Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   John Harbaugh says Ravens ran over the Redskins (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=38135)

ethat001 08-28-2010 08:05 AM

John Harbaugh says Ravens ran over the Redskins

[quote]
John Harbaugh throws a few stones at the Jets, Redskins

Posted by Mike Florio on August 26, 2010 2:52 PM ET
When a team has a bull's-eye on its back, whether earned (like the Saints) or self-attached (like the Jets), their opponents bring the very best they have, every week.

For example, Ravens coach John Harbaugh recently spoke to fans at a "Countdown to Kickoff Barbecue," and he talked about the team's upcoming games including, most importantly, Week 1.

Harbaugh also threw a minor dig at the team located the closest, geographically, to the Ravens. [B][U]Regarding the recent preseason game against the Redskins, Harbaugh said, "We kinda ran over that team, and we're kinda proud of that, that's the way we ought to play."[/U][/B]

Then, after the crowd cheered a little, Harbaugh said, "Yeah, that's right. That's what it was."

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/26/john-harbaugh-throws-a-few-stones-at-the-jets-redskins/]John Harbaugh throws a few stones at the Jets, Redskins | ProFootballTalk.com[/url]

Video: [url=http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/08/video_harbaugh_fires_up_fans_at_kickoff_barbecue.html]Ravens Insider: Video: Harbaugh fires up fans at kickoff barbecue[/url]
[/quote]

Wow. I actually don't really have anything against the Ravens, but after comments like this, maybe I should..

Not to mention:
1) It was a preaseason game.
2) Flacco threw for 72 yards, McNabb for 200.
3) They scored their only touchdown (with the starters) off a crazy fake punt return. Who fakes punt returns in preseason anyway??
4) Didn't FD drop a sure TD pass in this one?

Anyway, who cares about scores in preseason.. But still a little disrespectful from the coach up north.. I think they even poured gatorade over zorn that day.. Perhaps they consider this more a rivalry than we do?

murphy196 08-28-2010 08:29 AM

Re: John Harbaugh says Ravens ran over the Redskins

They are just jealous that they don't get the publicity that the Skins get. They are like the neglected step child in the relationship. They are a good team, but they don't have the ability to be a championship team. Let them talk shit and when it counts let's see who is left.

NYCskinfan82 08-28-2010 08:40 AM

We were playing vanilla DF & OF, I would've liked for us to have won the game but I have to remember it's preseason.

Beemnseven 08-28-2010 08:45 AM

Look, the Ravens are a really good team, and have been managed much better than the Redskins for a long time. It's only fitting that they are ahead of us right now since it took Dan Snyder ten years to realize incompetent boobs shouldn't be running the show.

And yeah, someone needs to remind Harbaugh that it took a ridiculous preseason fake punt to finally put a TD on the board. Our defense has been giving everybody fits so far.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-28-2010 10:29 AM

I was reading the stats on the gamecast on NFL.com last night, and I guess a couple of skins fans talked a little smack during the game. There were so many poeple on the board thier ripping our fans for talking a little shit about a preseason game. Oh it's just preseason why are you talking smack was the response?

Now last week when I could not watch the game I followed the Redskins Ravens game on gamecast at the same site.

Of course the Ravens fans all had something to say about the Skins and how we sucked blah blah blah.. no one from any other teams defended US that night. Just joined in the fray.

So in conclusion, I would have to say that John Harbough is a moron and did not get the memo that this game did not count and was a preseason game. John how do you know what the Redskins coaches were trying to accomplish that night? AND BTW The next time that this team plays you all in a real game is at FedEX Field in the coming years, then we can make comments about who owns the beltway.

AND We as Redskins fans and as a Team are one of the more hated franchises in the league. Man I cannot wait till my sig finally comes to pass again.

TheMalcolmConnection 08-28-2010 10:35 AM

Nothing's more entertaining than some tool beating his chest over preseason. Bravo Harbaugh, bravo.

Should he and his team have reason to be excited? Sure. But statements like that just show what a d-bag you are.

Not only that, the Ravens and Jets are going to have similar years. Neither Flacco nor Sanchez are franchise QBs and they're going to have to live and die by the run.

skinsfaninok 08-28-2010 10:54 AM

Who cares? Baltimore needs to worry about that old ass defense and boring offense they play. People who think they are a SB team are nuts. Cincy is better than them and I'm not so sure pitts isn't either. Flacco is JC with a better OLine, stares down his WRs and is shaky is the short yard passing game. Boldin is decent but Lets see what he does without Fitz. 9-7 team IMO

Lotus 08-28-2010 11:03 AM

He's just trying to pump up his team and they don't face us again this year, so we are a "safe" example for him to use. Kind of sad but no biggie.

