Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Eagles fans rated as worst in America (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=41836)

MTK 03-18-2011 10:45 AM

Eagles fans rated as worst in America

Tell us something we didn't already know

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/18/eagles-fans-rated-as-worst-in-america/]Eagles fans rated as worst in America | ProFootballTalk[/url]

mlmdub130 03-18-2011 10:51 AM

Re: Eagles fans rated as worst in America

love this: [quote]
12. Dallas Cowboys
Deluded Trash-Talkers

The swaggering diaspora of Dallas fans insufferably mouth off about the invincibility of "America's Team," as if they're rooting for our entire country and not a franchise that has won two playoff games in the past fifteen years. To set the record straight: The nickname came from a 1978 Cowboys highlight reel, not some edict from Uncle Sam. And they've sworn their allegiance to a front-running team that isn't even good enough to run up front anymore.

Read More [url=http://www.gq.com/sports/lists/201104/worst-sports-fans-in-america#ixzz1GxkcLxWb]The Worst Sports Fans in America: Lists: GQ[/url][/quote]

surprised that wvu was number three, it's not anywhere near as bad as it used to be at mountaineer games anymore

MTK 03-18-2011 10:53 AM

Deluded Trash-Talkers... perfect

NC_Skins 03-18-2011 11:08 AM

[quote=Mattyk;789593]Tell us something we didn't already know[/quote]

Exactly.

TIFOSOdeiREDSKINS 03-18-2011 11:31 AM

i love how it's unequivocally "worst".

not "craziest", "most passionate", "most badass" fans, or any of those other faux superlatives eagles fans attempt to pride themselves on. just "worst", and that sounds about right to me!

over the mountain 03-18-2011 11:43 AM

I was at U of Md when a random bonfire, burning crazy extrazaganza thing busted out. The flames were so high they were reaching power lines and you could hear this loud electronic crackle.

But that had to be before '01 b/c my brother and HS buddies graduated in '01 and by '99 they all had moved miles away from the campus right around tick tock liqs. Dang, that '01 event must have been mammoth b/c the one I saw was huge and wasnt even mentioned.

Monkeydad 03-18-2011 12:01 PM

This is not news.

Alvin Walton 03-18-2011 12:15 PM

:Flush:

A well deserved honor.

jdlea 03-18-2011 12:22 PM

I'm surprised Ravens fans aren't on this list

Ruhskins 03-18-2011 01:47 PM

[quote=over the mountain;789621]I was at U of Md when a random bonfire, burning crazy extrazaganza thing busted out. The flames were so high they were reaching power lines and you could hear this loud electronic crackle.

But that had to be before '01 b/c my brother and HS buddies graduated in '01 and by '99 they all had moved miles away from the campus right around tick tock liqs. Dang, that '01 event must have been mammoth b/c the one I saw was huge and wasnt even mentioned.[/quote]

The first couple of riots/bonfires were not much national news I think. It was pretty crazy, I graduated in '01.

FRPLG 03-18-2011 01:49 PM

Good list. Well done GQ.

skinsfaninok 03-18-2011 02:27 PM

LSU fans look fine to me

Dirtbag59 03-18-2011 02:44 PM

How DARE THEY...how DARREEEEEEEEEEEEEE THEY put in any SEC fans. SEC fans are the best in da countery. Maybe their just mad becuz the SEC done win everyThing except the science and academic bowls!

Seriously though the Heat are worse then Laker fans. Their transgressions include not showing up for a playoff series last year and having numerous empty seats on TV for big time nationally televised games against elite NBA teams for at least the first two Quarters.

Ruhskins 03-18-2011 02:48 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;789642]LSU fans look fine to me[/quote]

I second that.

MonkFan4Life 03-18-2011 04:20 PM

Yeah that LSU shick on the left had some lovely ones there ! And I swear they were right about MD fans, well not all fo them but the dicks that feel they have to burn shit up. I love the shout out to the fans of Duke. As a fan they do bitch a bit too much but I'm glad they do that it makes the game fun. At least they keep profanity out of the chants !