Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins vs. Jets Preseason game 3 - Gameday Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=38131)

SOUL-SKINS 08-27-2010 11:46 AM

Redskins vs. Jets Preseason game 3 - Gameday Thread

Alright, here is our biggest dress rehersal of the preseason. Little pissed about Mcnabb not playing but as many of you stated it will be good to see what Rex can do in case of another Mcnabb injury.

PS.
Anyone going to the game?
I'll be there to represent at the 50 behind the Skins bench.
HTTR!

Hog1 08-27-2010 11:51 AM

Re: Redskins vs. Jets Preseason game 3 - Gameday Thread

[quote=SOUL-SKINS;724559]Alright, here is our biggest dress rehersal of the preseason.[B] Little pissed about Mcnabb not playing[/B] but as many of you stated it will be good to see what Rex can do in case of another Mcnabb injury.

PS.
HTTR![/quote]
Word.....seriously could use the playing time in game situations before the season starts.

KLHJ2 08-27-2010 11:52 AM

Nah, I gave away the rest of my preseason games. Will be there week 1 though.

TheMalcolmConnection 08-27-2010 12:00 PM

Taking the afternoon off to go home, grill and booze.

KLHJ2 08-27-2010 12:02 PM

I will be off at 2 but i gave up boozing. I'm on a diet. Have a couple for me TMC.

jdlea 08-27-2010 12:02 PM

[quote=SOUL-SKINS;724559]Alright, here is our biggest dress rehersal of the preseason. [B]Little pissed about Mcnabb not playing[/B] but as many of you stated it will be good to see what Rex can do in case of another Mcnabb injury.

PS.
HTTR![/quote]

I think it's wise for him to sit out, they said he probably wouldn't even play if it were a regular season game, so no need to push it for preseason.

The only thing that irritates me is that if Rex plays well against anyone tonight (they could 2nd or 3rd teamers) there will be former Colt Brennan fans clamoring for Rex to start.

Also: "Like a sprained ankle, boy, I ain't nothin to play with" -Drake...for some reason, that was first thing I thought when I read the bolded portion of your post...lol

12thMan 08-27-2010 12:04 PM

what time is the game? 7?

aceinthehouse 08-27-2010 12:05 PM

IF this team is as good as [B]I BELIEVE[/B] they are...Rex will score on the Jets Defense at least twice. At least take the field down for 2 scores...TD and FG minimum before he comes out.

This is also assuming our O-line gives him protection as well.

Just PROMISE me..when he does...No "LETS Start REX" posts...

When you see this tonight..it will not be because of REX or because he knows the offense better than Mcnabb. It will be because we are better talently with aggressive QB's than with the [B]3 and out lets play not to lose and let the Defense win strategy[/B]...ok? (like we've seen forever)

You will know what I mean,when Rex moves the ball down the field,affectively against this jets team.

So you heard it here 1st...Rex will lead the team on 2 scoring drives...AT LEAST!

Lets kick butt!
HTTR!!

MTK 08-27-2010 12:11 PM

I think people know what we have in Rex. Even if he blows the doors off the place I doubt many are going to be clamoring for him to start. Of course there will always be a moron or two out there, but generally speaking I don't think anyone wants to see Rex starting.

KLHJ2 08-27-2010 12:18 PM

I bet that someone has a Rex Grossman screen name by nights end.

CRedskinsRule 08-27-2010 12:18 PM

Ace I love your optimism, but I would be shocked to see that type of scoring tonight.

1) NYJ do have aggresive and strong D

2) We are still testing our RB corp, I don't know how much CP - who is clearly the best of the bunch - will even play.

3) With Rex we are not going to be going wild with our offensive scheme. Sure we will take some shots, and make some plays, but NYJ are going to be treating this far more serious (in a bad sense) then we are.

4) it's preseason against an over aggressive D, my main concern, and hopefully the team's is getting out without any season damaging injuries.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-27-2010 12:20 PM

[quote=12thMan;724569]what time is the game? 7?[/quote]

Yep 7 P.M.

For all of those out of towners like myself, the game will be reaired at 2 P.M. on Saturday on the NFL Network.

Set those DVRs folks.

saden1 08-27-2010 12:23 PM

Message for Grossman: "DON'T SCREW UP!"

aceinthehouse 08-27-2010 12:25 PM

Yea,lets stay healthy and everything is cool with me...

