Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Our Injuries (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=39127)

saden1 10-11-2010 09:59 AM

Our Injuries

Any word on Williams and Brown?

MTK 10-11-2010 10:01 AM

Re: Our Injuries

Probably not until the MRIs are completed and the results are back.

artmonkforhallofamein07 10-11-2010 10:09 AM

I think it may have been encouraging to see TW back in the game in OT. Probably should have just kneeled down on it with :01 left in the 4th.

Pocket$ $traight 10-11-2010 10:09 AM

[quote=saden1;746310]Any word on Williams and Brown?[/quote]

The Post said that neither expect a long term injury. I think it was a good sign (obviously) that Williams came back in for a bit even though he went back out.

I may have to eat some of my negative words on Stephon Heyer. He is a legitimate NFL tackle. He won't be going to Miami or Hawaii any time soon and he is definitely going to make a couple of mistakes but he has been a big part of the last two victories.

Now, that being said. Heyer guarding Freeney is frightening....

MTK 10-11-2010 10:11 AM

I really think it's time to give Heyer some props. He filled in at RT and LT yesterday, AND no penalties. Never thought I would say it but he's become a valuable backup.

TheMalcolmConnection 10-11-2010 10:12 AM

I was ESPECIALLY pleased with his play at RT. I definitely dog him a lot but he really stepped it up yesterday.

12thMan 10-11-2010 10:16 AM

I think Heyer is a servicable back-up capable of having a really good game here and there. Can he do it for an entire season, doubtful.

saden1 10-11-2010 10:16 AM

Compared to last few seasons Heyer has definitely taken his game to another level. Props.

NYCskinfan82 10-11-2010 10:24 AM

Shouldn't this be under the POSITIVES. I'm talking about the Heyer comments.

artmonkforhallofamein07 10-11-2010 10:30 AM

Yes NYC. Ha! I like Heyer at RT at LT he can be a liability.

FRPLG 10-11-2010 10:31 AM

[quote=Mattyk;746320]I really think it's time to give Heyer some props. He filled in at RT and LT yesterday, AND no penalties. Never thought I would say it but he's become a valuable backup.[/quote]

I agree. I said it befoer and I'll keep saying it. He is a valuable backup. Yeah he can't be a long term solution but he has worked to become a competent stop gap player and he can swing from left to right. He'll be in the league for a while if he can stay healthy.

BDBohnzie 10-11-2010 10:37 AM

I sure as shit thought Williams was done for the year when he was flopping around on the turf during the OT coin toss. But then to see him in the game was shocking, just glad the initial reports aren't too serious.

The O-Line giving up no penalties yesterday was a positive, but Shanny still needs to figure out a way to get his best 5 out there. Heyer is a serviceable backup at best, but he can't be relied on to be a full time starter, especially at LT. Hopefully Williams is ready to rock and roll come Sunday night as he'll be needed with Freeney and Mathis coming to town.

SouperMeister 10-11-2010 10:46 AM

[quote=artmonkforhallofamein07;746341]Yes NYC. Ha! I like Heyer at RT at LT he can be a liability.[/quote]Heyer looked pretty strong in the running game at LT against Trent Cole. He's definitely a better player than last year, and a very serviceable backup tackle.

30gut 10-11-2010 11:00 AM

[quote=Mattyk;746320]I really think it's time to give Heyer some props. He filled in at RT and LT yesterday, AND no penalties. Never thought I would say it but he's become a valuable backup.[/quote]

Never!
Heyer sucks cut him now....J/K
Heyer has always been a solid back-up, imo.
And i give him a pass on his performance form last year b/c he was injured for most of the season but played anyway. Its partially an indictment on our lack of depth that no one else was good enough to start over an injured Heyer.

firstdown 10-11-2010 11:08 AM

I can't give any love for our line yesterday as they payed pretty shitty. THe only way they started playin OK was when just about all of GB players were hurt.