Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   McNabb out for the Jets (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=38057)

mredskins 08-24-2010 03:19 PM

McNabb out for the Jets

[url=http://twitter.com/RedskinsInsider]Redskins Insider (RedskinsInsider) on Twitter[/url]

Dagger!

skinsfan69 08-24-2010 03:29 PM

Re: McNabb out for the Jets

No need to put him out there against that pass rush.

Hog1 08-24-2010 03:31 PM

Not Cool............

MonkFan4Life 08-24-2010 03:33 PM

As long as he's healthy for the 12th

mredskins 08-24-2010 03:33 PM

My Friday evening just became [I][B]very [/B][/I]free!

MonkFan4Life 08-24-2010 03:34 PM

[quote=mredskins;723540]My Friday evening just became [I][B]very [/B][/I]free![/quote]

HA ! I didn't want to say it

scowan 08-24-2010 03:35 PM

So with McNabb out, that has to hurt all of the other guys looking to make a showing this week. A lot of times the 3rd preseason game sees the starters going 3 Qtrs. Willie Parker will be hurt I would think as well as Devin Thomas. So we get to see what Grossman looks like with the first team against a quality oppnent. On second thought with McNabb's history of injuries, maybe we need to see that anyway?

CRedskinsRule 08-24-2010 03:36 PM

CindyBoren

RT @john_keim #Shanahan said #mcnabb would not play even if this were a regular-season game. #redskins 19 minutes ago via web

Seems like that's not a good sign.

GMScud 08-24-2010 03:43 PM

Well, I was one of the people arguing that he's not injury prone when we signed him. Oops. This doesn't help my argument.

I'm actually sort of glad he's not gonna play. That's Jets D is downright nasty. It's the preseason. It would be a shame to have DM suffer a worse injury in a meaningless game. Hopefully Rexy makes it out alive.

scowan 08-24-2010 03:43 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;723544]CindyBoren

RT @john_keim #Shanahan said #mcnabb would not play even if this were a regular-season game. #redskins 19 minutes ago via web

Seems like that's not a good sign.[/quote]

Wow, What happened?? Not a good sign for our team of over the hill guys. We are not real young.

Dirtbag59 08-24-2010 03:48 PM

[quote=GMScud;723548]Well, I was one of the people arguing that he's not injury prone when we signed him. Oops. This doesn't help my argument.

I'm actually sort of glad he's not gonna play. That's Jets D is downright nasty. It's the preseason. It would be a shame to have DM suffer a worse injury in a meaningless game. Hopefully Rexy makes it out alive.[/quote]

McNabb misses a few games every year. If thats the case this year then hopefully it will be the 2 game variety rather then the 6 game variety. This will be a good test for Grossman, so hopefully he's up to the task.

MTK 08-24-2010 03:50 PM

As long as he's good for 9/12 that's all that matters.

CRedskinsRule 08-24-2010 03:51 PM

[quote=GMScud;723548]Well, I was one of the people arguing that he's not injury prone when we signed him. Oops. This doesn't help my argument.

I'm actually sort of glad he's not gonna play. That's Jets D is downright nasty. It's the preseason. It would be a shame to have DM suffer a worse injury in a meaningless game. Hopefully Rexy makes it out alive.[/quote]

I guess I will take the glass half full view too. From that point of view, can I wonder out loud why we wouldn't use the 4th preseason game as the "tune up". I know it isn't the normal process, but there are 10 days between the Az game and the Dallas game.

BigHairedAristocrat 08-24-2010 04:05 PM

we need to trade albert haynesworth to the vikings for sage rosenfels... like yesterday.

CRedskinsRule 08-24-2010 04:12 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;723563]we need to trade albert haynesworth to the vikings for sage rosenfels... like yesterday.[/quote]

I don't see that happening, after all, Houston and KS traded Sage to Minnesota and kept Rex. I like the concept of trading AH to Tampa Bay. They aren't a contender, and making them stronger makes sense in terms of making the Saints schedule just a bit harder.

mredskins 08-24-2010 04:14 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;723566]I don't see that happening, after all, Houston and KS traded Sage to Minnesota and kept Rex. I like the concept of trading AH to Tampa Bay. They aren't a contender, and making them stronger makes sense in terms of making the Saints schedule just a bit harder.[/quote]

Are you being serious? no way do I want Clayton for AH, the guy sucks. Plus we are not battling the Saints for anything, we are just hoping to make the playoffs not battle for the NFC title.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-24-2010 04:16 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;723563]we need to trade albert haynesworth to the vikings for sage rosenfels... like yesterday.[/quote]

No, I don't like that one. Is Sage any kind of upgrade of Rex?

