Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   Howard Stern signs on for 5 more years with Sirius (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/40333-howard-stern-signs-5-more-years.html)

Mattyk 12-09-2010 09:47 AM

Howard Stern signs on for 5 more years with Sirius

Good news for Stern fans:

[url=http://money.cnn.com/2010/12/09/technology/howard_stern_sirius/]Howard Stern signs another five-year contract with Sirius - Dec. 9, 2010[/url]

BleedBurgundy 12-09-2010 09:53 AM

Re: Howard Stern signs on for 5 more years with Sirius

If anyone was listening, the joke he pulled on Sal this morning was classic. I tuned in midway and didn't know it was a joke until the end. Great stuff.

Mattyk 12-09-2010 10:03 AM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;767023]If anyone was listening, the joke he pulled on Sal this morning was classic. I tuned in midway and didn't know it was a joke until the end. Great stuff.[/quote]

It was great, I felt bad for the guy but at least they didn't hang him out to dry for too long.

mredskins 12-09-2010 10:06 AM

He is still on the radio? Really?

Mattyk 12-09-2010 10:09 AM

He's on this little thing called SiriusXM that has over 20 million subscribers

BleedBurgundy 12-09-2010 10:20 AM

Seriously, SiriusXM is the best. Only $400 for a lifetime subscription. Unrestricted comedy, music, talk, NFL... if you spend any time in your car, it's worth the money.

CRedskinsRule 12-09-2010 10:51 AM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;767028]Seriously, SiriusXM is the best. Only $400 for a lifetime subscription. Unrestricted comedy, music, talk, NFL... if you spend any time in your car, it's worth the money.[/quote]

I agree, I like Ross Tucker at 6 when I am driving in, and if you get the internet option you can stream it anywhere you have internet. Overall, it's excellent.

firstdown 12-09-2010 10:57 AM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;767028]Seriously, SiriusXM is the best. Only $400 for a lifetime subscription. Unrestricted comedy, music, talk, NFL... if you spend any time in your car, it's worth the money.[/quote]

How does that work. One time deal and no other cost. What happens if you switch cars and can you get XM in your house also with that deal. I'm guessing they must also sell comercial time to keep it going.

Mattyk 12-09-2010 11:09 AM

Not sure they offer the lifetime deals anymore, but if you got in while you could it's definitely a great deal

Mattyk 12-09-2010 11:10 AM

Sounds like Stern is going to finally be available on the Sirius app.

mredskins 12-09-2010 11:11 AM

my wife has Sirius and my car is xm radio ready can she add me to her account? anyone know and how much?

mredskins 12-09-2010 02:12 PM

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMN9myYW0Js&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Penis! Penis! Penis! on Eyewitness News (JoeyBootsNYC)[/url]

FRPLG 12-09-2010 03:03 PM

[quote=mredskins;767041]my wife has Sirius and my car is xm radio ready can she add me to her account? anyone know and how much?[/quote]

Define "xm radio ready". If it has an xm tuner you're fine. She can add you to the account but you have to pay per device.

Some car makers use the term "xm ready" as a marketing device where they mean the car has some type of aux/mp3 type input. In that case "xm ready" means it is ready for you to go buy a portable xm tuner and plug it straight into your car's built in stereo. So it really isn't "ready" in the sense that it just needs to be turned on.

BleedBurgundy 12-09-2010 03:39 PM

[quote=firstdown;767035]How does that work. One time deal and no other cost. What happens if you switch cars and can you get XM in your house also with that deal. I'm guessing they must also sell comercial time to keep it going.[/quote]

You get one xfer to another vehicle/radio. This is in my truck which I bought new with a lifetime powertrain warranty, so I plan on keeping it forever.

mredskins 12-09-2010 04:08 PM

[quote=FRPLG;767078]Define "xm radio ready". If it has an xm tuner you're fine. She can add you to the account but you have to pay per device.

Some car makers use the term "xm ready" as a marketing device where they mean the car has some type of aux/mp3 type input. In that case "xm ready" means it is ready for you to go buy a portable xm tuner and plug it straight into your car's built in stereo. So it really isn't "ready" in the sense that it just needs to be turned on.[/quote]

No it has an XM ID and everything, I use to have XM on it at one point. IT plays right from the dash no extras need.