Hog1 08-28-2010 11:26 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection;724975]Nothing's more entertaining than some tool beating his chest over preseason. Bravo Harbaugh, bravo.

Should he and his team have reason to be excited? Sure. But statements like that just show what a d-bag you are.

Not only that, the Ravens and Jets are going to have similar years. [B]Neither Flacco nor Sanchez are franchise QBs and they're going to have to live and die by the run.[/[/B]QUOTE]
NOT an enticing prospect as long as Brady, Brees, and Manning still breath.....
I refuse to believe that without the "Francise" QB among other things, any team has a better than avg chance of going all the way. We will see a SB in 2010 devoid of the birds and jets

skinsnut 08-28-2010 12:28 PM

Say what you want...but he is right....and he's making it known to Dallas and everyone else...the Skins are struggling against the run.
That is my greatest concern right now for the regular season

MTK 08-28-2010 01:38 PM

Harbaugh is just pumping up his team, who cares.

BaltimoreSkins 08-28-2010 01:59 PM

[quote=murphy196;724954]T[B]hey are just jealous that they don't get the publicity that the Skins get[/B]. They are like the neglected step child in the relationship. They are a good team, but they don't have the ability to be a championship team. Let them talk shit and when it counts let's see who is left.[/quote]

Take a look at the Ravens preview on this weeks TMQ. Interesting comparison between Haynesworth and Suggs

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/100824_tuesday_morning_quarterback&sportCat=nfl]Tuesday Morning Quarterback begins his annual NFL preview by breaking down the AFC - ESPN[/url]

NYCskinfan82 08-28-2010 02:45 PM

Any secondary cuts we make they will grab we are deep.

GusFrerotte 08-28-2010 02:50 PM

Flacco and Sanchez thus far are not QB,s just game managers. Jets won't even win their division, and might even go as low as 3rd if Miami imporves a lot.

MTK 08-28-2010 03:14 PM

Flacco is a bit more than a game manager at this point, and he's way ahead of Sanchez in terms of their development.

tootergray34 08-28-2010 03:17 PM

yeah flacco is better than sanchez by a mile! I have no faith in sanchez after watching him this pre-season. but, I'd take mcnabb over all of them in a cocaine heartbeat.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-28-2010 03:33 PM

lol... yeah me to.

Monkeydad 08-30-2010 11:06 AM

[quote=NYCskinfan82;724955]We were playing vanilla DF & OF, I would've liked for us to have won the game but I have to remember it's preseason.[/quote]

Vanilla Outfield?

irish 08-30-2010 11:52 AM

[quote=murphy196;724954]They are just jealous that they don't get the publicity that the Skins get. They are like the neglected step child in the relationship. They are a good team, but they don't have the ability to be a championship team. Let them talk shit and when it counts let's see who is left.[/quote]

I think its hard to not make Balt one of the favorites to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

Chico23231 08-30-2010 12:24 PM

[quote=ethat001;724953]Wow. I actually don't really have anything against the Ravens, but after comments like this, maybe I should..

Not to mention:
1) It was a preaseason game.
2) Flacco threw for 72 yards, McNabb for 200.
3) They scored their only touchdown (with the starters) off a crazy fake punt return. Who fakes punt returns in preseason anyway??
4) Didn't FD drop a sure TD pass in this one?

Anyway, who cares about scores in preseason.. But still a little disrespectful from the coach up north.. I think they even poured gatorade over zorn that day.. Perhaps they consider this more a rivalry than we do?[/quote]

A flat out pussy fake punts in the preseason, thats the only they could move the ball against us.

SmootSmack 08-30-2010 12:25 PM

[quote=irish;725545]I think its hard to not make Balt one of the favorites to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.[/quote]

A couple of weeks ago I might have thought the same thing...but Reed and Gaither possibly out for the opener (if not more), Foxworth done for the year, Stallworth gone for the first half of the year...and they just cut Doug Dutch!!! Super Bowl? Nevermore, my friend, nevermore

MTK 08-30-2010 12:30 PM

B-More definitely has some concerns in their secondary.

