Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   NFL Draft Central (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/)
-   -   Mark Ingram at #10? (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/41922-mark-ingram-at-10-a.html)

Mattyk 03-28-2011 10:48 AM

Mark Ingram at #10?

[quote]While Mike Shanahan has a reputation for finding unheralded running backs, I have a hunch that heíll have a hard time passing on Alabamaís Mark Ingram with the No. 10 pick if Ingram is available. The Redskins donít have third- and fourth-round picks, and I could envision a first-round scenario in which that leads them to Ingram.

[URL="http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4694305/quick-hit-thoughts-around-nfl-pats-50"]Quick-hit thoughts around NFL & Pats - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston[/URL][/quote]

Thoughts on this possibility?

The guy is a stud and we definitely need another RB, but at #10 I think we have other more pressing needs.

SmootSmack 03-28-2011 10:51 AM

Re: Mark Ingram at #10?

Can't see it happening. Doesn't fit Shanahan's pattern with RBs anyway. I think they're going D (still think Robert Quinn) if they stay at #10

SBXVII 03-28-2011 11:20 AM

I'm in no way saying our RB's we have now are studs especially after one year, but I personally think the RB's we have now can get the job done and be beasts if given the chance. However it all starts up front. The teams OL didn't block well. Mybe because it was the first year in a zone blocking scheme or the team just doesn't have the players right now for a zone blocking scheme but the blocking could have been better for both the run and the passing.

I'd rather see the team drop out of the 10th pick to aquire more picks. I've started picking up all the "Draft" magazines and honestly I don't like any one of their ideas 100% but each one brings about some good ideas.

For whatever reason when I hear "we need a RB" or "I hope they take (whoever) at RB" I cringe. I think we can survive with what we have,and pick up: QB, NT, OL, WR, LB/DE, CB. I forget how many picks we have. Hopefully they bring in a ton of UDFA's.

Eknox 03-28-2011 11:22 AM

we have to go Paea or Phil Taylor this is a big need to plug the defensive middle.

Mattyk 03-28-2011 11:24 AM

[quote=Eknox;790914]we have to go Paea or Phil Taylor this is a big need to plug the defensive middle.[/quote]

At #10?

celts32 03-28-2011 11:35 AM

I have heard Ingram compared to Emmit Smith...although Smith was obviously a great player if i am going to spend the #10 pick on a RB Smith is not the comparison I want that RB to have. Basically I would want a homerun threat in the Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson mold for that high of a pick.

I agree the pick is probably defense but i would also spend it on a QB if there was one on the board with a high enough Shanny grade on him.

SkinzWin 03-28-2011 11:40 AM

THat would be the worst move ever for us. Paea or Taylor at 10 would be just as bad. There is no chance any of those three go at #10. Mods are free to go ahead and lock this thread, lol.... all done here.

Eknox 03-28-2011 11:45 AM

[quote=Mattyk;790915]At #10?[/quote] If we don't get a capable tackle, our defense will be swiss cheese again. I say do like Jacksonville did last year, get the guy that will help your team the most and get the most out of the 1st pick. Just curious, do you like the Ingram pick better? If were going to reach at 10 take the tackle.

Eknox 03-28-2011 11:47 AM

[quote=SkinzWin;790922]THat would be the worst move ever for us. Paea or Taylor at 10 would be just as bad. There is no chance any of those three go at #10. Mods are free to go ahead and lock this thread, lol.... all done here.[/quote]
Oh yeah Von Miller will be there at 10....NOT!

Chico23231 03-28-2011 11:48 AM

Ingram at 10, no way...needs/best player available for us at ten is not Ingram

skinster 03-28-2011 11:48 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;790909]Can't see it happening. Doesn't fit Shanahan's pattern with RBs anyway. I think they're going D (still think Robert Quinn) if they stay at #10[/quote]

I agree that it doesn't fit his patterns with RB's. I do not think we will draft a RB in the 1st at all. But I do think Shanny is capable of doing it. Supposedly if Cutler wasn't available he was going to draft Maroney.

Eknox 03-28-2011 11:50 AM

This is my opinion every year they say, this is too high to pick this guy or that guy, only to see guys that played very well and have the skills slide to the good teams at the bottom and produce more than a lot of the top picks. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick remember? So I say if we like a guy **** a draft grade, especially if we are running a 3-4 with no NT.

Mattyk 03-28-2011 11:55 AM

[quote=Eknox;790923]If we don't get a capable tackle, our defense will be swiss cheese again. I say do like Jacksonville did last year, get the guy that will help your team the most and get the most out of the 1st pick. Just curious, do you like the Ingram pick better? If were going to reach at 10 take the tackle.[/quote]

I just don't like Taylor at #10. Not when we have other needs and there will be better players on the board there. Along with a NT we need another pass rusher to really make the 3-4 work. I'd rather take a LB/DE at #10.

GhettoDogAllStars 03-28-2011 12:02 PM

My dream draft would be Von Miller at 10 and Dalton in the 2nd.

Imagine Orakpo and Miller on the outside -- sick.

SkinzWin 03-28-2011 12:06 PM

[quote=Eknox;790923]If we don't get a capable tackle, our defense will be swiss cheese again. I say do like Jacksonville did last year, get the guy that will help your team the most and get the most out of the 1st pick. Just curious, do you like the Ingram pick better? [B]If were going to reach at 10[/B] take the tackle.[/quote]

Don't reach at #10. We have enough other holes to fill we can get someone who is a good pick at #10. Reaching is the worst thing we could possibly do.