Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Battle for NFC LEAST (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=40282)

mredskins 12-06-2010 01:15 PM

Battle for NFC LEAST

So who will end up in the NFC East cellar this year? Cowboys or Skins?

At one time it looked like a lock for the Cowpokes but now with some stellar losses and a tough schedule to finish out the season my money is on our burgundy and gold!

And who said we couldn't repeat this year???

[I]Sorry meant for this to be in the locker room, my fail! [/I]

GMScud 12-06-2010 02:00 PM

Re: Battle for NFC LEAST

[quote=mredskins;766111]So who will end up in the NFC East cellar this year? Cowboys or Skins?

At one time it looked like a lock for the Cowpokes but now with some stellar losses and a tough schedule to finish out the season my money is on our burgundy and gold!

And who said we couldn't repeat this year???

[I]Sorry meant for this to be in the locker room, my fail! [/I][/quote]

I've got to say it's us at this point who will end up last. We look like hot garbage on both sides of the ball. Garrett is 3-1 in Dallas with Jon Kitna as his QB, and the Cowboys actually look like they're having fun now. They seemed to just grind every week under Phillips.

And they need to be starting Tashard Choice every week. I don't see Marion Barber on that team next year.

CRedskinsRule 12-06-2010 02:08 PM

sadly us, and so another year ends up being a depressing ride for skins fans. really, it's a pain when you can't even enjoy your rivals gaffes because you know, that they will end up doing better, and we will just keep repeating the same old song.

SouperMeister 12-06-2010 02:15 PM

Dallas is a Roy Williams fumble away from being 4-0 under Jason Garrett. Even with Romo and Dez Bryant out for the season, Dallas has far more talent, and more importantly, they're playing like they're auditioning for jobs - the hunger is there. I'm not seeing that across the board here, so I would have to say that our Skins are destined for the cellar.

mredskins 12-06-2010 02:22 PM

I would love it if we had a parade for coming in last 3 years in a row and then MS gives a speech much like Pat Riley's speech (go to 1:50 in the video) saying we are going to repeat again next year as the cellar dwellers!

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omdhANGtp6s"]YouTube - Top 10 Parade Moments[/URL]

MTK 12-06-2010 02:26 PM

[quote=GMScud;766138]I've got to say it's us at this point who will end up last. We look like hot garbage on both sides of the ball. Garrett is 3-1 in Dallas with Jon Kitna as his QB, and the Cowboys actually look like they're having fun now. They seemed to just grind every week under Phillips.

And they need to be starting Tashard Choice every week. [B]I don't see Marion Barber on that team next year[/B].[/quote]

Problem for them is Jerry does:

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/03/jerry-jones-confirms-marion-barber-is-out-this-week-but-not-out-for-2011/]Jerry Jones confirms Marion Barber is out this week, but not out for 2011 | ProFootballTalk[/url]

mooby 12-06-2010 02:31 PM

When the Cowboys were 1-7 I couldn't envision them beating us out for 3rd place in the division, but we all know how that has started looking now. I think they will beat us out for 3rd place, but honestly I'm not too concerned about it. At least if we have a shitty team for the rest of the season we'll have a better draft pick. I didn't see us finishing with a worse record than Minnesota either but we're both 5-7 now.

sportscurmudgeon 12-06-2010 03:01 PM

No question the Cowboys are playing better football now than the Skins are. What the Skins did yesterday in NY/NJ was about as embarrassing a performance as a team can put out there.

Reality is harsh.

It was only a month ago that we had a thread going about what was going to fall in place to assure that the Skins would win the NFC East and get to the playoffs. That was fun while it lasted.

Now comes reality - - harsh reality.

The good news? There is no way that the Skins will have a worse record in 2010 than they did in 2009. You can take that bit of reality to the bank.

Lotus 12-06-2010 03:12 PM

I agree that the Cowturds are playing well and we are playing poorly.

But losing in NY was to be expected. And that team from Dallas will come to earth. I think we'll pick it up enough to edge out the Pokes for 3rd.

mlmdub130 12-06-2010 03:20 PM

we play

tampa
dallas
jacksonville
nyg

dallas plays

philly
us
arizona
philly

i really think it will come down to the cowboys redskins game, if the cowboys win that they finish third if we win we get third. i really don't see us beating any of our other opponents remaining but maybe dallas. the buc, giants, and jags are playing better football than us and are fighting for playoff spots. unfortunatly i think the coyboys will end up in third and we will be on the bottom which is actually where we belong anyway.

