Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Merriman goes to IR (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=39181)

GridIron26 10-13-2010 05:58 PM

Re: Merriman goes to IR

[quote=Ruhskins;747490]Whatever team Merriman goes to next, will sign him for cheap. He has a LOT to prove, especially given his steroids past. Given all of this and his ties to the area, I wouldn't mind seeing him here under those conditions. As people say, a change of scenery can help a player out and I wouldn't mind having a player with 3-4 experience.[/quote]

I would not mind giving him a chance, as well.. We will lose nothing if we get him for cheap..

LavaRnChad 10-13-2010 06:05 PM

Re: Redskins

[quote=skinsfaninok;747399]He's a bum, if he wasn't ever on HGH he wouldn't have done anything[/quote]

Ol' Jerry Jones really looks smart for choosing D-Ware over Merriman despite his draft status.

skins89moss 10-14-2010 06:24 AM

Who knows Merriman is from Maryland maybe it could be a coming home party just like D-Hall. I think Merriman is a Redskins fan and if we signed him it would be a contract with incentives based on playing time and production. I hope we give Jeremy Jarmon more playing time this season.

2BIG2BSKINNY 10-14-2010 07:41 AM

I read the whole thread and think both opinions are true...He is done, but may be worth a look for depth... At a low cost we can pick up a system backer. Think about it! Is he better than Henson and Wilson...maybe. I think one man gang is going to be good but he is not protected from injury...Then Carter would be at OLB!

Get him if he is healthy and see what you got... low cost maybe high reward. At least he knows the 3-4 defense!

Monkeydad 10-14-2010 09:34 AM

If he's willing to be a role player or backup at first and work his way up the depth chart...with no attention given to his past accomplishments (none lately), then sure...sign him and see what he can do.

Shanahan won't give him a free pass. If he works his way back to his early-career form and cracks the starting lineup...GREAT. If not, don't let him on the field as a liability.

He's only 26, right?

MTK 10-14-2010 09:36 AM

I heard he's only 26.

Chico23231 10-14-2010 09:37 AM

[quote=Mattyk;747595]I heard he's only 26.[/quote]

acts like 17...thats a problem

SFREDSKIN 10-14-2010 10:56 AM

[url=http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-rise-and-fall-of-Shawne-Merriman?urn=nfl-276809]The rise and fall of Shawne Merriman - Shutdown Corner - NFL* - Yahoo! Sports[/url]

CultBrennan59 10-14-2010 02:21 PM

Shawn Merriman is a bust, simply because he was caught doing steroids, when he was at his best, he had taken steroids. When he was caught his sacks went down drastically. Now at 26, I feel he's kind of washed up.

We really don't have a need for him.

mooby 10-14-2010 02:50 PM

Do we really need proof that he was juicing? I mean come on, he was suspended for using steroids back in the day. And this was after there were rumors that he was juicing. And ever since then, he's had knee/other injuries, and has become a shell of his former self.

I mean what more proof do guys need? You want us to go to his house and find the empty needles? Doubtful he has those anymore.

Coool3y47 10-15-2010 05:18 PM

[quote=InsaneBoost;747409]Don't you mean Shanahan and Allen? If Snyder was still doing things, I think Peppers would be wearing a Redskins uniform this season.[/quote]

I wouldnt be too mad at that. but they wouldda dropped a crapload of cash that could be spent elsewhere.

Merrimans value is extremely low being injury plagued and really only having 2 good years Im sure his agent will inform to take any deal thats offered so he can prove his worth on the field. We might be able to snag him at vet minimum and theirs always use for depth at lb and u never know he might get some more of that hgh in him and throw qbs around like ragdolls lol.
:cheeky-sm

saden1 10-15-2010 07:36 PM

There's this thing called "physical examination" teams give to players. I think, like, if he passes this thing, like, we should totally, like, sign him. It's brilliantly genius!

Coool3y47 10-15-2010 09:11 PM

[quote=saden1;748033]There's this thing called "physical examination" teams give to players. I think, like, if he passes this thing, like, we should totally, like, sign him. It's brilliantly genius![/quote]

Like how many players have like passed physicals and like had further like injuries to the same like leg like a physical tells us more than if the dude has a f'in sports hernia. lol

GusFrerotte 10-15-2010 10:46 PM

Why do we need him? The D is OK and playing very physical. You want a NT, or another DT, just draft one or get a young FA, not someone on the downslide of his career.

DCtoAZ 10-16-2010 05:37 AM

Why not give him a shot if it cost us nothing ? We def have issues at the LB depth position so how can you say we don't need him simply for depth ... i really do think this guy has something left in the tank especially for a vet minimum ??