Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   Detroit/Indy (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/3788-detroit-indy.html)

itvnetop 11-19-2004 11:57 PM

Detroit/Indy

This is totally unrelated to the NFL, much less the Redskins... but has anyone just seen the footage from Auburn Hills tonight?

I don't think I've ever seen something like that in professional sports.

[url]http://media.holla-front.com/nbafight.wmv[/url]

Redskins8588 11-20-2004 12:02 AM

What is it? I can not get to the page here at work

Mattyk 11-20-2004 12:03 AM

I just caught it on espn, wow what an ugly, ugly incident

Jim Grey was going over what happened and his voice was literally cracking with emotion

SmootSmack 11-20-2004 12:24 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]I just caught it on espn, wow what an ugly, ugly incident

Jim Grey was going over what happened and his voice was literally cracking with emotion[/QUOTE]

Yeah I really thought he was going to break down. That was all very ugly. I've been down courtside for several NBA games and it's true fans can get really verbally abusive toward the players and the players can hear everything. Even I've wanted to rush the stands sometimes and it's not even me they're talking about

4TH RING 11-20-2004 01:11 AM

The players have every right to defend themselves, Artest might have been out of line for jumping into the stands but in the heat of the moment who can blame him. The verbal abuse always goes on, but when you start throwing things IMO you're a coward. If the fan was that upset be a man about it and confront him 1 on 1. Although by the look on that fans face Artest would've definately opened a can on him. :boxing: O'neal had every right also, to defend his teamate (I believe that was the same fan that was swinging at Artest from behind while he was being held in the stands). The league should review the tape and ban all the idiot fans involved.

Gmanc711 11-20-2004 02:24 AM

Pacers V Pistons

I cant belive there wasent a thread on this already. Holy F'n Sh*t!! That was the craziest thing I have ever seen in sports, hands down no talking about it, craziest thing I have ever seen. This isnt a good crazy at all. That is one of the most disgraceful things ever to take place at a sporting event. Hands down all professional sports have gone down a level for being remotley associated with the NBA, The Detorit Pistons and their Fans, and the Indiana Pacers. That being said... who do you blame??

First of all, that was a weak foul and Ben Wallace shouldnt have shoved Artest. That being said, I dont blame Wallace for what ultimatley happened, but he shouldnt have shoved him. Now who do you blame now.... the fans or Artest for charing the stands?? Personally, I blame both. All of those fans, every single one who threw a punch, threw any item whatsoever, should be jailed, fined, banned anything. Those guys are freaking idiots! If you pay your money to go to the game, just go to the game watch, cheer, cry , yell , scream , swear, it dosent matter. DONT GET PHSYCICALLY INVOLVED!!! How stupid do you have to be?? All of those guys should have criminal charges put against them, and thrown in jail.....

On the other hand... if your Ron Artest... YOU CANT under any circumstaces charge the stands like that. I dont give a crap what that guy does, security will handle it, you dont charge the stands let alone start throwing punches (at who I think wasent even the guy who threw the beer, you can clearly see a drink in his hand when Artest attacks him). I have seen crap thrown at athletes before and they dont react in a physcial and violent way. I couldnt belive what I was hearing what Steven A. Scott and the NBA shootaround guys were sticking up for Artest... he was most defintley in the wrong just like all those jackass fans. Now, while I think some of the thrown punches on the floor were unesassary ( J. Oneal's was a cheapshot ), it happend on the floor and I think thats a totaly different story. However, as soon as Artest put himself from the court, to the stands, he was in the wrong in my book. As a professional athlete, you cant do that. Ultimatley I blame Artest for going crazy and charging the stands, however it certinaly isnt all his fault, those fans were absolutley ludacris. Anyways... I think this is going ot be and already is one of the biggest stories in SPORTS history... any takes????

Gmanc711 11-20-2004 02:27 AM

[QUOTE=4TH RING]The players have every right to defend themselves, Artest might have been out of line for jumping into the stands but in the heat of the moment who can blame him. The verbal abuse always goes on, but when you start throwing things IMO you're a coward. If the fan was that upset be a man about it and confront him 1 on 1. Although by the look on that fans face Artest would've definately opened a can on him. :boxing: O'neal had every right also, to defend his teamate (I believe that was the same fan that was swinging at Artest from behind while he was being held in the stands). The league should review the tape and ban all the idiot fans involved.[/QUOTE]

I blame Artest for going into the stands. I dont give a crap, unless a fan came up and punched him or Phsycially threatened him in a serious way (Athletes have junk chucked at them all the time). There was no reason for him to be in the stands. Those fans are idiots, but you cant do that. Whatever happend on the court is a different story.