SmootSmack 12-06-2010 03:25 PM

I'm not sold on Tampa quite yet

I really don't know what to make of Jacksonville this year, didn't think they'd be the team to finally knock the Colts from the top of the division...maybe they'll have clinched and be resting MJD when we play them

skinsfaninok 12-06-2010 04:06 PM

who cares?? If u dont make the playoffs it doesn't matter

Kindoy 12-06-2010 04:30 PM

tank it for a draft pick! :Flush:

but seriously though, it sucks having the season be pretty much over this early year in and year out...

Ruhskins 12-06-2010 05:55 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;766195]I'm not sold on Tampa quite yet

I really don't know what to make of Jacksonville this year, didn't think they'd be the team to finally knock the Colts from the top of the division...maybe they'll have clinched and be resting MJD when we play them[/quote]

I must say that Tampa has done a good job at beating bad teams.

SouperMeister 12-06-2010 06:03 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;766244]I must say that Tampa has done a good job at beating bad teams.[/quote]Tampa has also competed hard against good teams - they gave Atlanta all they could handle yesterday. What really depresses me is that cellar dwellers like Detroit, St. Louis, and Tampa have gotten younger and faster, and will probably be perennial playoff contenders before we will.

SirClintonPortis 12-06-2010 06:04 PM

I have nagging suspicion that the football gods will arrange us with an excellent reunion with AH next year. It just has to happen.

MTK 12-06-2010 07:34 PM

[quote=SirClintonPortis;766246]I have nagging suspicion that the football gods will arrange us with an excellent reunion with AH next year. It just has to happen.[/quote]

Good. Bring it on.

SirClintonPortis 12-06-2010 07:39 PM

[quote=Mattyk;766277]Good. Bring it on.[/quote]

As long as its not with the Lions. Oh dear god the sight of Suh commanding a double team while Lich is blown up or Dock is holding/false starting is too much to bear.

SkinzWin 12-06-2010 07:49 PM

I would say do what other teams have done, trade away aging yet still talented veterans in order to get draft picks and rebuild. However I would be remiss if I didn't say we don't have a lot of those on the team to trade away.

htownskinfan 12-06-2010 09:31 PM

[quote=sportscurmudgeon;766182]No question the Cowboys are playing better football now than the Skins are. [B]What the Skins did yesterday in NY/NJ was about as embarrassing a performance as a team can put out there.[/B]Reality is harsh.

It was only a month ago that we had a thread going about what was going to fall in place to assure that the Skins would win the NFC East and get to the playoffs. That was fun while it lasted.

Now comes reality - - harsh reality.

The good news? There is no way that the Skins will have a worse record in 2010 than they did in 2009. You can take that bit of reality to the bank.[/quote]

gotta disagree on that,that primetime beatdown by philly was much more embarassing than yesterday

Monkeydad 12-08-2010 12:12 PM

[img]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1180/wade.jpg[/img]

SouperMeister 12-08-2010 04:48 PM

[quote=htownskinfan;766318]gotta disagree on that,that primetime beatdown by philly was much more embarassing than yesterday[/quote]Plus it was at home. The Philly beat down this year ranks up there with the Body Bag Game in '90 as the most humbling losses I remember.

firstdown 12-09-2010 10:36 AM

Actually its Dallas anyway you want to look at it. It was Dallas that was suppose to make the run for the SB and they are struggling just to have a 50/50 season at best. The best we were hoping for was to see the skins improve some and maybe get a lucky wild card spot. So when you look at the picks before the season started Dallas ranks #1 as having the worse season.

sportscurmudgeon 12-09-2010 03:17 PM

[quote=SouperMeister;766245]Tampa has also competed hard against good teams - they gave Atlanta all they could handle yesterday. What really depresses me is that cellar dwellers like Detroit, St. Louis, and Tampa have gotten younger and faster, and will probably be perennial playoff contenders before we will.[/quote]

The Bucs have had 15 rookies on their roster for most of this season and have started 6 of them.

Two of them came off the scrap heap of "undrafted free agents".

Whoever planned their draft last year and kept an eye on what happened to players as they were cut from other training camps did a pretty good job.

Bucs' wins this year have not come at the expense of any very good teams, but the team is indeed young and it has shown that it is a lot better than the 3-13 team the Bucs put out there last year.