Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Shawn Springs (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=4139)

illdefined 12-13-2004 09:42 AM

Shawn Springs

if anyone hears anything, on local news or something please post it.

Springs has definitely been the silent hero of our defense this year. he did everything he was asked of, single covering recievers to allow for our frequent blitzing and doing some of the blitzing himself. he's played selflessly and aggressively (something Champ always balked at) and got totally drowned out by the stories of Taylor, Pierce the Dline and the sound of Smoot's trash talking.

at the beginning of the year i predicted he'd be the most important guy on the defense, and i think he was, staying healthy and consistently blanketing the no.1 air threat allowing for Williams and the no-namers to do their thing. he laid it all on the line and clearly made us the winner of the Champ/Portis trade. hoping he comes back to us soon.

MTK 12-13-2004 09:43 AM

All we know right now is he has a concussion, and a pretty nasty one at that I'm assuming.

Shane 12-13-2004 12:13 PM

Our prayers are with Shawn as he recovers. He is a true Redskin and a great guy and an excellent player.

That hit he took was vicious and unnecessary. It may have been legal, but that guy who did it didn't need to hit Shawn like that.

Gmanc711 12-13-2004 12:27 PM

[QUOTE=Shane]That hit he took was vicious and unnecessary. It may have been legal, but that guy who did it didn't need to hit Shawn like that.[/QUOTE]

I hate the Eagles, but common. Thats football. Its not like Springs was 50 yards away either, he was on his way to McNabb. I respectfully disagree, I think he was just thorwing a block. Thats a block football players dream of. The result isnt what you dream of, but the hit is.

Best Wishes to Shawn! I'm assuming he will be gone for the year, but I hope its not a type of concussion that will hinder his career.

Sammy Baugh Fan 12-13-2004 01:18 PM

That was a HELMET to HELMET hit and the eagle should be fined by the NFL.
Hey, a hit is a hit but if you look you can see the guy drive his helmet into the side of the head of Springs long before his shoulder makes any contact.

Flag or not that should be a fine.

peace

cpayne5 12-13-2004 01:24 PM

The commentators kept raving about that guy's block earlier in the game. I really didn't understand why they thought it was such a great block. He hit Ryan Clark, knocked him off balance, but didn't even put him on the ground. It was pretty weak if you ask me. Yet, according to them, it was great.

aehs77 12-13-2004 01:53 PM

the hit was legal. i hate to say it but it's true. But i will say if say, sean taylor had done it he probably would have been suspended for the year

Redskins_P 12-13-2004 02:08 PM

I really hope Shawn Springs is ok. Hopefully he can finish the season, but I wouldn't be surprised if he sat out for the last 3 games.

cpayne5 12-13-2004 02:27 PM

I don't mind the hit either. Sean Taylor hit somebody in a very similar way up in Pitt a few weeks ago. The guy got up though.

MTK 12-13-2004 02:31 PM

[QUOTE=cpayne5]The commentators kept raving about that guy's block earlier in the game. I really didn't understand why they thought it was such a great block. He hit Ryan Clark, knocked him off balance, but didn't even put him on the ground. It was pretty weak if you ask me. Yet, according to them, it was great.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I don't know what they were crowing about either. He just grazed him, it could have been a great hit and I think they decided to talk it up like it was. It really wasn't anything special.

I'm surprised on the Springs hit they didn't give any mention to Washington who drilled McNabb out of bounds on the same play.

sportscurmudgeon 12-13-2004 04:43 PM

Matty:

If McNabb had not gotten up from that hit, there would have been a lot to say about it. But with two big hits on the same play and one of them requiring a cart to come on the field to remove an immobilized player, the other hit takes a backseat.

Someone said the if Taylor had made that hit he'd be suspended for a year. Maybe, maybe not.

But if Taylor had made that hit, there would be a dozen people on here claiming that he was a beast and that he was great. So why isn't Parry a beast too...?

illdefined 12-13-2004 05:03 PM

as much as i hated to see it, didn't seem particularly dirty. not even classless like when Trotter decks the kicker on his blindside on special teams then starts celebrating.

it was a brutal, physical game on both sides, thats why it was so fun to watch, and why some of us were happy to see the Skins give some licks and not just take some from the NFC's best team.

MTK 12-13-2004 05:41 PM

[QUOTE=sportscurmudgeon]Matty:

If McNabb had not gotten up from that hit, there would have been a lot to say about it. But with two big hits on the same play and one of them requiring a cart to come on the field to remove an immobilized player, the other hit takes a backseat.

Someone said the if Taylor had made that hit he'd be suspended for a year. Maybe, maybe not.

But if Taylor had made that hit, there would be a dozen people on here claiming that he was a beast and that he was great. So why isn't Parry a beast too...?[/QUOTE]
I was just wondering why they didn't mention Washington's hit since it would have added to their commentary on how hard hitting the game was.

bedlamVR 12-13-2004 07:18 PM

Its jyut a thought but it seemed more physical out there yesterday, is it Gibbs hate playing the Eagles more than say even the Cowboys since the body bag game

JWsleep 12-14-2004 03:44 AM

[QUOTE=sportscurmudgeon]

But if Taylor had made that hit, there would be a dozen people on here claiming that he was a beast and that he was great. So why isn't Parry a beast too...?[/QUOTE]

Because we are REDSKINS FANS. Is it all supposed to be rational and logical here? C'mon!!! Our guys wear burgundy and gold, their guys wear puke green. Etc.. Etc...

MTK 12-14-2004 08:18 AM

It was a nasty hit, I don't think anyone is denying that.

I guess we need to fawn over our opposition just like we do to our Skins players just to be fair.