Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mark Ingram at #10? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=41922)

Lotus 03-28-2011 12:27 PM

Re: Mark Ingram at #10?

[quote=Eknox;790923]If we don't get a capable tackle, our defense will be swiss cheese again. I say do like Jacksonville did last year, get the guy that will help your team the most and get the most out of the 1st pick. Just curious, do you like the Ingram pick better? If were going to reach at 10 take the tackle.[/quote]

I agree about the NT need. The thing is, if we played our cards right we might be able to get a player at #10 AND still get Taylor or Paea.

As to the question of the thread, I would love to have Ingram. But at #10 I'd rather feed the front.

diehard 03-28-2011 12:29 PM

Ingram is good value at 10th still, there's no need for a stud RB without an OL.

30gut 03-28-2011 01:48 PM

[quote]While Mike Shanahan has a reputation for finding unheralded running backs, I have a hunch that he’ll have a hard time passing on Alabama’s Mark Ingram with the No. 10 pick if Ingram is available.[/quote]
Wait, what?

Mike Shanahan has success with mid to late round RBs therefore he'll draft a RB at 10 even though Kyle ,the OC, is a pass first coordinator with a 60/40 pass run ration and a WR will likely be available at 10?

Dirtbag59 03-28-2011 04:12 PM

If anything they've been looking at both 2nd round and 4th round prospects at Running Back. Looking at Ingram seems like nothing more then due diligence if that. I mean he would be nice to have but I wouldn't think we'd be ready for a championship run before we wear him down. Funny thing is if this was the 70's or early 80's Ingram would be a lock to be the number one pick.

tryfuhl 03-28-2011 04:19 PM

[quote=SkinzWin;790922]THat would be the worst move ever for us. Paea or Taylor at 10 would be just as bad. There is no chance any of those three go at #10. Mods are free to go ahead and lock this thread, lol.... all done here.[/quote]

Considering that the owner/admin started the thread...

44ever 03-28-2011 04:27 PM

[quote=SkinzWin;790922]THat would be the worst move ever for us. Paea or Taylor at 10 would be just as bad. There is no chance any of those three go at #10. Mods are free to go ahead and lock this thread, lol.... all done here.[/quote]

Because there are soooo many other things to discuss this off season right now right?

I actually would not object to the idea of taking a stud RB at 10. The way I see it is, if we can score more, then we need less of a dominate defense.

Plus it would add more action to our losses.

Redskin Jim 03-28-2011 04:29 PM

[quote=Mattyk;790908]Thoughts on this possibility?

The guy is a stud and we definitely need another RB, but at #10 I think we have other more pressing needs.[/quote]

I would rather try to snag Kendall from OKst in the 2nd or 3rd. I dont think picking a RB at #10 will make the most impact on the field for us. I don't think a QB at 10 will be there that is worth the pick either (I see busts people, EVERYWHERE)... I would hope for a dynamic pass rusher or corner, maybe a WR if Jones or Green was available.

BuckSkin 03-28-2011 04:35 PM

[quote=44ever;790988]Because there are soooo many other things to discuss this off season right now right?

I actually would not object to the idea of taking a stud RB at 10. The way I see it is, if we can score more, then we need less of a dominate defense.

Plus it would add more action to our losses.[/quote]

Watch it 44ever, you're starting to sound like a Big10 man. Heh, heh-- I knew you would come around. The ole 3 yards and a cloud of dust play.

freddyg12 03-28-2011 04:47 PM

Ingram is a great player, I thought of E. Smith too as somebody mentioned earlier. That said, he's a good prospect but not a once in a decade rb. For us to take a rb at 10 he'd have to be special. I see Ingram as a good, potentially great nfl player, but not a great enough prospect for this team to take at 10 given the defensive talent in the draft.

skinsfaninok 03-28-2011 05:55 PM

NO chance for Ingram at 10, that would be the worst case scenario for us.. ATV and K.W can carry the load for another season

Paintrain 03-28-2011 06:23 PM

We have 4 bigger needs on offense than RB at QB, WR, RG and C. I'm content with Torrain/Williams unless we pick up a speed back in the 5th or so. I'd love for a Miami or NE to trade up with us for the #10 to grab Ingram but would be pretty annoyed if we made a move for him there.

skinsfaninok 03-28-2011 06:25 PM

Shanny never takes a RB in the first

44ever 03-28-2011 07:17 PM

[quote=BuckSkin;790992]Watch it 44ever, you're starting to sound like a Big10 man. Heh, heh-- I knew you would come around. The ole 3 yards and a cloud of dust play.[/quote]

LOL, at this point I'm just hoping to see football played. I also am not totally convinced our "needs" are as desperate as they seem. What I think is if our current team sees a spark anywhere the team as a whole will step up. Until now all we have seen is drama, drama, drama.

Big names like DM have let us down, Haynesworth, Portis "injuries" switch to 3-4, another new coach(s) , ect... I say we have great talent on this team. what we need is time to adapt and settle in.

Do we have some holes to fill? yes but not as many as some have suggested. IMO.

A solid QB,WR,RB combo can do amazing things for team. Even ignite a defense.

SkinzWin 03-28-2011 07:31 PM

[quote=tryfuhl;790986]Considering that the owner/admin started the thread...[/quote]

LOL... That was my "playful ribbing" line I could have said this thread sounds like it'd be started by Ace...

NC_Skins 03-28-2011 07:35 PM

Even if you did pick him with the #10 spot, who the hell would open the running lanes up in between the tackles? A RB at the #10 spot is a horrible choice for a team with so many needs. Our DL needs some serious upgrades.