Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Portis and Taylor were fined. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=4152)

Daseal 12-13-2004 10:04 PM

Portis and Taylor were fined.

"Portis and Taylor wore all-red socks for the second successive game. They were fined $5,000 each for wearing them in last week in a 31-7 victory against the New York Giants."

5K a piece for burgandy socks. That's outragous!
[url]http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20041212_PHI@WAS[/url]
at the bottom of that article

Gmanc711 12-13-2004 10:15 PM

The NO FUN LEAGUE! I'm glad the league had the b*lls to fine EVERYONE. Keep wearing them Portis/Taylor! THe hell with the league.

jamf 12-13-2004 11:12 PM

portis and taylor are stupid...

they got fined for wearing a different "uniform" from what the team notified the league it would wear. that day gibbs told the game officials they would wear white jerseys, burgandy pants and white stripe socks.

they wont get fined for this weeks uniform. they all had the same one.

jbcjr14 12-14-2004 08:23 AM

Good, those idiots deserve to be fined. I can't believe Gibbs allows that shizit to go on. The old Joe would make em ride the pine for violating the league policy.

MTK 12-14-2004 08:28 AM

who cares, it's the uniform police we're talking about here.

I thought the entire team was wearing red socks this week, why are these guys getting fined again?

Daseal 12-14-2004 08:55 AM

The entire team had red bottoms white tops, I don't think these two had this. Either way, it's absolutely ridiculous. How many people besides dorks like us would realize, "HEY, THEY'RE WEARING RED SOCKS!" if they were wearing Bronco Orange socks, then I see. Still. stupid.

cpayne5 12-14-2004 09:01 AM

It's really no surprise they were fined. The NFL has been doing this for a long long time.

MTK 12-14-2004 09:06 AM

It's not a surprise at all, it's still silly but whatever, it's not my 5K.

Summo 12-14-2004 09:12 AM

That's what makes the NFL the NFL. They want a professional look and not have a free for all like you have in college. I think Portis and Taylor made the uniforms look like an Arena team.

illdefined 12-14-2004 09:30 AM

its the NFL's attempt of keeping the teams, teams and not creating WWF style 'superstars' within the game. they can only use visors to play themselves up.

i thought it looked great, Portis looked like a track star, and loved how Sean backed him up. a little shakeup like that now and then is wonderful just like last year's white on whites.

Gmanc711 12-14-2004 09:38 AM

Why wouldnt they wear them again? So much got contributed to that from the Giants game, that maybe they thought it was good luck. Plus it looks really bad ass! I hope they keep wearing them, and I'm glad alot of other guys got on board. Its sorta a unity thing, I think.

Daseal 12-14-2004 12:14 PM

So, I guess you guys are all for when the NFL fined the hell out of Peyton Manning when he wore hightops like Unitas one week. It was for some special Unitas celebration and they fined him. Or for Jake Plummer for leaving Tillmans' number on the back of his helmet.

These fines are ridiculous.

Gmanc711 12-14-2004 12:27 PM

They are. They wear somthing as a tribute to someone, or a way to show some team unity and then they fine them? What the hell is that! Its not like they need the extra money.

cpayne5 12-14-2004 12:44 PM

I think all the fine money actually goes to charity, but that's beside the point.

I don't like most of the fines for wardrobe infractions all that much either, but the NFL has had these standards for many years and all the players know what will happen if they break the dress code.

Summo 12-14-2004 02:45 PM

The NFL also fined Deion this season for wearing a pair of Nike ID cleats with his old number 21 on them. This all goes back to the whole Jim McMahon vs Pete Rozelle thing during the Bears Super Bowl season. For you young guy's I'll fill you in. During that season Pete Rozelle fined Jim McMahon (The QB of the Bears) for wearing a Addidas head band. At the time Addidas wasn't an approved supplier for the NFL. In response to the fine, being the prankster that he was, McMahon wore a headband with Rozelle's name on it and told him to fine him for that. Also during the Super Bowl he kept changing head bands that charity orginazations sent him form all over the country, one around his head and one around his neck.