I also have it for recording tomorrow on my DVR on NFL network.
Does anyone have any links to watch the streams on the game?
I know there's a thread on Extremeskins for it,but I would prefer to talk to you guys...lol
(I'll find one regardless)

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-27-2010 12:25 PM

#1 on things to watch for when I get to see the live game action. Is Willie Parker going to play his way on to the team tonight.

#2 How aggressive will Haslett be with the 2nd year pro in Sanchez at QB for the Jets. He seems to have struggled this preseason.

#3 Playing against the best Oline in football, will we be able to slow down the Jets Running Game.

This is another great test for the team on defense and offense.

aceinthehouse 08-27-2010 12:30 PM

link won't work..nm

over the mountain 08-27-2010 12:32 PM

im hoping willie parker has a good showing. i think if he can show his speed and quickness, he adds a different element to our runningback corps.

go skins

GMScud 08-27-2010 01:02 PM

[quote=aceinthehouse;724570]IF this team is as good as [B]I BELIEVE[/B] they are...Rex will score on the Jets Defense at least twice. At least take the field down for 2 scores...TD and FG minimum before he comes out.

This is also assuming our O-line gives him protection as well.

Just PROMISE me..when he does...No "LETS Start REX" posts...

When you see this tonight..it will not be because of REX or because he knows the offense better than Mcnabb. It will be because we are better talently with aggressive QB's than with the [B]3 and out lets play not to lose and let the Defense win strategy[/B]...ok? (like we've seen forever)

You will know what I mean,when Rex moves the ball down the field,affectively against this jets team.

So you heard it here 1st...Rex will lead the team on 2 scoring drives...AT LEAST!

Lets kick butt!
HTTR!![/quote]

Ahh the blind homers. As for you signature, if "you know a good football team when you see it," what makes this team capable of winning 10 more games than last year? LOL. Come on.

I personally expect a slow, stinker of a game. Rex will have no Mike Sellers blocking for him, and Willie Parker is known for being a lousy pass blocker. Personally I don't care about Grossman's numbers in this game, I'll be happy if he gets out alive. That's Jets D is something special.

As for our defense, well the Jets are 31st in ypg during the first few preseason games, so I'd like to see us confuse turnover machine Sanchize and play well.

I'll be happy if our offense moves it, but I doubt it happens. My number one goal: an injury free night. September 12th looms large.

scowan 08-27-2010 01:17 PM

This game scares me as far a preseason goes because I fear injuries on offensive. (none pleeeease to the O Line) The Jets have a great D and they haven't really shown much during the preseason to justify all of this Super Bowl or Bust stuff going on with them. I bet they are thinking, no McNabb, no Sellers, Willie Parker???? pin back the ears and let it all hang out. That scares me. Maybe we will come out just as aggresive, but somehow I just don't think we will. I definitely don't see the skins puttin gup 59 like the Packers did last night!!!! Wow, against a Super Bowl team?

Monkeydad 08-27-2010 01:27 PM

I pissed myself off.

I put on a dark green polo short this morning without thinking.

CrustyRedskin 08-27-2010 01:37 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;724564]Taking the afternoon off to go home, grill and booze.[/quote]

Yeah!!!! you had me from hello.

saden1 08-27-2010 01:53 PM

[quote=Buster;724603]I pissed myself off.

I put on a dark green polo short this morning without thinking.[/quote]

LOL...well, at least you didn't poo yourself off.

GMScud 08-27-2010 01:58 PM

[quote=saden1;724614]LOL...well, at least you didn't poo yourself off.[/quote]

Yeah, it's Friday afternoon for sure. LOL.

CRedskinsRule 08-27-2010 02:16 PM

Good write up on what the 3rd preseason game does and does not mean by Ross Tucker:

[url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/ross_tucker/08/27/week3/index.html]Do Week 3 preseason games matter; Tim Tebow and Broncos; more - Ross Tucker - SI.com[/url]

wilsowilso 08-27-2010 02:41 PM

I'm kind of excited to see where Rex Grossman really is with regards to his command of this offense and I wouldn't be surprised if the first unit looks dangerous against the Jets.