Don't really see the upside.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-24-2010 04:19 PM

[quote=mredskins;723567]Are you being serious? no way do I want Clayton for AH, the guy sucks. Plus we are not battling the Saints for anything, we are just hoping to make the playoffs not battle for the NFC title.[/quote]

You never know where this team may be come the end of December MRed.

I am not counting us out of anything yet.

Hell I am not even crowning the Saints again, this is a new season and there is so much turnover year in and year out in the NFL to really be able to predict the winners in the NFC this year.

sandtrapjack 08-24-2010 04:20 PM

No panic button there.

NOT!

CRedskinsRule 08-24-2010 04:25 PM

[quote=mredskins;723567]Are you being serious? no way do I want Clayton for AH, the guy sucks. Plus we are not battling the Saints for anything, we are just hoping to make the playoffs not battle for the NFC title.[/quote]

Well, to be fair, I didn't say Clayton for AH, I said AH to Tampa Bay. I don't think Clayton for AH straight up would be any type of deal, but throw in picks, or just their 3rd conditional to a 2nd and I might be up for it.

My point in terms of the Saints was I would rather AH go to a non-contender that makes a contender's road harder, than somewhere like Minnesota, where AH could be a key player and end up making the Skins look foolish. I certainly could see us on the 9-7 10-6 area, and maybe the Saints or Falcons lose a game to TB and gives us a wild card. (and I'm not ruling out the Div Championship till we are mathematically eliminated)

My top teams to trade him to would be TB, Seattle, or a few AFC teams.

SmootSmack 08-24-2010 04:27 PM

Where did CRed say anything about Clayton?

BHA-What we need to do is trade Haynesworth for Chris Simms! Am I right?

Scud-I'm glad he's not playing either

Lotus-Time for Bartel to shine!

CRedskinsRule 08-24-2010 04:29 PM

[quote=smootsmack;723573]where did cred say anything about clayton?

Bha-what we need to do is trade haynesworth for chris simms! Am i right?

Scud-i'm glad he's not playing either

[b]lotus-time for bartel to shine![/b][/quote]
I say:
LET'S START BART!
LET'S START BART!
LET'S START BART!
LET'S START BART!
:D

mredskins 08-24-2010 04:35 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;723573][B]Where did CRed say anything about Clayton?[/B]

BHA-What we need to do is trade Haynesworth for Chris Simms! Am I right?

Lotus-Time for Bartel to shine![/quote]

It is being reported the Skins and TB would be good suitors for a AH/ Clayton swap, I assumed he was referring to that, my bad.

Lotus 08-24-2010 04:46 PM

SS and CRed sniffed it out. This is all just a ruse to give our secret weapon, Bartel, some playing time without other teams' getting suspicious. Next stop Pro Bowl for #10!

Ruhskins 08-24-2010 04:49 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;723573]Where did CRed say anything about Clayton?

[B][U]BHA-What we need to do is trade Haynesworth for Chris Simms! Am I right?[/U][/B]

Lotus-Time for Bartel to shine![/quote]

:lol:

SFREDSKIN 08-24-2010 04:53 PM

Kelly is also out again which leads me to think that he is either to going to be placed on the PUP or IR list.

InsaneBoost 08-24-2010 04:57 PM

Doesn't really bother me, preseason is nothing, it's best to keep him healthy for the 12th. I'm guessing we'll get a good chance to see what Grossman can do for us with the first string and get another look at Beck and or Bartel.

DCtoAZ 08-24-2010 04:59 PM

Kelly #12 even sucks on Madden ... and that' saying something

InsaneBoost 08-24-2010 05:05 PM

Yeah he's slow as piss on there.

Longtimefan 08-24-2010 05:11 PM

It could be that we won't see Donovan again until Sept. 12th.

SouperMeister 08-24-2010 05:17 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;723586]Kelly is also out again which leads me to think that he is either to going to be placed on the PUP or IR list.[/quote]I'm just about done with Kelly. He's the second coming of Taylor Jacobs.

ethat001 08-24-2010 05:33 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;723586]Kelly is also out again which leads me to think that he is either to going to be placed on the PUP or IR list.[/quote]

Apparently he can't be placed on the PUP list, since he'd have to be injured BEFORE training camp to do this. IR is still possible I suppose. Sucks, I had hopes for him, but now there's pretty much little to no justification for him to be on our roster. If he is, then Shanahan would violate all his rules of a player proving himself by playing in practice. Banks, Armstrong and even Galloway I guess have shown more than Kelly.

