny) drafted 3 RBs when we already had CP, Betts, and Rock. Use any damn pick for urgent needs, not try to fool around with some gimmick experiment. Galloway at #2 at this point isn't very good at all.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-09-2010 09:35 PM

I am with Smoot. I just don't put much stock in the depth chart this early in camp.

I also would not like to see us trading away high draft picks for a WR who is about to be suspended.