As long as Rex doesn't start off with one of his terrible type reads and do something crazy in the first series we might look better than people are predicting.

It's really all about the oline. The have to play really well tonight or it will be ugly.

MTK 08-27-2010 02:49 PM

Rex the QB vs Rex the coach, wonder if there's ever been such an epic battle of the Rexes before these two.

mredskins 08-27-2010 02:54 PM

unless everything falls through i am not watching it. I rather re-hang the towel rack that fell in my master bath this morning then watch rex with the first team against the best defense.

On side note nothing like getting ready in the morning thinking about the chores you need to knock out over the weekend as you are hanging your towel only to have it crash to the floor, GREAT MY LIST JUST GOT ONE DEEPER.

Beemnseven 08-27-2010 03:18 PM

Knowing how they fared against a tough Ravens D, I don't see how anyone could be optimistic for that same offense to be successful against an equally tough Jets D. And this time it's without McNabb and Sellers.

My biggest concern will be whether the starting O-line can open up some better rushing lanes than they were able to manage last week.

Monkeydad 08-27-2010 04:09 PM

[quote=saden1;724576]Message for Grossman: "DON'T SCREW UP!"[/quote]

Message for saden1: "PRESEASON!"

aceinthehouse 08-27-2010 04:27 PM

I know it's only preseason,but I wouldn't mind a little more blitzing from the D personally...

My god...if showing blitzing uncovers our defensive playbook,than the Ravens are in Deep doo-doo
which may be the case anyways considering we unloaded over 400 yards passing offense.

I don't have anything against the jets personally,but I wouldn't mind an aggressive 3-4 tonight to put Sanchez on his butt and Rex chewing out his team on "Hard Knocks"..lol

Man..I want to see some passion tonight...
man..I'm ready for football to start for real!

firstdown 08-27-2010 04:35 PM

I'm leaving my office right now to head down to Nags Head. I'll get to sit on the back porch with the TV on the game while watching the dolphin play in the surf. If I drink enough beer I might go play in the surf after the game.

saden1 08-27-2010 04:52 PM

[quote=firstdown;724666]I'm leaving my office right now to head down to Nags Head. I'll get to sit on the back porch with the TV on the game while watching the dolphin play in the surf. If I drink enough beer I might go play in the surf after the game.[/quote]

We need pictures!

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-27-2010 05:01 PM

that is awesome first!!

SmootSmack 08-27-2010 05:09 PM

[quote=Beemnseven;724642]Knowing how they fared against a tough Ravens D, I don't see how anyone could be optimistic for that same offense to be successful against an equally tough Jets D. And this time it's without McNabb and Sellers.

My biggest concern will be whether the starting O-line can open up some better rushing lanes than they were able to manage last week.[/quote]

I, for one, am looking forward to seeing us play without Sellers. He's increasingly become a liability on the field

GTripp0012 08-27-2010 06:09 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;724673]I, for one, am looking forward to seeing us play without Sellers. He's increasingly become a liability on the field[/quote]Agreed, though, he still seems to be a beast on special teams.

aceinthehouse 08-27-2010 06:18 PM

Grossman with a 52 yard strike to Wade..TD!!!

J/K

Dirtbag59 08-27-2010 06:25 PM

Where's GiantOne? I thought he was a Jet fan.

CrustyRedskin 08-27-2010 06:25 PM

Go getem tonight boys!!!!!!!! Shove the ball right down their gullett!!!!! But dont get it too close to Rex he'll try to eat it!!

“Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.”

aceinthehouse 08-27-2010 06:29 PM

Just remember guys...

if the jets win,it's because they're SB contenders...

But if we win...then it's just a preseason game and means nothing and the jets heart just wasn't in it tonight...

ESPN reports..lol

JWsleep 08-27-2010 06:43 PM

This is going to be a tough one--we have a tough preseason schedule, aside from the Buffalos.

The Jets are a good team and their coach is one of those over-heated types. He'll probably run a bunch of his "exotic" blitzes, etc. (Maybe a fake punt as well???)

Whatever. Play hard. Look like a pro team. And blitz right back at them. But my guess is it'll be kinda ugly either way.

It's preseason and we're transitioning to a new D and O. And Rex Grossman is our starting QB. My main goal is to not break anything if mistakes occur. And no injuries!