Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brandon Banks (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=38954)

skinsguy 10-04-2010 11:43 AM

Brandon Banks

OK, so from the little bit we saw of BB yesterday, what is your assessment so far? He very nearly broke that first return, but didn't do much on the other returns. Still, he seemed to make good decisions, but I noticed our special teams' coach didn't stick with Banks in the second half. For the most part (at least so far) I'm happy he's back on the active roster. I do believe he gives us a spark. What are your thoughts?

MTK 10-04-2010 11:48 AM

Re: Brandon Banks

He gave us a much needed spark no doubt. Obviously the coaches don't trust him completely yet (rightfully so) as Buchanon was back in there late in the game when we were backed up.

Monkeydad 10-04-2010 11:50 AM

Yep, welcome to the NFL, little man.

Exciting player if he can hold onto the ball, which is why I'm guessing he didn't handle every return with a couple of nice ones already under his belt. It was a close game and perhaps the coaching staff isn't quite confident in his ability to hold onto the ball. In the preseason, he'd fumble every other return, with the other returns being big gainers. We can't really know how he's progressing in practice. Still, great to see him on the field finally.

12thMan 10-04-2010 11:51 AM

I think it's just a matter of time before he puts one on the ground though. I just don't think they'll have him back there with the game on the line, unless we're behind and we need a quick touch.

redsk1 10-04-2010 11:51 AM

Yea, he did very well. He's a game changing guy. Hopefully for us and not the other team.

skinsguy 10-04-2010 11:55 AM

I think the coaching staff is bringing him along slowly, but he certainly did give us a spark. I would love to see him take one to the house though!

rbanerjee23 10-04-2010 12:00 PM

The eagles punter had an incredible game ... it's tough to return punts when you're sprinting backwards and have no forward momentum when you make the catch.

aceinthehouse 10-04-2010 12:02 PM

Considering we have "very few" speed breakers,home run hitters and game changing weapons...he's [B]MUCH[/B] needed on this team.

If were going to have [B]ANY[/B] chance at making the playoffs or winning [B]HUGE[/B] games,it will be because of players like him or even Armstrong that help us during this stride.

What,you think we beat the Bears in that Playoff game if Mr. Green doesn't takes back that Punt return? No,we do not.

It's plays like that,that divide the good teams from the great teams. Or the good wins over the great wins!

If banks takes back that Punt return for a TD and Armstrong catches that pass and goes for a TD,rather than falling down after the long McNabb pass....we beat the eagles and the game isn't near as close as it was...imo

IMO...he should've been active all season....
maybe he's the difference in the Texans game and we're talking 3-1?
We'll never know...

But I'm glad he's there now and I hope he plays well and gets us some huge returns and even WR plays on the field.

Brandon Banks is quickly becoming my favorite current Skin! (I want to see him more in the WR role as well)
Hmmmm,just like another little guy that wore the #28.

BTW...My sig lives to see another day...:)

Chico23231 10-04-2010 12:06 PM

Continue to bring him along slowly. I liked very much when important, pressure situations came up Buchanon came in. Let the vet do that, but get Banks some experience and ease him into the role. good coaching right there

artmonkforhallofamein07 10-04-2010 12:19 PM

They are treating this kid perfectly in the way they are bringing him along. I like the slow approach.

After yesterdays game there you can't release him again and move him back to the practice squad and honestly feel good about him clearing waivers. Teams look for this type of Xfactor.

I do not give him the ball inside the 20 yet, and I still think the drive that ended with us kicking the fieldgoal in the first half, was KS trying to be cute down at the goaline. Why do we not ground and pound with first and goal at the 3? Giving BB the ball on the screen was not the play there, maybe at the 45 or so, not on the 3.

artmonkforhallofamein07 10-04-2010 12:20 PM

The one thing about that play though is it did show a certain level of confidence in BB to hold onto the ball there. If they were that worried about BB fumbling I do not think they give him the ball inside the 10 yard line.

skinsfan69 10-04-2010 12:22 PM

He had a real nice return there and he was in on a goal line sweep which was a terrible call. But sooner or later he's going to put one on the ground and we'll never hear from him again.

jamf 10-04-2010 01:04 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;743042]He had a real nice return there and he was in on a goal line sweep which was a terrible call. But sooner or later he's going to put one on the ground and we'll never hear from him again.[/quote]

It's funny everyone keeps saying that. I'm not sure why he is more prone to fumbling than let say Mike Sellers who pretty much puts the ball on the ground once a game.

If someone is going to get their helmet on the ball, it's going to be a fumble regardless of who is holding it.

mlmpetert 10-04-2010 01:05 PM

[quote=artmonkforhallofamein07;743041]The one thing about that play though is it did show a certain level of confidence in BB to hold onto the ball there. If they were that worried about BB fumbling I do not think they give him the ball inside the 10 yard line.[/quote]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Even though i agree KS was being a little cute with those 2 plays, im not really upset about it. Obviously it didnt work out and would have been nice if it did, but it shows there is more to our offense. Our running game before today had been bad or unused, and now I feel like teams have to respect our running game but realize we are going to throw it down field, and know that sometimes this little guy that’s real fast is going to come in the game at the most unexpected time. Its not like he went for a fake field goal twice in a row…… It was maybe a not-good decision but I don’t think it was a dumb decision. [/FONT][/COLOR]

mlmpetert 10-04-2010 01:07 PM

Also with this Devin Thomas shopping rumor, how does everyone feel about putting in BB at KR? He would be much less likely to drop/fumble the ball, and i feel like KR are easier to take to the house then PR. However the odds of him getting creamed by some LB or FB would go up too.