Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   V. Jackson "Prepared to Sit out season" (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=38155)

Mechanix544 08-29-2010 12:56 PM

V. Jackson "Prepared to Sit out season"

[url=http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a0fc4f/article/disgruntled-chargers-wr-jackson-prepared-to-sit-out-season?module=HP_headlines]NFL.com news: Disgruntled Chargers WR Jackson prepared to sit out season[/url]

Does this make it more likely we can wrangle him away from the Chargers?

Does he look or sound like a character risk?

Does he look like he can step right in, and play at a high level as a #1 WR without camp, preseason, practicing, gelling with the first team, qb, etc....?

What is the maximum in players/draft picks that should be given up for this WR?

Just some questions I thought were relevant, especially if we are looking into this guy.

12thMan 08-29-2010 12:59 PM

Re: V. Jackson "Prepared to Sit out season"

No way.

GMScud 08-29-2010 01:28 PM

I thought we had kind of beaten this topic to death. ([url]http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/37184-report-redskins-are-pursuing-vincent-jackson.html[/url])

I'm through with trading draft picks. No more "we're a player away" type moves. Because we are a far, far cry from a player away.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-29-2010 01:32 PM

Hell yeah bring his ass in here.. I would give up next years first and second to get this guy here NOW!!

Then sign him to a 5 yr 60 mil deal to keep him happy and drunk for years to come.

Championship!!

Mechanix544 08-29-2010 01:35 PM

Ya, it was just a nice interview that I saw on NFLN last night. Seems like this guy is serious about producing, and he even guaranteed no off the field shit. I think some peoples idea of the way this guy functions off the gridiron is a little off due to some stupid mistakes he has learned from.

I hope we get him, and DT along with 2nd and 4th would be a good price, if only the chargers would go for it.

GMScud 08-29-2010 01:39 PM

[quote=artmonkforhallofamein07;725228]Hell yeah bring his ass in here.. I would give up next years first and second to get this guy here NOW!!

Then sign him to a 5 yr 60 mil deal to keep him happy and drunk for years to come.

Championship!![/quote]

Fail. Giving up a 1st and a 2nd for him would not be wise at all. Just more of the same shit Vinny and Co used to pull.

Oh, but wait, this is different right? Yeah, didn't we optimistically say that right after every piss poor move Cerrato made? Build through the draft. I repeat, build through the draft.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-29-2010 01:41 PM

lol.... didnt get the sarcasm there Scud....;)

I have talked about it at length in the VJ thread, basically concluding that he is not worth the price tag it would take to sign him and the price of the trade to get him in a Redskins Uni.

GMScud 08-29-2010 01:42 PM

[quote=artmonkforhallofamein07;725236]lol.... didnt get the sarcasm there Scud....;)

I have talked about it at length in the VJ thread, basically concluding that he is not worth the price tag it would take to sign him and the price of the trade to get him in a Redskins Uni.[/quote]

Oh, sorry. Nevermind my post ripping your suggestion. lol.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-29-2010 01:45 PM

As far as the Skins adding more players I would watch the waiver wire in the coming 2 cut days, if BA and MS see a player that they think has potential I doubt they would hesitate to sign him.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-29-2010 01:46 PM

Should have let it go on longer to see how many people my post would have fired up!!

GMScud 08-29-2010 01:49 PM

[quote=artmonkforhallofamein07;725240]As far as the Skins adding more players I would watch the waiver wire in the coming 2 cut days, if BA and MS see a player that they think has potential I doubt they would hesitate to sign him.[/quote]

Yeah for sure. That's how it goes right about now. Guys are going to start getting cut/picked up left and right over the next two weeks.

GTripp0012 08-29-2010 01:50 PM

I'm honestly okay with loading up for a one year run with players on expiring contracts (McNabb, Jamaal Brown, Jackson), and then letting all these players walk after the lockout gets settled, replacing them with younger players.

Course, you can't give up the draft picks that will be used to acquire said players in these trades. But with players on small tender offers, a trade wouldn't have to give up very much. Jackson is suspended for the first three weeks of a season where his contract expires at the end of the year. That's not worth a first or second round pick, even considering the player.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-29-2010 01:59 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;725246]I'm honestly okay with loading up for a one year run with players on expiring contracts (McNabb, Jamaal Brown, Jackson), and then letting all these players walk after the lockout gets settled, replacing them with younger players.

Course, you can't give up the draft picks that will be used to acquire said players in these trades. But with players on small tender offers, a trade wouldn't have to give up very much. [B]Jackson is suspended for the first three weeks of a season where his contract expires at the end of the year. That's not worth a first or second round pick, even considering the player[/B].[/quote]

I have said this many times, with his past the asking price it to high as far as draft picks are concerned.

NYCskinfan82 08-29-2010 02:05 PM

Que Dream Sequence -- Moss, VJ, Bryant, DT, Armstrong, Austin & Banks I would still like Kelly but we can't have two injured guys in this dream sequence.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-29-2010 02:11 PM

^^^LMAO!!! yes to many injuries for a dream!