My Madden Online rant
Alright, so I've been playing Madden 2005 Online for XBox for almost a month now, and here are the things that have absolutely ruined it for me:
1. Glitchers. These cretins somehow manage to find pleasure and pride in manipulating the glitches in the game that allow them to compile ridiculous win-loss records, at the expense of others who prefer to play fair regardless of the consequences. In addition to employing unsportsmanlike techniques that I will detail later in my rant, these jerks have figured out how to disconnect when they're losing-- without the game being recorded on either players' career stats. Thus, the ridiculous win-loss records.
2. Cheezers. These half-wits call the same damn plays over and over and over again, ad nauseam, even when you've burned them for it. If you don't burn them, you feel like a mindless moron yourself for not being able to figure out how to beat a guy that calls ONE DEFENSIVE PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME!
3. The Field Goal Block Glitch. I've been beaten by this particular cheater's play a few times, and I haven't figured out how to get around it yet, which is even more frustrating. Basically, the other guy takes his fastest player on the field goal block unit, lines him up to the far right, and backs him up a few yards off the line of scrimmage, to allow him to accelerate to full speed. Before the ball is snapped, he runs the player across the line of scrimmage at full speed and lands on top of the holder before or as the ball gets there for the snap. Obviously, it takes good timing, but when they do it right, they never get called for offsides, and they often wind up returning the fumbled snap for a touchdown. The only time they get called for it is if they cross the line of scrimmage before the snap and try to get back.
4. Fair Catch glitch. I played some a**hole tonight who had managed to figure out a glitch with the fair catch that allows him to position his player inside the 'halo' around the punt returner who is attempting the fair catch, which causes the return man to muff the fair catch, which allowed the coverage team to easily recover it, since he had kicked a high punt, and had three or four coverage players around the returner when the ball landed. The only work-around for this is obviously to get out of the way, and just let the ball be downed by the coverage team, but unfortunately for me, I had to get burned by this cheat tactic to figure it out. I can't understand how he didn't get called for 'fair catch interference', but somehow he found a glitch there.
5. The Wave. I've played a few imbecilic morons who get their jollies from making their defensive players do the wave during field goal and PAT attempts. Obviously, this is an unspeakably annoying tactic that serves no other purpose than simply to irritate the hell out of me.
6. End zone teasers. Don't let yourself get beat by a long pass or fumble/INT return, as you will undoubtedly fall victim to the hated "goalline tickler", wherein the ball carrier, usually someone with a 90+ speed rating, having outrun your players by at least a good 25 yards or so, decides to run from sideline to sideline-- tickling the goalline-- before actually walking across it as your would-be tacklers re-enter the field of view. Absolutely one of the most atrocious forms of taunting I've ever experienced. Inevitably followed by a full 30-second pause just to let you think about selecting 'Concede Defeat' from the game menu.
7. That damn defensive formation with all the defenders within 2 yards of the line of scrimmage. I don't know what the hell it is, but this is one of those annoying cheeze tactics that is extremely popular among the online gaming crowd. I've found a couple plays that will beat it regularly, but it still annoys the heck out of me that these punks have the audacity (or sheer stupidity) to keep calling the same damn defensive play every time... yep, so annoying I had to list it twice.
Anyway, there are countless other tactics used by the swarming mass of idiots that seems to constitute the online Madden crowd that have driven me to believe there is no alternative but to join a private league and just play among trusted and true sportsmen that believe in playing the game the way it was meant to be played.
Anyone fitting that description here?
I bought the PS2 with the sole objective of going online to play Madden. After a handful of games I stopped playing online and I haven't gone back since. I was very disappointed with a lot of the same stuff you pointed out, Joe.
I had a big problem with the cheesers, guys who would play with the Falcons or Eagles and just scramble around, drop back 30 yards and chuck it up. No strategy at all, just duckin' and chuckin' all game long. Yawn.
Plus as you mentioned there are so many glitches in the game that people take advantage of it's pathetic. It completely takes the fun out of the game, I'd rather play the computer.
I just got an XBOX a few days ago and have been playing Madden 2005.
I played online last night just to see what it's like. I played back to back games against the filthy birds (I was the Skins), and pretty much got crushed. I faced some of the tactics that Crisp mentioned above but luckily only a couple.
The guy used that defense you described with everyone on the line. He also had a bunch of offensive "money" plays - running McNabb around then dumping off to a receiver that was always open.
Anyways it's disappointing to see that the online community is as childish in Madden as they are in other online games (Spades, Counterstrike...).
I'll try playing online a few more times to give it a fair chance but I suspect I'll be writing my own rant soon. I also have Halo2 which is fun and hopefully can eliminate the clown tactics seen in other games.
Anyways anytime you guys wanna play some Madden let me know. Is there any way we can start a Warpath league online? Then again everyone would be the Skins :laughing- .
Where do you play Spades?
Pretty much if you play online, you have to get a game going with someone you know.
[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Where do you play Spades?[/QUOTE]
I used to play at Yahoo, but stopped a long time ago.
Too many cheaters, crybabies, sabotageurs....
I am a big proponent of a Warpath League getting set up. I used to play online but have since moved and don't have the ole cable internet hooked up yet. This is the perfect time to get it going. Lets start this up!
this is where xbox is better than ps2, you can have friends list of non-idiots, and they can ask for a game no matter what you're currently playing... pc works fine too... just dont try it on a gameboy ds.
I'd love to set up a league, I've asked before to see who's interested and I've never gotten much for a response.
Only problem is the different systems. So if you're interested, post what system you're on.
I'm on the PS2, we might not have enough to get a full league going but maybe we can at least get a list of who's interested and on what system so we can hit each other up for games.
Count me in for a Warpath league! I'm on XBOX.
I'm on XBOX, too. I'll start a Warpath Madden league thread so we can get a head count.
count mr in i play on my computer
The Warpath Madden League thread is up:
That's where we'll start forming the leagues.
pc here, i can win on all madden, but i really wouldn't consider myself very good :(
I played my first two online games in a long time last night. I lost my first game in a really good game 28-24. I was actually up 17-0 early in the 3rd qtr but I gave up two quick scores, one set up by a fumble on a kick return, and he rallied to edge me out in the last minute. I was Minnesota and he was Indy.
In my second game I was the Skins and the other guy was the Eagles. I was up 16-7 in the 3rd when we got disconnected. So far I haven't seen much cheese, but maybe I've just gotten lucky and played a couple of fairly honest players.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.