Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Warpath Victory challenge game!! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=38435)

aceinthehouse 09-11-2010 09:14 AM

The Warpath Victory challenge game!!

(Just copy & paste what each weeks teams I have below and then create your own scores) [B] (DO NOT EDIT YOUR POST PREDICTIONS ONCE COMPLETE)[/B]

Since I missed the Thursday game between Minny and the Saints,EVERYONE playing gets the points total for that game. (which is [B]23 pt's and everyone has UNlocked Saints and Vikings in their Personal grab bag for the playoffs when they come...(I'll explain in a bit) [/B]

[B]Here's how it works[/B]? It's simple!
Just predict the scores for each game!

Scoring? There are 2 ways for you to score!
#1)If you get the score of the game correct no matter if you are correct on the winner and loser,you get the total amount of points of the game scored added to your user name.(everyone playing this game currently gets 23 pt's from Thursday's game as a starter kit.) This is to be kept as your total till the end of the season and for your Playoff Seedings. (Everyone also has the Vikings and Saints UNlocked for their 2 grab bag playoff teams.

#2)Each time you get the score right [B]AND[/B] the teams correct of the winner and loser,you unlock those 2 teams for your Grab Bag Playoff teams.

[B]I will keep track of who is playing and keep track of their scores and teams unlocked in this titled thread below![/B]

[B]So how does it work[/B]? It's simple...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just like the NFL,there are 6 teams in each conference that makes the Playoffs. The higher the points you have totaled over the course of the season(by predicting the correct scores) ,the better chances of you making the playoffs.

The more teams you UNlock in getting the right scores and teams winners & losers,the more teams you will have to choose from in your grab bag.

For Example...If I win the game in my scoring total with like 210 pt's will say...but get Zero teams correct on the winner and Loser end...Then I have the 1st pick in who my Playoff teams will be,but only get to choose from the teams I've UNlocked....(Which would be the Saints or Vikings since those 2 are freebies by default)

If the Saints and Vikings are [B]NOT[/B] in the Playoffs,then I'm eliminated and it goes to the next highest Pt's scored user and his/her choosing their Playoff team.

In a different scenario....?
Lets say I have my 210 pt's as the highest point tally and the Vikings are the 6th seed Wildcard team,then that's who I get...My only option!

If both are in the playoffs,I would get to choose who I wanted between the 2 teams...Leaving the other team,to the user behind me in Pt's total.

[B]Object?[/B]
---------------------------------------------
You want to get as many scores correct as possible,no matter if you get the correct winner or loser of those games. Cause the person with the most points gets to choose his Playoff Team.

[B]HOWEVER[/B]...The more teams you unlock,the better your chances of not being eliminated from the playoffs,since you would have a bunch of choices. [B]You can only choose your Playoff team,if you UNlocked them!![/B]

Just because you have a bunch of Points compared to everyone else,does not mean you can't be eliminated from the playoffs. [B](You have to have an UNlocked team available to make the Playoffs)[/B]

So keep that in mind,when your not very high on the points list!
If your not high on the Point tally list,but UNlocked a bunch of teams...you have a good chance of making the playoffs...Although it will be like your drafting last because of where you sit in PT's totaled. (when picking your Playoff team)

[B]Playoffs[/B]
----------------------------
Whoever your playoff team is and where they are seeded is the team you are riding on,all the way to the Superbowl.

The winner is whoever goes the furthest in the Playoffs.
Simple!:food-smil

[B]Thursday
MIN 9 @ NO 14 (Every has these two) [/B]

[B](COPY AND PASTE THIS & PREDICT YOUR SCORES!!!)[/B]
[B]Sun, Sep 12[/B]
DEN @ JAC
OAK @ TEN
DET @ CHI
CIN @ NE
CLE @ TB
ATL @ PIT
MIA @ BUF
CAR @ NYG
IND @ HOU
GB @ PHI
ARI @ STL
SF @ SEA
DAL @ WAS

[B]Mon, Sep 13 [/B]
BAL @ NYJ
SD @ KC
[B]
Participants (Everyone has the Vikings and Saints UNlocked and at least 23 Pt's[/B]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[B]aceinthehouse[/B]=23 Pt's (Vikings,Saints)

aceinthehouse 09-11-2010 09:18 AM

Re: The Warpath Victory challenge game!!

[B]Sun, Sep 12[/B]
DEN 27 @ JAC 14
OAK 13 @ TEN 21
DET 20 @ CHI 23
CIN 17 @ NE 33
CLE 14 @ TB 23
ATL 17 @ PIT 20
MIA 28 @ BUF 16
CAR 14 @ NYG 30
IND 24 @ HOU 26
GB 39 @ PHI 17
ARI 24 @ STL 3
SF 27 @ SEA 7
DAL 10 @ WAS 41

[B]Mon, Sep 13 [/B]
BAL 13 @ NYJ 21
SD 20 @ KC 27
[B]

aceinthehouse 09-11-2010 09:21 AM

BTW...I'll edit each week from the Main thread for copy and paste and easy play!
(again..don't edit your post prediction,so we don't have any problems)

If you edit your post predictions post,you will not unlock teams or score from that current week of games played.

