Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Broncos WR Kenny McKinley found dead (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=38663)

skinsfan_nn 09-20-2010 09:19 PM

Broncos WR Kenny McKinley found dead

[URL="http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-broncos-mckinley-death-txt,0,3972716.story"]Broncos WR Kenny McKinley found dead; suicide suspected - KDVR[/URL]

DENVER - Denver Broncos wide receiver Kenny McKinley was found dead from an apparent suicide, sources tell FOX31 News.

The body of McKinley, 23, was found in Arapahoe County. No further details were immediately available.

FOX31's Josina Anderson was the first to report the news.

McKinley, a fifth round pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, had struggled to stay healthy during his two years with the Broncos. Limited to kick returns, he was placed on injury reserve with a knee injury in 2009.

He was also placed on injury reserve prior to the start of the 2010 regular season.

McKinley is the third Broncos player to die a sudden death in the past four years. On New Year's Day 2007, cornerback Darrent Williams was killed in a drive-by shooting in downtown Denver. In Feb. 2007, running back Damien Nash, 24, collapsed and died during a charity basketball game.

McKinley, a native of Baker, Louisiana, was a standout player at South Carolina and climbed into the SEC record books with 207 receptions, the third-most in conference history, according to NFL.com. He also became just the 12th player in league history to collect more than 2,700 receiving yards.

artmonkforhallofamein07 09-20-2010 09:29 PM

Re: Broncos WR Kenny McKinley found dead

That is crazy, and such a waste of a life. I do not understand suicide. Never have, and I really think it is the most cowardly thing you could do.

artmonkforhallofamein07 09-20-2010 09:31 PM

Feel for his family though, thoughts and prayers are with them.

He was a good player at South Carolina, I remember he was lights out.

pg86 09-20-2010 09:36 PM

What could poses a man (other than not being able to stay healthy) with an NFL career to kill themselves?

skinsfaninok 09-20-2010 09:47 PM

This guy was my age.. 23 and on a NFL roster with a bright future.. Pretty odd but RIP young man

tootergray34 09-20-2010 09:50 PM

so sad to hear this

SirClintonPortis 09-20-2010 10:01 PM

[quote=pg86;736796]What could poses a man (other than not being able to stay healthy) with an NFL career to kill themselves?[/quote]

Money is just an end to gaining "utility". Sometimes just having a lot of money does not necessarily translate into "utility".

SBXVII 09-20-2010 10:08 PM

[quote=artmonkforhallofamein07;736794]Feel for his family though, thoughts and prayers are with them.

He was a good player at South Carolina, I remember he was[B] lights out[/B].[/quote]

So basically your saying he was dead on?

Jamaican'Skin 09-20-2010 10:09 PM

RIP. Tough on his family, but also on the Bronco's org. Can't imagine what they're going thru

artmonkforhallofamein07 09-20-2010 10:48 PM

[quote=SBXVII;736810]So basically your saying he was dead on?[/quote]

That is just wrong

DynamiteRave 09-20-2010 10:50 PM

[quote=SBXVII;736810]So basically your saying he was dead on?[/quote]

Too soon.:Smoker:

tryfuhl 09-20-2010 11:24 PM

Hell if I didn't care about some of my family there's no telling if I would've thought about it. Troubled minds never get better when they fester alone. I hope it didn't have anything to do with his career, but I also hope that it wasn't relationship related or anything.

sportscurmudgeon 09-21-2010 12:36 AM

Stay classy folks.

How would you all have reacted to these kinds of jokes right after the death of Sean Taylor?

Obviously, he was a troubled soul. May he now rest in peace.

And may his family members find their own peace...

mooby 09-21-2010 12:49 AM

Yeah it's kinda appalling to hear jokes about a guy who took his own life, especially on the day he was found dead. I'd hope we'd have more respect than that around here. What if it was your family member who just committed suicide, and one of us came on here and made a joke about it.

Have some respect for the dead. Hopefully Kenny McKinley is in a better place now. R.I.P.

artmonkforhallofamein07 09-21-2010 01:59 AM

I was not joking. Watching him play for SC was exciting. I just find suicide appaling, is all. I am sure he left family and friends behind that will surely miss him and always wonder what they could have done to help avoid this.

T- I would think that a man his age, with his opportunity, and talent level that this was some kind of personal relationship breakdown. There is a chance of a mental disorder but you would think someone wheather it be a college coach or medical staff or the NFL would have found something to that affect.

I respect the dead and hope for his families sake that they are ok, but I have always had deep issues with suicide.