Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   wade phillips wow (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=39899)

loveskinsinwv 11-17-2010 09:18 PM

wade phillips wow

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora suggests that former Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips' next landing spot could be Washington as def cor....haslett needs to go ..what do you skins fans think

SFREDSKIN 11-17-2010 09:24 PM

Re: wade phillips wow

I rather have Dick Jauron.

Dirtbag59 11-17-2010 09:24 PM

Mindless speculation on par with Internet Message Boards?

Defensewins 11-17-2010 09:30 PM

If Jason Lacanfora said it, it will definitely not happen. The guy is a mush.

D'BOYZ 11-17-2010 09:30 PM

Good Def Coordinator BAAAAAD HC

tc2deuce 11-17-2010 09:32 PM

really good defense cord.!!

SirClintonPortis 11-17-2010 09:33 PM

JLC should not be a reporter.

mooby 11-17-2010 10:01 PM

Not sure how to feel about this one. It's all just speculation at this point anyways, who knows if we finish the year on an improved note Haslett might not even be going anywhere. We need to wait till the offseason before we start pondering coaching/roster changes anyways.

CultBrennan59 11-17-2010 10:09 PM

I don't think Haslett is That bad, Wade Philips is a good D coordinator, thats what got him the job in Dallas in the first place. I think Wade's defense is more conservative than Hasletts which is why I'd side with Haslett as my DC next year, now if a Ryan brother became our DC next year thats something else.

DCtoAZ 11-17-2010 10:26 PM

where the F does this guy get his info .. i hate JLC .. he sucks donkey balls

Dirtbag59 11-17-2010 10:56 PM

Ironically it wouldn't be a bad move. Haslet is better at motivating then he is X's and O's which is find for a head coach but not exactly what you want from your coordinator.

GusFrerotte 11-17-2010 10:59 PM

Can't have 4-3 personnel run a 3-4 and expect them to be very good at first. The rebuilding process is going to be painfully slow if done right. To think you can right over a decade of mismanagement in a few years is delusional. We are woefully devoid of having any real NFL starting caliber linemen on the offensive side of the ball, and will have to draft a WR, QB, and a RB down the road. Depth on the D is horrid also.

Dirtbag59 11-17-2010 11:02 PM

[quote=GusFrerotte;760075]Can't have 4-3 personnel run a 3-4 and expect them to be very good at first. The rebuilding process is going to be painfully slow if done right. To think you can right over a decade of mismanagement in a few years is delusional. We are woefully devoid of having any real NFL starting caliber linemen on the offensive side of the ball, and will have to draft a WR, QB, and a RB down the road. Depth on the D is horrid also.[/quote]

Still they're not last in the league bad. Landry, Hall, Rogers, Orakpo, Alexander, Carriker, Golston, Daniels, Fletcher, McIntosh all fit the scheme. I personally think it's an X's and O's thing. Maybe they need a true NT as well. Haynesworth is obviously gone after this year. That play he took off was pathetic. Luckily he's been playing well enough on other plays to encourage someone to take him off our hands this offseason.

GusFrerotte 11-17-2010 11:46 PM

[quote=Dirtbag359;760076]Still they're not last in the league bad. Landry, Hall, Rogers, Orakpo, Alexander, Carriker, Golston, Daniels, Fletcher, McIntosh all fit the scheme. I personally think it's an X's and O's thing. Maybe they need a true NT as well. Haynesworth is obviously gone after this year. That play he took off was pathetic. Luckily he's been playing well enough on other plays to encourage someone to take him off our hands this offseason.[/quote]

I don't have anything against the 3-4, just seems we went from being a decent pass defense to a sieve from the change over. The players aren't comfortable with the schemes or something. The D is just devoid of depth. If Rogers or Hall goes down we are screwed. Same for Landry. Our D line is OK, but they are old. We need to inject youth into our team ASAP.

Gmanc711 11-17-2010 11:51 PM

I'll give Haslett the rest of the year to judge him. I know the transition is not easy to make from a 4-3 to a 3-4....but if things keep up, I'd certainly be open to it.