Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The 2010 Marcus McCullough-Mix Award (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=37805)

SmootSmack 08-12-2010 01:40 PM

The 2010 Marcus McCullough-Mix Award

It's that time of year again where we identify that scrappy young late round/free agent player with the seemingly impossible uphill climb to make the final roster who will turn heads during the preseason and be the source of many a thread over the next four weeks.

Who will be this year's preseason hero?

Mod Note: Colt Brennan is not mentioned in the thread title because we don't take the Colt's name in vain...Chase Daniel isn't because neither his first nor last name begin with M

ArtMonkDrillz 08-12-2010 02:02 PM

Re: The 2010 Marcus McCullough-Mix Award

Malcolm Kelly.

Oh wait, he won't impress anyone this preseason.

mooby 08-12-2010 02:03 PM

I'm putting my money in the Anthony Armstrong camp. Sorry Brandon Banks, I just don't see room for a small guy who has speed but has a fumbling/weight/can't catch problem.

MTK 08-12-2010 02:04 PM

Can we include Beck? I can totally see him shining against the scrubs this preseason and getting everyone all hot and bothered.

SmootSmack 08-12-2010 02:18 PM

[quote=Mattyk;719412]Can we include Beck? I can totally see him shining against the scrubs this preseason and getting everyone all hot and bothered.[/quote]

He'd be Someone Else I suppose. Thought about including him, but I don't know that he has such a difficult climb to make the roster

I actually totally forgot to include Keiland Williams. Want to update the poll with Beck and Williams, or leave as is?

MTK 08-12-2010 02:20 PM

Yeah Beck's climb isn't impossible for sure, I can just see him getting some lovin' from the Cult of Colters who will be on the rebound.

GTripp0012 08-12-2010 03:32 PM

I'm a Keiland Williams-ite, but I'm going to go with a little bit of a surprise here, and say Anderson Russell could make the team -- or at least the final cut.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-12-2010 03:39 PM

What about Terrence Austin? :)

I am going with Williams, though as I like the idea of keeping to young guys and two vets.

So I am going someone else.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-12-2010 03:40 PM

IF we are talking about someone who will light it up in preseason and not make the team though.... hmmm. I have to get my reading comprehension down!

I'll change my vote to Shay Hodge. Has a good preseason but doesn't make the team.

skinsfaninok 08-12-2010 05:29 PM

Joe Theisman

SBXVII 08-12-2010 06:54 PM

I'm interested in how Austin does, but I'm sure they won't waist a draft pick so most likely he makes the team. Armstrong was a practice squad member last yr so I voted him to make the team. I'm almost believing from how well he's been playing in preseason that he takes "Kelly's" spot and Kelly gets cut.

The other person who intrigues me is Banks. Only cause he's small and fast. I'm guessing he makes the PS but I'd love to see him make the team as the KR/PR then get utilized as a WR some day when they want to have a speed package.... Moss, Thomas, Austin, and Banks. or Banks being utilized in the Wild Cat.

SBXVII 08-12-2010 07:17 PM

[quote=Mattyk;719412]Can we include Beck? I can totally see him shining against the scrubs this preseason and getting everyone all hot and bothered.[/quote]

I think it's funny how a lot of people are acting like Beck is just another scrub. I'm not saying he's not, but I found it interesting from Brennan's interview on 106.7 FM after he was cut that Mike Shanahan told him that he was interested in Beck and was going to draft him but another team beat the Bronco's to doing so. Brennan said he was told they were interested in Beck all a long and when they had a chance to get him they traded for him.

What it tells me is Shanahan likes Beck and his abilities and Shanahan thinks Beck will do well in his system. I keep hearing how the team might only carry 2 QB's and that Shanahan has done it before in Denver. I don't think Beck can be put on the practice squad so keeping him would mean keeping 3 QB's.

skinsfan_nn 08-12-2010 07:26 PM

Out of the players listed....I have selected Armstrong. I think this kid has a good chance to make the 53.

By the way add BECK he's one of the smartest people I have ever met!

Dirtbag59 08-12-2010 09:03 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;719402]

Mod Note: Colt Brennan is not mentioned in the thread title because we don't take the Colt's name in vain...[B]Chase Daniel [/B]isn't because neither his first nor last name begin with M[/quote]

Chase Daniels

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-12-2010 09:14 PM

[quote=SBXVII;719559]I think it's funny how a lot of people are acting like Beck is just another scrub. I'm not saying he's not, but I found it interesting from Brennan's interview on 106.7 FM after he was cut that Mike Shanahan told him that he was interested in Beck and was going to draft him but another team beat the Bronco's to doing so. Brennan said he was told they were interested in Beck all a long and when they had a chance to get him they traded for him.

What it tells me is Shanahan likes Beck and his abilities and Shanahan thinks Beck will do well in his system. I keep hearing how the team might only carry 2 QB's and that Shanahan has done it before in Denver. I don't think Beck can be put on the practice squad so keeping him would mean keeping 3 QB's.[/quote]

I did not know that MS had interest in Beck back then. It may bode well for him if he can make some plays in camp and in the preseason.

Hell he may be the future! ;)