Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cowboys lose 2 offensive linemen in a week. Kyle Kosier to miss a month due to injury! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=37930)

GusFrerotte 08-18-2010 09:07 PM

Cowboys lose 2 offensive linemen in a week. Kyle Kosier to miss a month due to injury!

NFl.com just reported Cowboy's OG Kyle Kosier is going to miss a month due to injury. That is two Boys linemen out in a week. Things are looking good for Sep 12 already, as long as the injury bug passes us by. This will help the run D maybe![url=http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d819d885e/article/cowboys-kosier-likely-out-at-least-one-month-with-sprained-knee?module=HP_headlines]NFL.com news: Cowboys' Kosier likely out at least one month with sprained knee[/url]

Dirtbag59 08-18-2010 11:43 PM

Re: Cowboys lose 2 offensive linemen in a week. Kyle Kosier to miss a month due to injury!

They still have Alex Barron and Montrae Holland backing up the two guys that got hurt. That's not much of a drop off from Marc Colombo and Kyle Kosier. Besides they still have Davis and Gurode. Weather or not Free deserves to be mentioned as an asset is yet to be determined. The only way these injuries really give us an edge is if Barron can't go on opening day and Dallas is forced to start Brewster against Alexander/Carter.

GusFrerotte 08-19-2010 12:01 AM

Re: Cowboys lose 2 offensive linemen in a week. Kyle Kosier to miss a month due to injury!

Maybe not much of a drop off Dirt, but any edge couldn't hurt!!!!! We need to work on our run D on our own, but knowing that 40% of their starting line is hurt still might help us out.

tryfuhl 08-19-2010 12:03 AM

Hurt the backups too!!!

j/k, but they definitely have some concerns

GusFrerotte 08-19-2010 12:12 AM

[quote=tryfuhl;721815]Hurt the backups too!!!

j/k, but they definitely have some concerns[/quote]

THe way things are going Tryfuhl, the Boys just might lose one or two of them also!!

CultBrennan59 08-19-2010 12:28 AM

Good to see Dallas's 'first team to ever host super bowl year' start on a high note

GMScud 08-19-2010 12:38 AM

[quote=GusFrerotte;721822]THe way things are going Tryfuhl, the Boys just might lose one or two of them also!![/quote]

I think it's god awful karma to cheer injuries, especially considering what we've been through the past few seasons on the O-line.

That said, I'm not mad that their o-line won't be full strength week 1 in our house. Lord knows our line had to go shorthanded against DeMarcus Ware and Co plenty of times in recent years.

tryfuhl 08-19-2010 12:47 AM

[quote=GusFrerotte;721822]THe way things are going Tryfuhl, the Boys just might lose one or two of them also!![/quote]
No doubt. And for those citing Alex Barron, he's extremely penalty prone, he may still be the highest penalized player in the game, I think that he was as of last year. Barron's ankle kept him out of the game last week after spraining it during the HOF game. He also got a dislocated pinky in practice.

tryfuhl 08-19-2010 12:47 AM

[quote=GMScud;721836]I think it's god awful karma to cheer injuries, especially considering what we've been through the past few seasons on the O-line.

That said, I'm not mad that their o-line won't be full strength week 1 in our house. Lord knows our line had to go shorthanded against DeMarcus Ware and Co plenty of times in recent years.[/quote]

No doubt, I just hope that now that we're getting more into hitting that our guys don't start going down.

sandtrapjack 08-19-2010 08:51 AM

[quote=Dirtbag359;721788]They still have Alex Barron and Montrae Holland backing up the two guys that got hurt. That's not much of a drop off from Marc Colombo and Kyle Kosier. Besides they still have Davis and Gurode. Weather or not Free deserves to be mentioned as an asset is yet to be determined. The only way these injuries really give us an edge is if Barron can't go on opening day and Dallas is forced to start Brewster against Alexander/Carter.[/quote]
Barron was disappointing in his debut during the HOF game and is a little dinged up too.

Holland has not shown us anything.

Kosier was out for the 2008 season and the offense really suffered during his absence. Especially the running game.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-19-2010 09:55 AM

I said it in the other injury thread, I really believe that we will win this football game. Assuming that we stay fairly healthy through the preseason. We have been so close over the last few years to beating Dallas but have lost due to poor judgment by the coaching staff and the QB. This year is different there will be so much emotion surrounding the team on week one that I would honestly be kinda shocked if we lost that game.

Monkeydad 08-19-2010 10:02 AM

Hey Tony, what's that sound? [IMG]http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss316/vendettachrncls2/gif/ambulance.gif[/IMG]

SBXVII 08-19-2010 10:35 AM

I too hate the cheering of injuries since karma can be a pain in the arse.....

but this will definitly bode well for us if we can stay healthy. Everyone or almost everyone picked Dallas to win the division so this will give us a small edge for the first game.

Didn't the Eagles suffer a couple injuries with linemen as well? It would be weird if we ended up taking the division..... 9-7 or 10-6?

Monkeydad 08-19-2010 10:36 AM

I'm not cheering injuries, I'm cheering the demise of the Evil Empire.

SFREDSKIN 08-19-2010 10:43 AM

Sounds like they are having a start to a year like we had the last 2 previous years.