Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   They're Alive.... Alive !!!! HAHAHAHAHA (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=4031)

diehardskin2982 12-06-2004 11:34 AM

They're Alive.... Alive !!!! HAHAHAHAHA

:lol:
Someone has finally awaken the offensive juggernaut that the team was expected to be at the beginning of the season. What happenened in that locker room before the game. Maybe Gibbs finally realized that he could calls like he was in the NFL and not in pop warner. All I know is this... we heald Philly to one td for a half and only got scored on after a mental break down because of the refs bad calls

Philly may be upset this Sunday evening. Why, How? well if the defense can hold them and the offense plays up to par we will produce an upset. And the critics will have there faces on the floor. Stop the redskin bashing

All I want for Christmas is that we split the series with all our division rivials 1 down :Flush:
2 more to go... and shall I say it :dallas:

everyone chant it 8-8, 8-8,8-8 hell in this sorry NFC division we may have playoff hopes if we are the only ones to beat philly in the NFC.

We'll some may say i've been drinking :party-smi or lost my mind, but I say that this team may be a fourth quarter shocker folks what does every one else think? who should we draft now doesn't look like a qb, maybe Mike Williams, braylon Edwards, an o-line man? Or a Defense minded pick.
I have another idea lets flood the Redskins site with sign smoot emails think they'll get the message

diehardskin2982 12-06-2004 11:48 AM

almost forgot Griffin will be playing this time iggles so be afriad be very afraid...

Oh plus Ade Jimoh will be on the sideline too!!

Redskins_P 12-06-2004 11:51 AM

"Playoffs?!?! You want to talk about playoffs"--( Jim Mora )

Ok, seriously yes we are still mathematically alive in the playoff (wildcard) race. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. I think we do have a legimate chance to beat the Iggles, but it's a tough task and our Defense will have to play a near perfect game in order for us to beat them. On offense, if we stick with the same winning formula (Portis getting the ball more 25 times) we might be able to pull a huge upset.

As for the draft, I think we should take the best center available, then we can worry about other positions...

diehardskin2982 12-06-2004 11:54 AM

I'm not worried about playoffs I just want to split the series with the others in the NFC East teams to show that we are no pushovers
all we have to do is not breakdown mentally
we all know they're sleeping on us :sleep:

Redskins_P 12-06-2004 12:01 PM

[QUOTE=diehardskin2982]I'm not worried about playoffs I just want to split the series with the others in the NFC East teams to show that we are no pushovers
all we have to do is not breakdown mentally
we all know they're sleeping on us :sleep:[/QUOTE]

I agree and I think if we do split with the rest of our division it would be a huge boost for the team, and us the fans and will give us some momentum for next season.

MTK 12-06-2004 12:04 PM

While the playoffs are a statistical possibility, there's no way I'm even dreaming of it happening.

I just want to see the team finish the season on a high note.

illdefined 12-06-2004 12:09 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]While the playoffs are a statistical possibility, there's no way I'm even dreaming of it happening.

I just want to see the team finish the season on a high note.[/QUOTE]

a high note, AND knowing LaVar and Jon Jansen will be coming BACK.

Bozzy 12-06-2004 12:24 PM

If we go 8-8 and some other teams lose, we can get a wildcard.

It would be soooo cool to sneak into the playoffs thru the backdoor and go to the superbowl...man

coggs 12-06-2004 12:44 PM

[QUOTE=diehardskin2982]:lol:
Someone has finally awaken the offensive juggernaut that the team was expected to be at the beginning of the season. What happenened in that locker room before the game.[/QUOTE]What happenned was they played the Giants whose defense is awful without Strahan, Washington, and Wilson.

coggs 12-06-2004 12:46 PM

[QUOTE=Redskins_P]"Playoffs?!?! You want to talk about playoffs"--( Jim Mora )

Ok, seriously yes we are still mathematically alive in the playoff (wildcard) race. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. I think we do have a legimate chance to beat the Iggles, but it's a tough task and our Defense will have to play a near perfect game in order for us to beat them. On offense, if we stick with the same winning formula (Portis getting the ball more 25 times) we might be able to pull a huge upset.