4TH RING 11-20-2004 04:23 AM

[QUOTE=Gmanc711]I blame Artest for going into the stands. I dont give a crap, unless a fan came up and punched him or Phsycially threatened him in a serious way (Athletes have junk chucked at them all the time). There was no reason for him to be in the stands. Those fans are idiots, but you cant do that. Whatever happend on the court is a different story.[/QUOTE]
I agree that Artest sould have let the proper authorities handle the fan. At the same time his behavior and (any fan throwing things) is chicken s***t. What did Artest do to this fan to justify his behavior? I'm pretty sure this drunk idiot wouldn't have the balls to do this alone on the street with Artest. I'm sorry but you have to draw the line when it comes to fan behavior and in the heat of the moment I don't blame Artest for reacting the way he did. This fan had other ways to voice his displeasure.

BrudLee 11-20-2004 07:31 AM

The problem is that Ron Artest has a history of... unpredictable behavior. Fighting, arguing, and being dispruptive isn't news - the degree is. He's got issues, and the team and the league need to step in and help him.

Was he provoked? Damn right. That doesn't mean he isn't crazy.

redrock-skins 11-20-2004 09:38 AM

There was no security to handle the fans throwing stuff at Artest. He can blamed for a lot of things and his rap album issues, but he wasn't at fault this time. This wasn't a case of a fan just saying something profane or racial. Something was actually thrown. Once that happens, he should go after who is attacking him.

T.O. and the NFL, your story just got old real fast! They are thanking the NBA right now.

Gmanc711 11-20-2004 11:14 AM

[QUOTE=4TH RING]I agree that Artest sould have let the proper authorities handle the fan. At the same time his behavior and (any fan throwing things) is chicken s***t. What did Artest do to this fan to justify his behavior? I'm pretty sure this drunk idiot wouldn't have the balls to do this alone on the street with Artest. I'm sorry but you have to draw the line when it comes to fan behavior and in the heat of the moment I don't blame Artest for reacting the way he did. This fan had other ways to voice his displeasure.[/QUOTE]

Oh Absolutley, I agree 100%. That fan is the biggest chicken sh*t in the world, so is any other fan that started throwing punches, throwing food, liquid, cloths, chairs whatever. Theres all those freaking kids there, they showed a old woman who got knocked on the ground, they are all a bunch of jackasses. That being said, Artest sunk down to their level when he ran into the stands, in my opinion.

Mattyk 11-20-2004 08:20 PM

You just can't jump in to the stands like Artest did, no matther what.

Did anyone see that little kid in the stands right next to where Artest jumped on that guy? The little kid looked horrified.

I'd like to see Artest face a very lengthy suspension. The guy is a jackass.

That Guy 11-20-2004 08:57 PM

artest is definately a jackass, but people know he's not the most stable person, so why tempt fatee by throwing shit at him? those fans were way beyond stupid or rude... you should NEVER jump into the stands, but he was still probably pissed off from the on-court issues, and once he walks away (finally) to chill out, some asshole starts throwing stuff (and i'm sure he was verbally taunted by "fans" the whole time), so i can see someone known as a hothead reacting in such a way... its a horrible situation though.

Skins fan 44 11-20-2004 09:37 PM

What an ugly mess. Artest should know better than to go in the stands and do that altough it is hard to say that I dont blame him. I think I rembember one situation where someone through something and he was caught by people sitting around him. It sure was a mess watching the Pacers go in the locker room with all the fans lined up to throw stuff at them. What class on there part. As much as the players should be punished the fans should also and I am not just talking about 2 or 3 there should be no less than 20 even though doubtful. You can bet there will be plenty of lawsuits involved.

Daseal 11-20-2004 11:07 PM

Artest just got punched in the face and was trying to restrain himself and someone throws some sort of cup full of something on him. This is 100% the fan's fault, they need to be fined and barred from seeing any future Pistons games.

Artest is known for being unstable. It took a lot for him to just walk away from ben Wallace. He does the right thing, goes and lies on the scoring table in agonizing pain, then some jackass throws something on him. I think this one is all on the fans, and I hope artest punched him once for me!