Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Gear (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   2011 Season Tickets available (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=40753)

newticketholder 12-29-2010 09:52 AM

2011 Season Tickets available

Hey everyone - After 11 years on the Redskins waiting list, I've finally been given the opportunity to purchase season tickets. Since then my life has changed drastically. I now have a 4 year old child with a disability. So I don't think I will get to many if any games next year. My plan is to purchase the season Tickets and then sell them on ebay. Either game by game or for the entire season package. Money has been tight and selling the tickets will help with some of the bills. I also do not want to miss out on this opportunity since it took 11 years. Is there anyone out there that would be interested in the entire season ticket package or even a game for next year. I have no idea on what I should charge for this either. I want to make the most out of it of course. The tickets are in the upper level of the endzone. Thats all that is offer to new Ticket purchasers. You get 2 pre season games and 8 regular season games. They are also throwing in Kenny Chesney Tickets for this June. It's a great deal. Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks for your time.

firstdown 12-29-2010 10:08 AM

Re: 2011 Season Tickets available

Good luck. I had the same idea and ended up eating some games or giving the tickets away for less then what I paid for them. Even if someone here says they are interested in tickets don't count on that until you have the money in hand. If I was in your situation I would pass on the season tickets and just buy tickets to a few games each year. Its much cheaper and you will have better seats. Call the Redskins home office and tell them to keep you on the list. I dropped my season tickets about 4 to 5 years back and I have received about 10 thing from them to purchase season tickets and I only had mine for a year. I'm not trying to be a downer but you need to know what your getting into.

MonkFan4Life 12-29-2010 10:18 AM

As a fan who looks for tickets to games all the time. I use Craigslist alot and people get over like a fat rat especially with the NFC East games. If you don't screen who you're selling them to (Redskins fans or opponents) then you come out better becuase its all about who's got the money.

It depends on where your seats are as well.

I wish you the best !

celts32 12-29-2010 10:28 AM

I have season tickets, waited over 20 years for mine, but the line is no where near that long now a days. My seats are in the lower level now but I started upstairs in the corner endzone. With the exception of the Dallas game, there are few circumstances where you can make a profit off of selling an upper level Redskins ticket. When you factor in the online selling fee for Stub Hub or Ebay you actually have to sell for over face value just to break even...that is the biggest obsticle to making a profit. And when you factor in the pre season games that you get nothing for it will be a decent size loss.

In my experience I was actually able to sell the seats way up top for more of a profit then i could when i was lower in the upper deck. The reason is that not a lot of non season ticket holders realize that there are different prices in the upper deck. Row 15 and down goes up like $20 but when you list the tickets online they show up with all the tickets from that section and it looks like you are not pricing them competitively.

Anyway to summarize...you will not make money at first but if you can afford to take some moderate losses each year in the meantime then by the time you can actually use them maybe you will have been upgraded to better seats for your troubles. Once you get to the lower level selling is easier, and you can even make a little extra to cover some preseason losses.

newticketholder 12-29-2010 10:29 AM

Thanks for the info guys. Keep the replies coming

firstdown 12-29-2010 11:17 AM

[quote=firstdown;773259]Good luck. I had the same idea and ended up eating some games or giving the tickets away for less then what I paid for them. Even if someone here says they are interested in tickets don't count on that until you have the money in hand. If I was in your situation I would pass on the season tickets and just buy tickets to a few games each year. Its much cheaper and you will have better seats. Call the Redskins home office and tell them to keep you on the list. I dropped my season tickets about 4 to 5 years back and I have received about 10 thing from them to purchase season tickets and I only had mine for a year. I'm not trying to be a downer but you need to know what your getting into.[/quote]

For the record my tickets where around the 40 yard line not to high up in the upper level so they were very good upper level tickets. I had no trouble selling a few games but some where tough to give away. You also have to eat two preseason tickets per season pass which cost the same as regular games.

newticketholder 12-29-2010 02:49 PM

So, if I was to offer the tickets up for sale as the entire season. What's a fair price to ask. you would be getting 8 regular season games and 2 pre season games.

tryfuhl 12-30-2010 03:53 AM

fair? face val

the whiney people that act like they should re-coop all of their spending are annoying

you pay the price to hold tickets.. if anyone deserves to take a loss to the hawking it's the person that holds the tickets

newticketholder 12-30-2010 10:28 AM

Well guys I went and did it. I am now the proud owner of Washington Redskins Season Tickets. I'm very excited. This I can enjoy with my family for years to come. I really feel like part of the team now. But as mentioned before. I will not be able to attend many games this year. So please keep me in mind if anyone out there needs tickets at a fair and reasonable price. Thanks everyone. GO SKINS!

mlmpetert 12-30-2010 11:44 AM

[quote=newticketholder;773459]Well guys I went and did it. I am now the proud owner of Washington Redskins Season Tickets. I'm very excited. This I can enjoy with my family for years to come. I really feel like part of the team now. But as mentioned before. I will not be able to attend many games this year. So please keep me in mind if anyone out there needs tickets at a fair and reasonable price. Thanks everyone. GO SKINS![/quote]

Congrats!

bigmarley4 12-30-2010 02:20 PM

[quote=mlmpetert;773467]Congrats![/quote]

I know you've already made the decision, so let me first give you a big congrats -- it's a great experience for the most part.