As for the draft, I think we should take the best center available, then we can worry about other positions...[/QUOTE]
The Giants are still mathematically in the thick of things, as well!!!!!!!

They will never draft a center in the first round. Interior linemen are risky to take that early, you can pick up a good center in any round.

Redskins_P 12-06-2004 01:06 PM

[QUOTE=coggs]The Giants are still mathematically in the thick of things, as well!!!!!!!

They will never draft a center in the first round. Interior linemen are risky to take that early, you can pick up a good center in any round.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry Coggs, but your boys look like they already gave up on this season. I might be wrong, but it doesn't look they care anymore. Especially your boy Shockey. Where was he yesterday?

coggs 12-06-2004 01:14 PM

Shockey had the ball thrown thrown to him 4 times and caught 3 passes (I think, I haven't looked at any stats, I do not feel like losing my appetite before lunch). You're picking on the wrong guy, Shockey is one of the few who still does care. You can see it every time the ball is not thrown his way. He has to grow-up a little, and needs to focus so he doesnt drop the easy balls, but I don't EVER want to see him lose his enthusiasm. Let's see how your boys look around 9:30pm next sunday after the Eagles are up 21-0. What sucks is with a Steelers fan little brother and one of my best friends being an Eagles fan, I have no choice but to root for Patriots repeat. Since I am not a Yankees fan, I hold no ill-will towards the Bahsten fan.

Redskins_P 12-06-2004 01:24 PM

[QUOTE=coggs]Shockey had the ball thrown thrown to him 4 times and caught 3 passes (I think, I haven't looked at any stats, I do not feel like losing my appetite before lunch). You're picking on the wrong guy, Shockey is one of the few who still does care. You can see it every time the ball is not thrown his way. He has to grow-up a little, and needs to focus so he doesnt drop the easy balls, but I don't EVER want to see him lose his enthusiasm. Let's see how your boys look around 9:30pm next sunday after the Eagles are up 21-0. What sucks is with a Steelers fan little brother and one of my best friends being an Eagles fan, I have no choice but to root for Patriots repeat. Since I am not a Yankees fan, I hold no ill-will towards the Bahsten fan.[/QUOTE]

You might be right. But to me it looks like Shockey hasn't been himself lately. He's usually more vocal during the games, but yesterday he looked out of it. He was a non factor (probably for the 1st time in his career vs. Redskins).

Next Sunday is going to be tough, and I never said we were going to come out and dominate them, but I have a better feeling coming in to this game than I did the last time we played them.

So, you're from SI and you're not a Yankee fan? Whats up with that? Are you a Mets fan?

coggs 12-06-2004 01:33 PM

I just moved back to Staten Island. Lived here from 2-10, Long Island from 10-26, brooklyn for a year and a half, and now back to Staten Island. I'm 28 and became a Mets fan as a kid with Gooden, Strawberry, Carter, Hernandez, etc. the only borough that is true Yankees territory is the bronx. The rest are divided pretty evenly, and most of today's yankee fans are NEW yankee fans, as in fans of the past 10 years.

joecrisp 12-06-2004 01:59 PM

[QUOTE=coggs]They will never draft a center in the first round. Interior linemen are risky to take that early, you can pick up a good center in any round.[/QUOTE]
I agree. I still think the Skins need to get a good, young defensive lineman to pair with Griffin (don't know if there's any of those that are expected to be 1st round caliber or not-- don't watch a whole lot of college ball), or another left tackle to possibly replace Samuels if he doesn't restructure.

They can get solid interior linemen and wideouts in the mid-rounds. They definitely need to get a better player at center, but I don't think they need to spend a first-rounder on one.

The wideouts we have will probably get a lot better after spending some more time working with Gibbs and Ramsey in this offense. They just need to keep performing like they did on Sunday.