Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   School me on Veneers (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=39083)

mredskins 10-09-2010 08:02 PM

School me on Veneers

Anyone have them?

My wife wants them she has porcelain caps now but they are chipping and yellowing, nothing really the average joe on the street would notice and honestly i really only noticed when she smiles and points to where the chipping is occurring. She has a complex about them and would like to get veneers.

They are not cheap!

Anyone got them done and could recommend a place in the DC/ B-more area we be willing to travel if the place is good and better if it was cheap.

Thanks in advance!!!!

firstdown 10-12-2010 09:39 AM

Re: School me on Veneers

Not sure about veneers but some things you don't want to go cheap on and I'd think veneers would be one. I'm not even sure what caps are for or why someone needs them. You could convince her that a boob job would get the same results and you could acheive three thing for the price of one.

MTK 10-12-2010 09:43 AM

[url=http://lmgtfy.com/?q=veneers]Let me google that for you[/url]

mredskins 10-12-2010 09:44 AM

[quote=firstdown;746859]Not sure about veneers but some things you don't want to go cheap on and I'd think veneers would be one. I'm not even sure what caps are for or why someone needs them. You could convince her that a boob job would get the same results and you could acheive three thing for the price of one.[/quote]

LOL! I will let her know.

My wife's original teeth have calcium deposits on them so they appera spotted, I have never seen them she had it corrected when she was a teenager the problem is now the caps are starting to chip a bit and discolor and it bothers her.

mredskins 10-12-2010 09:46 AM

[quote=Mattyk;746860][URL="http://lmgtfy.com/?q=veneers"]Let me google that for you[/URL][/quote]

You are late game. nice try though and I was looking more for someone on here that has had a personal experience with it versus some random person on the internet.

I know you have been wanting to whip that out like a 17 year old on prom night for some time now. =)

MTK 10-12-2010 09:48 AM

Ohhh yeah, I knew you'd like that one

firstdown 10-12-2010 11:27 AM

[quote=mredskins;746863]You are late game. nice try though and I was looking more for someone on here that has had a personal experience with it versus some random person on the internet.

I know you have been wanting to whip that out like a 17 year old on prom night for some time now. =)[/quote]

Ok I know what they are now and I still say go with the boob job. One you will save the money not getting the veneers. Two, your wife will have a nice new rack and no one will notice her teeth. Three you will loose weight.

Hog1 10-12-2010 01:09 PM

NICE Googlery goin' on here......

mredskins 10-12-2010 01:10 PM

[quote=Mattyk;746867]Ohhh yeah, I knew you'd like that one[/quote]

Still it is unfair you can not use my internet posting powers against me! =)

saden1 10-12-2010 02:26 PM

Are her tooth damaged or is it just for aesthetics? If it is for aesthetics you need to perform an inception to dissuade her from perusing them. If you don't you will be looking at butt implants, boob jobs and nose jobs, etc down the road.

If you don't find this answer satisfactory press CTRL-ALT-DEL for a better answer.

mredskins 10-12-2010 03:04 PM

[quote=saden1;747019]Are her tooth damaged or is it just for aesthetics? If it is for aesthetics you need to perform an inception to dissuade her from perusing them. If you don't you will be looking at butt implants, boob jobs and nose jobs, etc down the road.

If you don't find this answer satisfactory press CTRL-ALT-DEL for a better answer.[/quote]

What are you talking about???

SolidSnake84 10-12-2010 03:18 PM

I lost nearly my whole front tooth in an accident when i was 15 years old. I had a porcelain cap created, which lasted until i was 25, at which point it began to discolor and the dentist fitted me with a new veneer. It looks like my natural tooth, and i finally have the confidence to smile again. It is well worth the investment, and was not painful in the least.

firstdown 10-12-2010 03:20 PM

[quote=saden1;747019]Are her tooth damaged or is it just for aesthetics? If it is for aesthetics you need to perform an inception to dissuade her from perusing them. If you don't you will be looking at butt implants, boob jobs and nose jobs, etc down the road.

If you don't find this answer satisfactory press CTRL-ALT-DEL for a better answer.[/quote]
Its teeth not tooth unless their from West Virginia but if that was the case he would be asking about gold tooth.

saden1 10-12-2010 04:19 PM

[quote=mredskins;747033]What are you talking about???[/quote]

What do you think I am talking about?

mredskins 10-12-2010 04:23 PM

[quote=saden1;747082]What do you think I am talking about?[/quote]

I have no idea, honestly.