Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Don's Crystal Ball 2010 Week 6 Picks (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=39260)

D'BOYZ 10-17-2010 11:54 AM

Don's Crystal Ball 2010 Week 6 Picks

[FONT=Arial][center][color="#0000FF"][size=5][b]THE DON'S
Crystal Ball[/b][/size][/color][/center]
[color="#FF0000"][size=4][b][center]2010 SEASON
WEEK 6 PICKS[/center][/b][/size][/color]
[center]By [color="#FF0000"][b]DonCanabis/TheDon[/b][/color]
Analyst/Godfather
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/atw217/brando.png[/img][/center][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Better late than never, well I was do a bad Week but by far the past week has been the worst ever for me I only got 19 out of 42 picks right for a lousy 45% just pathetic.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Quick Hits [LIST][*]I wasn’t the only one that had a tough week as most of you know I run a prediction league with members of the boards where I put this column well the average correct picks last week overall were dreadful. Straight up 6.5 out of 14, Spread 6.4 out of 14 and Ovr/und 7.3 out of 14. This has been the toughest season to predict just too many upsets every week.[*]I know the excessive celebration rule was made because some players were going over top with their celebrations and trying to get noticed by their celebration rather than by how they played. But when you call a flag because a player fell to the ground after a chest bump it’s just ridiculous. Bye the way I’ve seen many player fall to the ground after a chest bump but last week game between Dallas and Tennessee it’s the first time I saw a flag being thrown.[*]New York Giants are starting to look like the defense we expected after back to back great performances.[*]With the amount of injuries we’re getting and the extra focus on concussion I think it’s ridiculous to believe that the NFL could produce a great product with an 18 game season.[*]Hot on Upsets of the Week picks, with a 6-3 record after 5 weeks it’s a must take. [*][b]The Goat of the Week [/b] Carson Palmer…. Another week his mistakes has cost this team a victory he’s all over the place and if he’s not fumbling the ball he’s throwing crucial interceptions that get return for TD’s. We have to realize that Palmer will never be the QB he used to be. [/LIST][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]On to the games [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][b]Miami at GreenBay [/b] -4 Ovr/Und 46[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Well it looks like Aaron Rodgers will play today, with that in mind I have to take Green bay because I don’t see them losing two weeks in a row and Miami’s defense isn’t anything close to the redskins defense. Take the Under on this one.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][b]Straight: [/b] GB
[b]Spread:[/b] Mia
[b]Ovr/Und[/b]: Und[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][b]Detroit at New York Giants [/b] -10 Ovr/Und 44.5

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]The Giants defensive coordinator has finally found out how to use his 70 defensive linemen and this defense is now helping the Giants offense. Detroit has a good defense and an offense that score points despite having Hill as their QB but I don’t see them scoring a lot against this defense on the road.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
[b]Straight: [/b] NYG
[b]Spread: [/b] NYG
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][b]Seattle at Chicago [/b]-6 Ovr/Und 38[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Cutler comes back to the lineup but the big story here is Chicago’s defense, this defense is playing great getting to the ball and giving Cutler 100 chances to win the games. Seattle doesn’t travel well and they’re just too unpredictable.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][b]Straight:[/b] Chi
[b]Spread:[/b] Chi
[b]Ovr/Und[/b]: Ovr[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][b]New Orleans at Tampa Bay [/b] 4 Ovr/Und 43.5[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]I’m tired of trying to figure the Saints out this year they lost against an undrafted QB last week, Brees it’s making a lot of bad throws and it’s off key. Tampa Bay is finding ways to win they don’t look pretty but they keep it close and find ways to win. So I still have to go with the champs because I can’t expect them to lose every week.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][b]Straight: [/b] NO
[b]Spread: [/b] NO
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][b] Atlanta at Philadelphia [/b] -3 Ovr/Und 42.5
[b] UPSET OF THE WEEK [/b][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Both teams are playing really good and usually Ryan has trouble playing on the road but this year is the year of the upsets and Kobb doesn’t look comfortable out there so take the upset in this one [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
[b]Straight:[/b] ATL
[b]Spread:[/b] ATL
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][b] Kansas City at Houston [/b] -4.5 Ovr/Und 45[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]I love The Chief’s defense but I hate their offense and I love the Texans offense but I hate their Defense. I expect the same thing we saw against the Colts last week the chief defense will make this a game but because their offense can’t score eventually their defense will fold and Houston will win their game.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
[b]Straight:[/b] HOU
[b]Spread:[/b] HOU
[b]Ovr/Und[/b]: UND[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][b]San Diego at St. Louis [/b] -8 Ovr/Und 45[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]This one is clear San Diego has a bad game and comes out next week and blows the other team away. This team has a lot of problems but also the Rams. Take the Chargers,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
[b]Straight:[/b]SD
[b]Spread:[/b]SD
[b]Ovr/Und[/b]:OVR[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][b] Cleveland at Pittsburgh [/b] -13.5 Ovr/Und 37.5[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
Ok the Steelers had two week to prepare and get into a rhythm with big Ben. Colt McCoy will start but he never faced a defense like the Steelers while he played in Texas he will make mistakes and will have a though day. Take the Steelers even with the huge line[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][b]Straight: [/b] Pit
[b]Spread: [/b] Pit
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][b]Baltimore at New England [/b] -3 Ovr/Und 44.5[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][b] UPSET OF THE WEEK [/b][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]They will miss Randy Moss this week with no deep threat they won’t be able to open Baltimore’s defense. Also their defense is raw and Baltimore has too many weapons so take the upset.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
[b]Straight:[/b]Bal
[b]Spread:[/b] Bal
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][b] New York Jets at Denver [/b] 3 Ovr/Und 41[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]The Jets are good, really good and LT looks like the old version of his, The Broncos have too many players hurt to keep up they got a great passing game but Ryan takes away your best weapon and makes you beat him with the rest. Take the Jets.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
[b]Straight:[/b] NYJ
[b]Spread:[/b] NYJ
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][b]Oakland at San Francisco [/b] -6.5 Ovr/Und 40.5[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]San Francisco plays good but find ways to lose each week I see them getting their first win this week but it will be close.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
[b]Straight:[/b] SF
[b]Spread:[/b] Oak
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][b] Dallas at Minnesota [/b] -2 Ovr/Und 44.5

