Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Gear (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Which Jersey... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=38081)

skinsnut 08-28-2010 12:46 PM

Re: Which Jersey...

I always thought Mosley #3 was one of the best clutch kickers of all time and a classic Redskin...I think he was on all superbowl teams too...not sure.

Why not Jurgensen or Charley Taylor or Dexter Manley or Mann
Dave Butz is another classic Redskin

I remember Charlie Brown.
You could put all the numbers and names of the "fun bunch" or "the hogs" on one shirt...that would be cool....
Or....you could put on a jersey of classic redskins coaches:
George Allen, Vince Lombardi, Joe Gibbs

or even Jack Kent Cooke

murphy196 08-28-2010 01:47 PM

Manley!!

Monkeydad 08-30-2010 11:09 AM

[quote=mredskins;724617][SIZE=6]Stripped[/SIZE] shirt

[IMG]http://www.champions4champions.org/images/va_hospital_5.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Don't want to see the next shot taken then...

munny 08-30-2010 02:24 PM

Tons of great responses. To address a few:

Mosley -- way to pretty. And a kicker. I don't wear kickers numbers.

Charlie Taylor/Larry Brown -- Awesome guys. I just have no memories of them really. The wayback vault only has room for a few from them. I started watching football when I was about 7 and the fuzzy memories are really of two guys. Chris Hanburger and Pat Fischer.

So, in the end, I went with #37 Pat Fischer. One of the hardest hitting corners you will ever see and had more interceptions than D. Green. The guy was just a 4 foot nothing mad dog out there. If you never saw him take on Harold Carmichael it is hard to understand.

I did find another site that was selling cheap jersey's though, and I bought some Christmas presents(3 Grimm's + Orakpo) -- and one of the Grimm's is for myself as well. Hopefully these hardnosed players will provide some good karma for our year. We sure need it. Only way we win games this year is to junkyard dogs.

Alvin Walton 09-24-2010 07:18 AM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;723955]Ade Jimoh or Ethan Albright[/quote]

You are evil.

Hail to the Redskins 09-24-2010 07:53 AM

For me...

I'm thinking:

65 - Butz
87 - Downtown Charlie Brown

or one no one has said...

#24 - Kelvin Bryant ... I always loved that guys some reason...

But... you also could go with Babe Laufenberg (he was on the Skins in '83, then '85, then '87 and never played a snap in reg. season... lol), Cary Conklin, Stan Humphries, Jeff Rutledge, Trent Green, John Friez, or Tony Banks! lol

Or even better yet... saved the best for last...

anyone remember the name Ed Rubbert, Anthony Allen, or Lionel Vital? They only went 3-0 for us as a QB, WR & RB in '87 with one of those wins against a Cowboy team that had Randy White, Tony Dorsett, and Ed "Too Tall" Jones during the strike!

Rubbert - 110 passer rating, 4 TDs in 3 games
Vital - 346 yds rushing in 3 games, 2 TDs

...not sure what #s they wore...

#87 Anthony Allen (I remember his #) is my personal choice of those... does anyone remember that he still holds a record for catching 8 balls for 255 yards (!) and 3 TDs in that first replacement game vs the Cardinals?? I'll never forget those replacement games.... BTW that movie "Replacements" with Keanu Reeves is based on the '87 Redskins ... just more FYI for ya... lol

munny 09-24-2010 09:52 AM

I ended up going with two -- Russ Grimm and Pat Fischer. I am sure nobody else is wearing a pat Fischer.

Thanks for the help guys.

Leader In Sports 09-24-2010 11:28 AM

[quote=munny;738142]I ended up going with two -- Russ Grimm and Pat Fischer. I am sure nobody else is wearing a pat Fischer.

Thanks for the help guys.[/quote]
Hate to tell you, but Pat Fischer is one of my best selling jerseys.

munny 09-24-2010 11:43 AM

Really? Wow. I have never seen one. Doesn't bother me because I like to see the guy get the respect he so richly earned, but I am quite surprised.

Leader In Sports 09-24-2010 12:35 PM

[quote=munny;738198]Really? Wow. I have never seen one. Doesn't bother me because I like to see the guy get the respect he so richly earned, but I am quite surprised.[/quote]
I actually carry 2 styles and am going to do a third with him in November. The other 2 styles are featured in my 2011 calendar. Pat is the only jersey that is in the calendar twice as a Redskin.

horse 09-24-2010 11:01 PM

Chip Lomiller

skins89moss 09-25-2010 12:20 AM

How about 43 Larry Brown 51 Monte Coleman 58 Wilber Marshall 40 Alvin Walton