Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   Vasectomy Anyone (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/37762-vasectomy-anyone.html)

firstdown 08-10-2010 02:54 PM

Vasectomy Anyone

Well the time has come and I need to get this done. I have my first appointment with a Urologist on Thursday and I'm not to thrilled. I was not to worried until I read about the procedure and I had a growing pain down there thinking about the whole thing. So, who has had it done and what can I really expect?

BleedBurgundy 08-10-2010 03:04 PM

Re: Vasectomy Anyone

Worst Thread Title Ever.

My father had this done years ago... said it was very painful. I would not do this for anything. Is there a reason your wife can't go on birth control?

CRedskinsRule 08-10-2010 03:12 PM

I had it done after our third child. They gave me drugs, snipped it, and I went home vegged, and then watched the draft the next day(heckuva way to convince my ex to let me watch it!). It was no big deal at least what I remember, but then again they gave me GOOD drugs!

BleedBurgundy 08-10-2010 03:23 PM

Forgot about this one... Dude I worked with in Iceland got one done, then went rock climbing a week later. Somehow, this led to [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephantiasis"]Elephantiasis[/URL] of the balls. Not nearly as cool as it sounds.

Monkeydad 08-10-2010 03:36 PM

Sounds like you're offering free ones, FD.

I have no advice other than don't get one in Iceland and don't go rock-climbing right after it...but I plan on getting one when we reach our agreed-upon total of 3 kids.

I can just see it now though, I give her #3 and it will end up being #3 AND #4. :doh: :D

mredskins 08-10-2010 03:50 PM

I have heard you will be hurting for a couple of days after wards.

Plus I think they do it while you are awake!

Monkeydad 08-10-2010 03:53 PM

Yeah, local anesthesia.

Honestly, it's easier and less painful than your wife getting "snipped" and you can be sure that if you're really finished making babies, you won't have an "I forgot to take my pill" moment. Much safer. Also, some women have bad reactions to and can't take BC. My wife did not do well on it.

Small price to pay to keep your retirement funds intact. :D

MonkFan4Life 08-10-2010 04:03 PM

I'm going to go with NO on this one !

Slingin Sammy 33 08-10-2010 04:17 PM

Couple guys I used to work with had it done, said it's not a big deal. You'll be sore for 2-3 days, other than that, no horror stories.

Schneed10 08-10-2010 04:31 PM

I plan on doing it when the time is right. We're done having children, but at age 31 I don't want to yet do anything this intense. Never know, my wife and kids could get killed by bigfoot. I might want to remarry and build a few more babies.

But when the time's right I'll probably go for it. My wife's no good on birth control, the hormones really mess with her. We stick with good old fashioned rubbers.

I've heard you get sore but nothing you can't handle. Honestly, the fear is overblown because dudes are protective of their nards. Justified fear, but overblown nonetheless. You'll be fine.

firstdown 08-10-2010 05:37 PM

[quote=Buster;718913]Yeah, local anesthesia.

Honestly, it's easier and less painful than your wife getting "snipped" and you can be sure that if you're really finished making babies, you won't have an "I forgot to take my pill" moment. Much safer. Also, some women have bad reactions to and can't take BC. My wife did not do well on it.

Small price to pay to keep your retirement funds intact. :D[/quote]

This was pretty much my thought and my wife said if I can have the child you can get snipped. It's also allot less complicated for a man to go under.

Hog1 08-10-2010 05:38 PM

I have been...........considering it. Have not gotten past that stage....

CRedskinsRule 08-10-2010 06:07 PM

[quote=firstdown;718926]This was pretty much my thought and my wife said if I can have the child you can get snipped. It's also allot less complicated for a man to go under.[/quote]

It's ALOT better for the guy to do it then the woman. You also can get it reversed if Bigfoot does manage to find your family.

Seriously, I did it on the Friday, and was at work Monday. Since I used it as a watch the draft pass, I drank beer all weekend and don't really remember much else to the procedure. I am sure it must have been sore, but I didn't leave screaming in agony or anything like that.

dmek25 08-10-2010 06:43 PM

had it done. was very nervous. had a really cool Dr. ,and told me to stay off my feet for the weekend. had it done Friday around 4:00. and was back to work Monday morning at 7:00. as long as you chill with an ice pack, you will be fine.

12thMan 08-10-2010 07:00 PM

I. Love. Warpath.