Too bad, MK hurt his hamstring at McNabb's camp. The question will always be - [U][I]did McNabb work his receivers too hard at "Hell week"?[/I][/U]

skinsfaninok 08-24-2010 05:38 PM

He'll be fine by sept. 12. Don't freak out

SmootSmack 08-24-2010 05:44 PM

[quote=mredskins;723578]It is being reported the Skins and TB would be good suitors for a AH/ Clayton swap, I assumed he was referring to that, my bad.[/quote]

If Clayton is cut, I could see us taking a look but an AH/Clayton swap doesn't make sense to me

firstdown 08-24-2010 05:44 PM

So everyone is saying DM won't play because of some tweet. Tweeting is so gay I'll wait for the hard copy.

sandtrapjack 08-24-2010 05:47 PM

[quote=firstdown;723598]So everyone is saying DM won't play because of some tweet. Tweeting is so gay I'll wait for the hard copy.[/quote]
Ask and ye' shall recieve

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5493629]Sprained ankle rules Donovan McNabb out for Washignton Redskins-New York Jets - ESPN[/url]

GMScud 08-24-2010 06:53 PM

[quote=firstdown;723598]So everyone is saying DM won't play because of some tweet. Tweeting is so gay I'll wait for the hard copy.[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken it was confirmed by several media outlets around lunch time that Shanahan said he wouldn't play.

InsaneBoost 08-24-2010 07:30 PM

Really depends on who you follow. There are a lot of good twitter feeds out there, but of course there are probably 10x as much that are bad and worthless.

I try to follow official things, such as the official Capitals, Redskins, Nationals, D.C United etc as well as the big bloggers for the teams, that way I don't run into the problem of whether something is legit or fake.

aceinthehouse 08-24-2010 07:51 PM

I guess you guys didn't the Theismannesqu take down of McNabb on his "intentional grounding"call...

I swear I saw his left leg get caught on the ground and bent backwords as the big guy fell on him.
I'm amazed honestly that he's not done for the season or career. Cause what I witnessed,was the Theismann break that ended his career. Not a pretty site.

Everyone in this forum,should be and feel relieved imo...
Cause he should be wearing a cast instead of walking boot.
Mcnabb is very lucky,we don't play on turf or he was playing at Veterans stadium on that tackle.

I am relieved Shanny is doing this.
And I think a lot of good can come out of Rex starting.

#1)With Mcnabbs previous injury history of missing games,this will allow us to see how good this offense can be run with Grossman and the 1st team on the field.(O-line,Wr's,etc) with grossman at the helm instead of the "Route 66" Rex got against the Ravens.

#2)Rex is not nearly as cool and poised in the Pocket as Mcnabb,so we will get a good look at how the O-line can look. Not to mention McNabbs mobility even at his age is still better than grossman,so we will get to really see how Trent Williams can block the blindside of grossman without the presence of McNabb stepping up in the pocket with his pocket prowness. This game will be a great litmus test for trent Williams and the others imo...

#3)We will get to see which WR's can step up this game with Rex in the game. Who has the consistency to play well with mcnabb or without.

Can Armstrong continue his performance thus far with Rex?
Can Moss adapt to Rex?
How will Cooley or Davis fair with Rex?

Will the jets Defense respect our passing game with Rex or clog the LOS like the ravens did when they were getting burned?

Either way...Rex Ryan is going to be bringin' the House and we don't need McNabb cutting his forehead open and bleeding all over the field the way Eli did against them.

I'm not sure sitting Mcnabb out this game [B]without an injury[/B] would be a bad idea,with Rex Ryan and the jets defensive tendencies to blitz everyone.

Lets sit mcnabb this game...run him for 1 qtr against Arizone if he's close to 100% and prepare for Dallas!

Maybe 2 Qtr's if the line is playing great against Arizona.

That's how I see things anyways.

12thMan 08-24-2010 08:05 PM

Umm...Ace, Rex won't be bringing the house. Trust me. It's just a pre-season game.

Oh and your comment about the 'other' Rex, you're kidding right?