Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Plenty of blame to go around, time to lay some smack down! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=38662)

MTK 09-20-2010 03:33 PM

Plenty of blame to go around, time to lay some smack down!

I'm kinda getting tired of hearing the Doughty bashing, so let's look at some of the other guys who helped contribute to the 17 point collapse. I think SS is out of town so I'm going to pick up the slack.

Fred Davis - Lazy effort on the blocked FG.

Jammal Brown - Jumped offsides on a 3rd and 1, which ending up leading to the blocked FG. Gotta really wonder what happens if we convert the 1st down there and maybe go in for 6.

Jim Haslett - I understand he wants to be aggressive and while I like that, Schaub was just picking the zones apart. How about mixing things up just a bit and dialing back on the blitzing just a tad?

Larry Johnson - You're not Barry Sanders. When it doubt, give someone the shoulder and go down. You had no business cutting back and trying to pull off a Marcus Allen miracle run.

Stephon Heyer - Thanks for proving again why you're not starting material.

Anyone else deserve to be on the shit list?

Slingin Sammy 33 09-20-2010 03:37 PM

Re: Plenty of blame to go around, time to lay some smack down!

[quote=Mattyk;736684]I'm kinda getting tired of hearing the Doughty bashing, so let's look at some of the other guys who helped contribute to the 17 point collapse. I think SS is out of town so I'm going to pick up the slack.

Jammal Brown - Jumped offsides on a 3rd and 1, which ending up leading to the blocked FG. Gotta really wonder what happens if we convert the 1st down there and maybe go in for 6.

Jim Haslett - I understand he wants to be aggressive and while I like that, Schaub was just picking the zones apart. How about mixing things up just a bit and dialing back on the blitzing just a tad?

Larry Johnson - You're not Barry Sanders. When it doubt, give someone the shoulder and go down. You had no business cutting back and trying to pull off a Marcus Allen miracle run.

Anyone else deserve to be on the shit list?[/quote]Kyle Shanahan.

Ruhskins 09-20-2010 03:38 PM

Phillip Buchanon, good job in leaving the NFL's best receiver on an island against our 2nd string Free Safety. Oh and be sure to thank Doughty for taking all the blame.

Casey Rabach, please tell the coaches that you are not that good anymore so they can replace you. They seem to think you are a great player for some reason.

Jammal Brown (again) WTF were you thinking?!?!

firstdown 09-20-2010 03:57 PM

McNabb for only tossing for 400 and some yards and not 500 like the oter guy. The kicker for getting iced. That's such a gay thing to do.

diehard 09-20-2010 03:59 PM

Haslett. Play to the strength of your personnel and mask their weaknesses. All of the guys in the preceding posts are off the hook if we played more man and cover 3 zone, period.

Lotus 09-20-2010 03:59 PM

Kyle Shanahan - mostly awesome, but the end around was a head-scratcher of a call

Chris Horton - really bad job with jumping offsides

Haslett - on 4th and ten, you make sure that either DHall or Los are at least on the same side of the field as Andre Johnson

every OLB - eventually don't you learn that Schaub might be faking the handoff and bootlegging?

Devin Thomas - why aren't you so good that you force Shanahan to play you more at WR?

Player_HTTR 09-20-2010 04:01 PM

Good job MattyK, I have to agree 110%. I was suprised to see Heyer at LT when TW went down, I thought Brown would go to LT and Heyer play RT.

The O-Line gets a F on Run-Blocking too.

Chico23231 09-20-2010 04:04 PM

1. Gano...come on man, stop biting on them jedi mind tricks
2. Reed...because its fun
3. Joey Galloway...dude right through the hands

diehard 09-20-2010 04:06 PM

[quote=Player_HTTR;736704]Good job MattyK, I have to agree 110%. I was suprised to see Heyer at LT when TW went down, I thought Brown would go to LT and Heyer play RT.

The O-Line gets a F on Run-Blocking too.[/quote]

And that's Heyer's fault?

Player_HTTR 09-20-2010 04:09 PM

[quote=diehard;736709]And that's Heyer's fault?[/quote]

Who said it was?

Alvin Walton 09-20-2010 04:11 PM

The whole running game and those responsible for it.
McNabb and his recievers did plenty.
If we had a running game to go with it we hold on to the ball a lot longer and kick much shorter field goals and our defense gets more rest.

InsaneBoost 09-20-2010 04:17 PM

Someone care to explain why we kept Johnson for again, really would like to know. Can't we cut him and bring Torain up? I forget how the PS works.

Hog1 09-20-2010 04:29 PM

Hmmm........where'e the.....regular smack down guy?

jsarno 09-20-2010 04:32 PM

[quote=Mattyk;736684]I'm kinda getting tired of hearing the Doughty bashing, so let's look at some of the other guys who helped contribute to the 17 point collapse. I think SS is out of town so I'm going to pick up the slack.

Anyone else deserve to be on the shit list?[/quote]

I actually think you summed it up pretty well. Sure there were some other issues like McNabb throwing deep on 3rd down when all we needed was 10 or so a couple times, but I liked the aggressive play calling.
The more I think about Fred Davis, the more pissed I get. At first I was thinking it was poor special teams coaching because Davis was forced to block two people, however, even when that's the case, you ALWAYS put a body on the outside rusher and let the guy to your left get the inside guy.
Really, matty, excellent post.

JoeRedskin 09-20-2010 04:38 PM

It was all Jason Campbell's fault.