Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   NFL Draft Central (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/)
-   -   This Just In---Andrew Luck To Stay At Stanford (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/40894-this-just-andrew-luck-stay-stanford.html)

skinsfan57 01-06-2011 02:46 PM

This Just In---Andrew Luck To Stay At Stanford

ESPN says Andrew Luck not coming out.

Ruhskins 01-06-2011 02:48 PM

Re: This Just In---Andrew Luck To Stay At Stanford

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5995754]Andrew Luck skipping NFL draft, will return to Stanford Cardinal - ESPN[/url]

I wonder who the Panthers will take now...

Lotus 01-06-2011 02:49 PM

Doggone it. Not that I thought that we would get him, but his presence may have pushed better QB's down towards us.

Good for Luck, though, in valuing his college experience.

SkinzWin 01-06-2011 02:50 PM

That's okay, we will get him next year....

GMScud 01-06-2011 02:51 PM

He's an idiot. Jake Locker could have been the #1 overall pick last year ($50M guaranteed), and now there's a chance he may not even go until very late in the 1st round. He lost tens of millions of dollars for what? A season in which he regressed playing for a lousy team.

Andrew Luck is holding on to a $50M (at least) lottery ticket. He's foolish for not cashing it ASAP, especially with Harbaugh leaving. He can always go back to Stanford and finish his degree.

Alvin Walton 01-06-2011 02:53 PM

[quote=Lotus;775716]Doggone it. Not that I thought that we would get him, but his presence may have pushed better QB's down towards us.

Good for Luck, though, in valuing his college experience.[/quote]

Yep, the push down factor may have screwed us a bit.

SkinzWin 01-06-2011 02:57 PM

[quote=GMScud;775719]He's an idiot. Jake Locker could have been the #1 overall pick last year ($50M guaranteed), and now there's a chance he may not even go until very late in the 1st round. He lost tens of millions of dollars for what? A season in which he regressed playing for a lousy team.

Andrew Luck is holding on to a $50M (at least) lottery ticket. He's foolish for not cashing it ASAP,[B] especially with Harbaugh leaving.[/B] He can always go back to Stanford and finish his degree.[/quote]

Rumor has it Harbaugh is staying...

CRedskinsRule 01-06-2011 02:58 PM

[quote=GMScud;775719]He's an idiot. Jake Locker could have been the #1 overall pick last year ($50M guaranteed), and now there's a chance he may not even go until very late in the 1st round. He lost tens of millions of dollars for what? A season in which he regressed playing for a lousy team.

Andrew Luck is holding on to a $50M (at least) lottery ticket. He's foolish for not cashing it ASAP, especially with Harbaugh leaving. He can always go back to Stanford and finish his degree.[/quote]

This. Between the specter of a looming rookie salary cap, and his "guaranteed" #1 overall pick by the panthers, he is forfeiting far more than the value of a 4th year of college. I am not even implying that the education isn't inherently valuable, but it can be gained at many points in the future, he will not see 50Mill+ next year regardless of where he is picked.

I bet the Panthers are officially irked.

SkinzWin 01-06-2011 03:01 PM

I wouldn't want to play for the Panthers either. lol

Mattyk 01-06-2011 03:02 PM

Wow, he's going to lose out on a lot of $$

You can always finish up school later, gotta cash in while you can.

ArtMonkDrillz 01-06-2011 03:07 PM

[quote=SkinzWin;775727]Rumor has it Harbaugh is staying...[/quote]I'm not surprised now. I kind of figured that if one of them left than so would the other and vise versa. Then again, I still could be wrong.

skinsfaninok 01-06-2011 03:08 PM

[quote=SkinzWin;775730]I wouldn't want to play for the Panthers either. lol[/quote]

That's what they said about the Rams, anything is possible.. I'd take the cash in a heartbeat.. Sam stayed at OU when he could have been the Number 1 pick, he got hurt in the first game the following season... He was very lucky last year due to the horrible QB class.

JoeRedskin 01-06-2011 03:09 PM

Dumb move by Luck. Lienart did this in 2005 and went from sure No. 1 to the 10th pick in 2006 - Lost (literally) millions. Plus, as a second contract is no guarrantee, play your winning lottery ticket and then go back to school (or do it in the off season, part-time, etc.)

SkinzWin 01-06-2011 03:10 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;775737]That's what they said about the Rams, anything is possible.. I'd take the cash in a heartbeat.. Sam stayed at OU when he could have been the Number 1 pick, he got hurt in the first game the following season... He was very lucky last year due to the horrible QB class.[/quote]

He is also somewhere between mediocre and freaking really good on the QB scale. You can probably place where he is on that scale. That might have something to do with it. I think he'd look mighty fine in Burgundy and Gold myself...

SmootSmack 01-06-2011 03:10 PM

[quote=Mattyk;775731]Wow, he's going to lose out on a lot of $$

You can always finish up school later, gotta cash in while you can.[/quote]

Rookie cap may kick in for this year's draft. He wouldn't have known before he had to declare anyway