Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins Sign FB Carey Davis and S Tyrone Carter (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=38008)

SmootSmack 08-22-2010 05:14 PM

Redskins Sign FB Carey Davis and S Tyrone Carter

[url=http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/fullback-carey-davis-added-to.html]Redskins Insider - Fullback Carey Davis added to roster[/url]

Not sure this move even necessitated its own thread quite honestly, but whatever. It's new news

SouperMeister 08-22-2010 05:34 PM

re: Redskins Sign FB Carey Davis and S Tyrone Carter

Probably means that the Sellers injury is worse than first believed.

theJBexperience 08-22-2010 08:32 PM

Uh oh. Hope Big Mike's injury isn't bad. Speaking of RBs, we need to make a move for McGahee. He's better than any RB on our roster right now, and the Ravens want to move him.

InsaneBoost 08-22-2010 10:12 PM

Definitely must be because of Sellers, really was crossing my fingers he'd be okay, but I guess not.

CultBrennan59 08-22-2010 10:56 PM

A) I knew Sellers knee injury was bad, the second I saw the replay, it reminded me of Jansens a few years back, how he got rolled up and was in pain pretty much the same way.

B) I guess Shanahan doesn't have any faith at all in Dennis Morris :( sucks cause that guy can hit! (and catch)

tryfuhl 08-22-2010 11:05 PM

alright

Slingin Sammy 33 08-22-2010 11:36 PM

Never want to see serious injury, hope Sellers gets well.

Competiton for the FB spot is a good thing. Hopefully Morris steps up.

Redskins8588 08-23-2010 12:21 AM

[quote=theJBexperience;723010]Uh oh. Hope Big Mike's injury isn't bad. Speaking of RBs, we need to make a move for McGahee. He's better than any RB on our roster right now, and the Ravens want to move him.[/quote]

You really think that he is better than Portis???

mredskins 08-23-2010 08:25 AM

[quote=theJBexperience;723010]Uh oh. Hope Big Mike's injury isn't bad. Speaking of RBs, we need to make a move for McGahee. He's better than any RB on our roster right now, and the Ravens want to move him.[/quote]

WHAT????? You seriously would rather have McGhahe over Portis. Awful post/idea.

Monkeydad 08-23-2010 11:32 AM

^

Agreed.

If Big Mike misses time, I am confident that Darrel Young and Dennis Morris could perform fine. It will be a dropoff from Sellers, but they have looked good in camp.

scowan 08-23-2010 11:45 AM

[quote=mredskins;723104]WHAT????? You seriously would rather have McGhahe over Portis. Awful post/idea.[/quote]

McGahee over Portis, No Way! Portis looked great compared to Larry Johnson. I know Suggs was owning Trent Williams, but Portis seems to find those cracks and just slips through the line a lot better than other backs. Plus Portis picks up blitzing LBs like he is a Left Tackle! McNabb was a little off with his passes Saturday night, but guys dropped balls as well and you have to hand it to the Ravens, they do have a good D.
McNabb threw for 200 yards in one half!! They just couldn't finish.

skinsnut 08-23-2010 11:56 AM

I think McGahee would be a fantastic #2 back if we ditched both Parker and Johnson...
Johnson laid an egg during his "super bowl game"....theoretically, a power back should average more yardage than Portis when the blocking breaks down as it did...assuming he is driving up the gut...I didn't see the game but, I have heard nothing to indicate that Johnson was driving piles backwards. A 2 yard average is just pathetic.

Perhaps it was playcalling...Johnson is not a scat back for a zone blocking scheme...he is a no move straight up power back. If we are not going to use him that way, we should not have him on our squad and should trade him for a 4th rounder or something soon.

firstdown 08-23-2010 12:23 PM

I think Sellers has played like shit after signing a new contract so I'm not so sure how big of a loss his injury really is. Maybe someone will step up and take his place because he has done very little in the past year.

SmootSmack 08-23-2010 12:30 PM

Re: Redskins Sign FB Carey Davis and S Tyrone Carter

Thread title updated to reflect another signing today

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2249]Tyrone Carter Profile - Pittsburgh Steelers - ESPN[/url]

Not sure what the deal is with signing two former Steelers this weekend

And I believe Chris Draft has been released, have not confirmed though

CRedskinsRule 08-23-2010 12:32 PM

Re: Redskins Sign FB Carey Davis and S Tyrone Carter

Thanks SS, mind deleting my thread?