BUT you should factor in a loss of at least 20% on what you paid, once you sell the tickets for the games you won't go to (that's not including parking, other costs). I don't say this to scare you or anything but just want to be realistic about the true cost of being a season ticket holder.

Let's hope the team is much improved next year!

newticketholder 12-30-2010 03:37 PM

[quote=bigmarley4;773483]I know you've already made the decision, so let me first give you a big congrats -- it's a great experience for the most part.

BUT you should factor in a loss of at least 20% on what you paid, once you sell the tickets for the games you won't go to (that's not including parking, other costs). I don't say this to scare you or anything but just want to be realistic about the true cost of being a season ticket holder.

Let's hope the team is much improved next year![/quote]

How is it a loss if I'm selling the Tickets to the Games I'm NOT going to. None the less. I plan on being a holder for years to come. I'm excited about the opportunity. I'm sure that there will be tickets that I cannot give away. Just as there will those game where I can sell the tickets at 2 or 3x face value. I hope it all evens out in the end.

hooskins 01-03-2011 10:22 AM

Good luck selling at 2-3 times face value. I just don't think that will happen unless we have a winning year. Even the big games, I don't really see upper level tickets going for more than 2 times ever.

As another poster mentioned, the lower level ones are the money makers for those games.

firstdown 01-03-2011 10:35 AM

Congrats on getting your season tickets. With that said I don't think you will get 2 to 3 times over ticket price for any games anytime soon but I could be wrong. The problem is that people sell ticket at cost or for a loss all the time so its tough to make money of the tickets. Now if we are playing Dallas late in the season for a playoff spot then you can make some money of that ticket. By the way where are your seats?

bigmarley4 01-04-2011 12:35 PM

[quote=newticketholder;773491]How is it a loss if I'm selling the Tickets to the Games I'm NOT going to. None the less. I plan on being a holder for years to come. I'm excited about the opportunity. I'm sure that there will be tickets that I cannot give away. Just as there will those game where I can sell the tickets at 2 or 3x face value. I hope it all evens out in the end.[/quote]

As a season ticket holder myself I'm just trying to be straight with you. You may sell tickets for games you are not going to, but you will lucky to get the "ticket face" let alone what it actually cost you to buy when you pay the fees, the PC county tax, factor in worthless pre-season games, etc. I think a 20% loss is a fair estimate (a bit optimistic if anything). I've broken even some seasons, but most seasons I've been in the red thanks to team performance. Expect the worst and hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised.

celts32 01-05-2011 04:01 PM

It's impossible to overcome the preseason losses. For my 2 seats I lose about $470 on those preseason games. Even if you sell every game you won't make that up. Myself...I go to about 6 of the games a year so I don't even have the opportunity to make up those losses. I just look at it as the cost of being a season ticket holder. If you go through with it do it because you love the team and want to own season tickets. If it's purely an investement then it's a bad one...

newticketholder 01-06-2011 12:33 PM

thanks for all the info guys. At this point I'm just sending out a feeler if anyone is interested in purchasing the entire season package from me. Please contact me if interested... Thanks

hooskins 01-06-2011 09:15 PM

[quote=celts32;775454]It's impossible to overcome the preseason losses. For my 2 seats I lose about $470 on those preseason games. Even if you sell every game you won't make that up. Myself...I go to about 6 of the games a year so I don't even have the opportunity to make up those losses. I just look at it as the cost of being a season ticket holder. If you go through with it do it because you love the team and want to own season tickets. If it's purely an investement then it's a bad one...[/quote]

If you could make money on the tickets the team wouldnt sell them to you for that price.

tygarcia 01-07-2011 12:30 AM

If anyone is going to sell Dallas tickets for 2011 i would be intersted. Will be flying in from San Antonio to see my first game in FedEX staduim. I had been going to every game in Texas Staduim but when they tripled prices in the new Cowboys staduim I refuse to go!!!!! I would be intersted in 2 tickets

newticketholder 01-09-2011 11:49 AM

Here are the Home opponents for Washington in 2011. Looks like some great games to attend. Accepting all offers for my season tickets.

Home
San Francisco 49ers
Arizona Cardinals
New England Patriots
New York Jets
Minnesota Vikings
Dalla Cowboys
Philadelphia Eagles
New York Giants