ArtMonkDrillz 08-30-2010 12:32 PM

[quote=Chico23231;725553]A flat out pussy fake punts in the preseason, thats the only they could move the ball against us.[/quote]Seriously, all that really did was 1) cost us our starting FS for a few weeks and 2) show us that Blades really needs to work on his tackling. Blades seemed to read the fake just fine but he didn't wrap up and the guy was able to make a big gain. If HB hadn't botched the tackle it would have been a 5 yard loss and Moore would be okay.

irish 08-30-2010 01:02 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;725554]A couple of weeks ago I might have thought the same thing...but Reed and Gaither possibly out for the opener (if not more), Foxworth done for the year, Stallworth gone for the first half of the year...and they just cut Doug Dutch!!! Super Bowl? Nevermore, my friend, nevermore[/quote]

Time will tell but my bet is that Zorn gets a ring with Balt before Shanny gets one with the Skins.

ethat001 08-30-2010 09:32 PM

[quote=irish;725562]Time will tell but my bet is that Zorn gets a ring with Balt before Shanny gets one with the Skins.[/quote]

Hello? Which message board are you on?? That's a bet for sure. For nothing but pride. Can't believe you're betting against us on our own board.

tootergray34 08-30-2010 09:34 PM

[quote=irish;725562]Time will tell but my bet is that Zorn gets a ring with Balt before Shanny gets one with the Skins.[/quote]

I think you need to remove that riggins jersey on your profile...comments like that don't deserve to don the 44.

ps.

enjoy that old as **** defense too.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-30-2010 09:51 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;725554]A couple of weeks ago I might have thought the same thing...but Reed and Gaither possibly out for the opener (if not more), Foxworth done for the year, Stallworth gone for the first half of the year...and they just cut Doug Dutch!!! Super Bowl? Nevermore, my friend, nevermore[/quote]

I hate to say it, but I think it will be more of the same from the AFC, The Pats or The Colts.

The Ravens do not have the complete team that others think.

SmootSmack 08-30-2010 09:53 PM

[quote=artmonkforhallofamein07;725818]I hate to say it, but I think it will be more of the same from the AFC, The Pats or The Colts.

The Ravens do not have the complete team that others think.[/quote]

Can't say I'm not sick of them but the Pats have really impressed me. Right now I've got them and Green Bay in the SB

InsaneBoost 08-30-2010 09:53 PM

Again, trying to spark things up like this is a rivalry LOL. Their fans are stupid and now their players are.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-30-2010 09:54 PM

Really, I do not see that happening. They cannot get through the AFC playoffs.

Either we both don't win one or we do before them.

Not being a homer just realistic. They do not have the team this year, and are going to need to focus on that older defense next year.

Hog1 08-30-2010 10:34 PM

Take it easy boys.
Irish is the WP's.............Naysayer? I am confident he views himself as a realist in a world of homers(and sometimes I would agree), but his posts definately can at times.....be a bummer.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-30-2010 11:46 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;725819]Can't say I'm not sick of them but the Pats have really impressed me. Right now I've got them and Green Bay in the SB[/quote]

You are not sick of the PAts Smoot??

Tom Brady and Belichek completely and utterrly get under my skin. Yes I am a Patriots hater. :)

I can hold grudges, still hold that from the 52 to whatever smashing of us back in 07.

BUT as a football fan and taking emotions out of the decision I can see as of right now and barring major injuries from the Pats (which with thier roster getting older and more injury prone could be next to impossible), are my early favorite to represent the AFC in the SB.

As far as the NFC the front runners for me are the Saints and the Packers, but as of now I see the Packers edging out the Saints. I think the Saints may suffer from a SB hangover and the Packers are a hungry young football team.

Most likely though with the Pats will not be able to sustain an entire season healthy, I see the colts repeating as AFC Champions, but once again falling short of the SB again.

Early prediction: Packers Superbowl Champions.

*** THIS IS ALL BARRING INJURIES :benched:***

InsaneBoost 08-31-2010 01:05 AM

52-7, Chris Cooley with our only touchdown. God did Belichek look sick to his stomach when we scored.

GhettoDogAllStars 08-31-2010 01:48 AM

Hahaha, it sounds like you're arguing that we should have kept Zorn.

You might be right about the rings, but only because we're so far behind them due to years of mismanagement.

tryfuhl 08-31-2010 02:32 AM

if his O comes from the preseason he has a reason to be worried

irish 08-31-2010 07:13 AM

[quote=GhettoDogAllStars;725854]Hahaha, it sounds like you're arguing that we should have kept Zorn.

You might be right about the rings, but only because we're so far behind them due to years of mismanagement.[/quote]

Absolutely not. The Skins have made a huge upgrade at coach and they are better organized and better schemed for games. Without a doubt they will be better coached this year than they have been since Marty.

I see Balt as a real contender this year (or next) while like you say, the Skins arent a contender this year (maybe in 3 yrs or so) because they are still behind from a decade of mismanagement.