Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Running The Ball This Week (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=39232)

redskin4n 10-15-2010 07:51 PM

Running The Ball This Week

I would like to provide some stats, and some analysis off the dome. This is my first thread, but I've been here at the Warpath for a while now.

[B][SIZE="3"]Redskins Offense[/SIZE][/B] (3-2)

We score an average of 17.8 points a game, but we are winning.
We gain an average of 337.2 yards per game.
248.6 of those yards are in the air.
[B]88.6 of those yards are on the ground.[/B]

[B][SIZE="3"]Colts Defense[/SIZE][/B] (3-2)

They allow an average of 20.8 points a game.
They allow an average of 345.8 yards a game.
203.6 of those yards are in the air.
[B]142.2 of those yards are on the ground.[/B]

Before i continue, I'd like to point out that stats mean virtually nothing right now...(Cowboys), but I just wanted to start off by providing some basic background info.

The key to this game is possession. We have to keep Manning on the sideline as long as possible. How do we do that? Run the ball. It worked in the first quarter against the Eagles, and the Eagles have a better run defense than the Colts. I believe the Chiefs pounded the ball effectively against the Colts on the first drive. I'm not sure if the defense made adjustments, or the chiefs held it back. I couldn't watch that game because the Redskins were playing. lol

I think Kyle will run the ball, and then unleash the play-action on the Colts. I'm not saying we need Torain to run for 231 yards like Foster did, but maybe a 1-2 punch between him, and Keiland/Chad can be effective.

Cheers to 4-2 :food-smil

HTTR

SmootSmack 10-15-2010 08:38 PM

Re: Running The Ball This Week

I think the game will be decided on a big turnover and/or special teams play. Just being conservative won't beat Indy

skinsfaninok 10-15-2010 09:21 PM

Yea I really see 46 having a good game BUT it's also on DMac to take advantage of PA

SirClintonPortis 10-15-2010 11:53 PM

We ran it on the Sheagles. We better run it on those horseshoes, or else I'm going to be stirring it up big time this week.:D

Texanskin 10-16-2010 12:40 AM

i agree with this assesment. Lets run the ball which will make our play action even more deadly

The Goat 10-16-2010 12:41 AM

If we score more points we'll win :)

The Goat 10-16-2010 12:42 AM

Honestly I hope this is Albert's breakout game under the new regime. Manning can be an avg QB when rattled...the monster could help make it happen.

As the zen master says...we'll see.

warpaint 10-16-2010 02:13 AM

ATV's time shall be this week teams are running on Indy right now. Run it up the gut and stay away from Freeny and Mathis, #5 will then be able to roll out and open the passing game.

I honestly hope AH's brothers death though tragic brings Coach and Player together, and I do think if it happens it will turn into one of the best coach and player relationships ever. Here is to that.

Chico23231 10-16-2010 08:35 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;748052]I think the game will be decided on a big turnover and/or special teams play. Just being conservative won't beat Indy[/quote]

Being conservative is not Kyle's style and we can still run the ball, control the clock and still be agressive. I dont want to see a continuing trend of McNabb tossing the ball 35+ times...Running the ball effectively puts us in the best position to win on Sunday IMO. And probably is the number 1 key to winning this game and my second key is not let Peyton get into a rhythm against our zone. Haslett got to pick his spots to bring pressure, specifically up the middle in Peyton face.

artmonkforhallofamein07 10-16-2010 09:25 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;748052]I think the game will be decided on a big turnover and/or [B]special teams play[/B]. Just being conservative won't beat Indy[/quote]

This would be a great week for BB to get in his J Wall dance routine, twice. :food-smil

Longtimefan 10-16-2010 09:44 AM

That's the formula for success against any team with a high powered offense like the Colts. We should be able to run the ball. I just wish I could say it's a definite. Much of how this game is played will depend on the score, especially during those crucial moments. I hope it's not played in a come from behind mode.

NYCskinfan82 10-16-2010 10:52 AM

[quote=The Goat;748076]If we score more points we'll win :)[/quote]

I think you might be on to something, does anyone else know about this. :laughing2

aceinthehouse 10-16-2010 12:08 PM

Quite honestly...I'm more worried about the officiating crew than Player Matchups.

I think we can do what we need to win this game...
But we won't get away with hits on Manning like we did with Rodgers like the Alexander play.

All Manning has to do,is throw is hands up after getting knocked down and I see yellow raining down on the field.

We will need to play [B]VERY[/B] smart football as well as get some breaks,to take these guys down.

I agree with Smootsmack on this...
It's most likely going to come down to ST's play and turnovers on deciding this game.

Can Banks take one back?
Will Gano be money?
And can we cause turnovers?

There's 2 ways you can beat the Colts....
1)Either run the ball affectively the whole game and eat the clock,while keeping Manning off the field and scoring points on every opportunity.

2)Or cause fumbles and pick Manning which keeps him off the field,gives the offense extra opportunities in scoring and makes the Colts 1-dimensional for sure and pin ears back.

Now, I don't think we're ready to beat them in scenario #1. I just don't think we can...
We don't have the great run blocking to do so or the runningbacks to do it with.
Our best game at this, was against the Eagles and Portis and Torain shared those duties.

Well,we don't have portis right now..

But I do think we can do it in scenario #2!
If our Defense can rip that ball out like they have been training all season,get a pick or 2 against manning and capitalize off those turnovers....we will win this game.

We cannot win this game,if we get late hits on Manning and Pass Interference calls on Wayne and company. They are too good to give them extra shots and Manning extra opportunities.

We must play smart,but aggressive and get some turnovers and capitalize...
And we'll be 4-2!

GusFrerotte 10-16-2010 03:27 PM

[quote=The Goat;748077]Honestly I hope this is Albert's breakout game under the new regime. Manning can be an avg QB when rattled...the monster could help make it happen.

As the zen master says...we'll see.[/quote]

AH is a non factor and probably will be for the entire season. He is just muddling through 2010 to get traded in the offseason, thus he is going to avoid injury at all cost. Everybody and their brother has been posting about how they think AH is going to break out each week thus far, with the exception of last week, and they only get disappointment. Sure this week hopefully is the exception and the start of the new AH, but I just don't buy it. Orakpo is our new AH and a total beast who wants to excel.

SFREDSKIN 10-16-2010 03:43 PM

The way to beat Manning is to hit him, he doesn't like that, just ask the Patriots who have beaten often by being physical with him.