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]The Panic Bowl, Dallas plays good when their life is on the line it’s the type of team they are also we all know the players marked this game up after last year’s division loss and how they lost. Also Favre is playing bad missing a lot of throws just off key, both teams have been bad this season but of them both Dallas has looked better.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial].[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][b]Straight: [/b]Dal
[b]Spread: [/b] Dal
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][b] Indianapolis at Washington [/b]: 3 Ovr/Und 43.5[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][b] UPSET OF THE WEEK [/b][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
I like This game for an upset Washington is playing great defense their offense hasn’t clicked but their defense keeps them in the game. Indianapolis isn’t what it used to and they have many injuries if this game stays close by the 4th quarter the Redskins will take it.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
[b]Straight:[/b]Was
[b]Spread:[/b]Was
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][b] Tennessee at Jacksonville [/b]: 3 Ovr/Und 45[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Division games are always tough vince young is playing good, C.J is having another good year and the Titans defense has been able to put pressure. The Jaguars are a fake 3-2 team M. Jones-Drew is hurt so take the Titans.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
[b]Straight:[/b] Ten
[b]Spread:[/b]Ten
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][b]The Hot Picks [/b]
Record 13-17 43%[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]New York Giants (league)
Pittsburgh(league)
Baltimore (league)
New York Jets
Dallas
Tennessee[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][b]Don’s Prediction League Leaders [/b] [LIST=1][*]MlmPetert 138 -90 61% [thewarpath.net][*]JAB 133-95 58% [forums.azcardinals.com][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [*]Ryper11 108-78 58% [thewarpath.net]

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/LIST][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]6.-[b]TheDon 124-104 54%[/b][/FONT]

jrsz24 10-17-2010 03:53 PM

Re: Don's Crystal Ball 2010 Week 6 Picks

Wow...you really suck at making picks

Hog1 10-17-2010 07:09 PM

I think you had better abstain when it comes to picking the dallas game.........
So, D'boyz, big d is dead for this season?

tootergray34 10-17-2010 07:23 PM

dboyz

please keep your picks coming so I know what to fade...

also, please enjoy your high draft choice...maybe you can get a new head coach and QB.

Takeuon 10-17-2010 07:27 PM

Ouch!...another rough week for you AND your picks

CRedskinsRule 10-17-2010 07:39 PM

Well i hope you at least get the Wash/Ind upset right.

MTK 10-17-2010 07:40 PM

We're doomed, he picked us.

53Fan 10-17-2010 08:00 PM

Can I get the paper version of these picks? I feel a bowel movement coming on.

GTripp0012 10-17-2010 08:12 PM

I haven't found this year too difficult to predict at all. I'm still going to miss 40% of my predictions, but that's no different from any other year.

MTK 10-18-2010 09:13 AM

Told you we were doomed. This guy is a mush.

[IMG]http://www.sinnacle.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/mush2.jpg[/IMG]

firstdown 10-18-2010 09:32 AM

OK, so the penalty was maybe bad but what about the other 300 Dallas has had this year. When you suck you find excuses for that loud sucking noise and is that the only gay hat Romo has?

[IMG]http://www.fistfulofsports.com/uploaded_images/romohat-782968.bmp[/IMG]

MTK 10-18-2010 09:42 AM

I call that the douche hat. You just have to be a douche to try to pull off that look.

Outside of retired old geezers, nobody should wear that hat.

Monkeydad 10-18-2010 12:05 PM

[quote=Mattyk;748277]We're doomed, he picked us.[/quote]

Yep, another week of failure for these picks...and Dallas.

We played well, I'm happy with our overall performance...unlike this self-called "expert" should be with his picks/

nieshengsheng 10-18-2010 12:11 PM

:food-smil:food-smil LOL

mlmpetert 10-18-2010 12:20 PM

[quote=Mattyk;749511]I call that the douche hat. You just have to be a douche to try to pull off that look.

Outside of retired old geezers, nobody should wear that hat.[/quote]

They also work if youre a newsie