Thank you and lets have some fun guys!
Good Luck!
ace

aceinthehouse 09-11-2010 11:13 AM

Feel free to discuss anything in this thread as well...

And just in case you are a little confused? Don't be..It's simple and I'll give you and example of how your predicitions are tallied and such.

[B]You see I have the skins beating dallas 41-10 above in my prediction post right?

This is how the scoring is done for each game each week....

Dallas 41 Redskins 10 (I get the points totaled for that game added to my already 23 pt's(Vikings/Saints)...(would be 51 + 23= 74 pt's) I did not unlock the 2 teams...

Redskins 41 Dallas 10 (I get the points like above..74 pt's...PLUS I unlocked the Redskins and Cowboys for my Playoff Grab bag along with my Saints and Vikings that we all have.)

Redskins 27 Dallas 14 or any other score (Nothing...No points and did NOT unlock them) [/B]

I get nothing in points or unlocking by just picking the right teams in who wins and loses...
Must get the score of game correct...then we go to who you picked to win for unlocking teams.

Does this help any...?Very simple!
Just pick the scores of the games...that's all you have to do!

I will do the rest in keeping track of everything! (and again,we all have 23 pt's to start and the Vikings and Saints Unlocked)

saden1 09-11-2010 03:14 PM

This thread needs diversity in posters. If there ain't no money in it what's the point?

johno 09-11-2010 03:54 PM

i appreciate the effort ace, but i dont think you are going to get too many takers. most people are already keeping track of too many other fantasy leagues, pickem leagues etc.

CRedskinsRule 09-11-2010 05:14 PM

So I am just curious do you have this going on anywhere else. I doubt I would do it, because as Johno said, I am doing the Warpath Pick'em and fantasy which is enough for me. Not a big fan of picking all the games scores, as that can just get to random, but I wonder how successful you have been with this game before?

davy 09-11-2010 05:26 PM

Fred picks - Dallas 41 Redskins 10
Chris picks - Redskins 41 Dallas 10

Result = Redskins 41 Dallas 10

Both get the same points?

Madness!

johno 09-11-2010 05:37 PM

[quote=davy;730959]Fred picks - Dallas 41 Redskins 10

Madness![/quote]

davy makes a good point, this game isnt picking football games as much as football scores. its not really a skill more just blind luck.

aceinthehouse 09-11-2010 05:58 PM

[quote=davy;730959]Fred picks - Dallas 41 Redskins 10

Madness![/quote]

If Chris and Fred made those predictions you have above

Fred get 51 pt's for his user name
Chris gets 51 pt's for his user name [B]and[/B] UNlocks Dallas and Redskins for Playoff grab bag.

aceinthehouse 09-11-2010 06:20 PM

Want to know why unlocking teams is HUGE?
Let me give you an example...

Hopefully we can get more than the 5 guys I have here listed,but this is just who has replied to this thread as an example...

Lets say this is the order of points tallied and teams unlocked for the whole 17 week schedule) OK?

Johno=287 pts (Minny,Saints,Bears,packers,Colts,Texans
davy=279 pt's (Minny,Saints,Lions,Packers)
aceinthehouse=267 pt's(Minny, Saints,Redskins,Cowboys)
credskinsrule=233 pt's(Minny,Saints,patriots,Jets,Bengals Steelers)
saden=226 pt's(Minny,Saints,Broncos,Chiefs,Raiders)

actual Playoff teams for 2010 are
AFC
-----------------------
Patriots (1st seed)
Ravens(2nd seed)
Colts(3rd seed)
Texans(5th seed)
Chiefs(4th seed)
Chargers(6th seed)
NFC
-------------------
Redskins(1st seed)
Giants(5th seed)
packers(2nd seed)
Saints(3rd seed)
falcons(6th seed)
Niners(4th seed)

Johnno would pick 1st because he has the most pt's...
He can choose between the Colts,Saints,packers and Texans...

Lets say he picks the Saints...He would be the Saints and the 3rd seed through the playoffs...

This leaves davy with only the packers in his grab bag for the Playoffs that he can be...So he's green bay and the #2 seed.

That leaves me (aceinthehouse) with only the Redskins to use...so I take them...and the #1 seed

credskinsrule only has the patriots that he can use for the Playoffs here,so he them and the #1 seed

And Saden would only have the chiefs available and the #4 seed....

Now all were lucky to have a playoff team and not be eliminated,but had any of them not had a team unlocked in the actual playoff picture,they would be eliminated from the game. (no matter what their pt's tally was)

But as you see,,,having the most pt's lets you pick 1st...

Mechanix544 09-11-2010 06:43 PM

sounds simply amazing. I myself, unfortunately, have other fish to fry.

sportscurmudgeon 09-11-2010 07:43 PM

Far too complicated to deal with...

tryfuhl 09-11-2010 08:05 PM

[quote=johno;730961]davy makes a good point, this game isnt picking football games as much as football scores. its not really a skill more just blind luck.[/quote]

tell that to vegas

GMScud 09-12-2010 02:45 AM

OMFG. Even if there was money involved I'd run away from this...