Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Updated Title: 8th Circuit Court Grants Stay, Lockout Reinstated (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=42165)

SmootSmack 04-27-2011 09:39 PM

Updated Title: 8th Circuit Court Grants Stay, Lockout Reinstated

Could this mean the lockout is over?

mbedner3420 04-27-2011 09:51 PM

re: Updated Title: 8th Circuit Court Grants Stay, Lockout Reinstated

Can you link to an article or anything?

Ruhskins 04-27-2011 09:51 PM

Teams better take advantage of this now. They could easily use 2010 rules so they can sign free agents and/or trade currently signed players. Personally they should not bother with tendered players since their status could change with a new CBA. I'm sure many teams would rather go into the draft having had the opportunity to have a short free agency period.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G using Tapatalk

mbedner3420 04-27-2011 09:53 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;796102]Teams better take advantage of this now. They could easily use 2010 rules so they can sign free agents and/or trade currently signed players. Personally they should not bother with tendered players since their status could change with a new CBA. I'm sure many teams would rather go into the draft having had the opportunity to have a short free agency period.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G using Tapatalk[/quote]

2010 rules blow so hard though...

Most of the FA are older than what we need to rebuild the roster.

skinsfaninok 04-27-2011 09:55 PM

Thank u

SOUL-SKINS 04-27-2011 09:56 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;796102]Teams better take advantage of this now. They could easily use 2010 rules so they can sign free agents and/or trade currently signed players. Personally they should not bother with tendered players since their status could change with a new CBA. I'm sure many teams would rather go into the draft having had the opportunity to have a short free agency period.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G using Tapatalk[/quote]

Per Adam S. Judge Nelson says no free agents can be signed??! Wtf. Why not ?!

mbedner3420 04-27-2011 09:56 PM

[quote=mbedner3420;796101]Can you link to an article or anything?[/quote]

Nevermind. Just crossed PFT - [url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/27/nelson-denies-nfl-request-for-stay-on-ruling/]Nelson denies NFL request for stay on ruling | ProFootballTalk[/url]

SmootSmack 04-27-2011 09:58 PM

[quote=SOUL-SKINS;796106]Per Adam S. Judge Nelson says no free agents can be signed??! Wtf. Why not ?![/quote]

That's not true. Free agents can be signed, teams just don't have to sign free agents. I suppose that's kind of always been the case though

SOUL-SKINS 04-27-2011 10:01 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;796108]That's not true. Free agents can be signed, teams just don't have to sign free agents. I suppose that's kind of always been the case though[/quote]

Ohhhh. I mis-understood. Thank you sir.

skinsfaninok 04-27-2011 10:03 PM

From what Im hearing on Espnews Andrew Brandt is saying the league year has not started yet and may not

SmootSmack 04-27-2011 10:04 PM

I just want to know if we'll be able to introduce Robert Quinn AND Vince Young tomorrow night?

mbedner3420 04-27-2011 10:06 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;796112]I just want to know if we'll be able to introduce Robert Quinn AND Vince Young tomorrow night?[/quote]

My god I hope that is a joke.

Ruhskins 04-27-2011 10:06 PM

[QUOTE=mbedner3420;796103]2010 rules blow so hard though...

Most of the FA are older than what we need to rebuild the roster.[/QUOTE]

They do suck but the league will likely not go back to the the old CBA rules. I would imagine that the easiest thin to do is to go back to 2010 rules. A one day free agency period would alow us to unload McNabb and maybe AH (for close to nothing most likely for AH).

SFREDSKIN 04-27-2011 10:07 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;796112]I just want to know if we'll be able to introduce Robert Quinn AND Vince Young tomorrow night?[/quote]

Yes to Quinn, no to Young.

skinsfaninok 04-27-2011 10:07 PM

Lmao screw u SS

MTK 04-27-2011 10:08 PM

Let's get free agency started already!

SmootSmack 04-27-2011 10:13 PM

[quote=mbedner3420;796113]My god I hope that is a joke.[/quote]

Cam Jordan and Matt Hasselbeck?

JJ Watt and Christian Ponder and Ryan Harris and Davin Joseph?

Counter-Tre 04-27-2011 10:15 PM

I'm still as confused as ever. Can we offer up players in exchange for draft picks? What are the rules for tomorrow?

mbedner3420 04-27-2011 10:16 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;796119]Cam Jordan and Matt Hasselbeck?

JJ Watt and Christian Ponder and Ryan Harris and Davin Joseph?[/quote]

I've been saying from day one I want Jake Locker. I'll be disappointed if he isn't in burgundy and gold by the end of the weekend...

skinsfaninok 04-27-2011 10:18 PM

Ok now youve lost it :)

SmootSmack 04-27-2011 10:20 PM

Wait a minute here comes the showstopper

Aldon Smith and....wait for it.....drumroll please....we'll have the next name...right after the break...and we're back....Alex Smith

Swarley 04-27-2011 10:20 PM

Schefters tweet regarding free agents

Adam Schefter
"Judge ordered NFL to start its league year immediately, but said no team is obligated to sign free agents. Trades in question."

interesting

skinsfaninok 04-27-2011 10:23 PM

If We sign alex smith ill boycott the season my self

Lotus 04-27-2011 10:28 PM

[quote=GreekSkin;796124]Schefters tweet regarding free agents

Adam Schefter
"Judge ordered NFL to start its league year immediately, but said no team is obligated to sign free agents. Trades in question."

interesting[/quote]

I wonder how long teams can do nothing before the league is considered to be in contempt.

Lotus 04-27-2011 10:29 PM

[B]JJ Watt and Christian Ponder and Ryan Harris and Davin Joseph?[/B][/quote]

We have a winner!

Dirtbag59 04-27-2011 10:33 PM

Are you sure we can get Ryan Harris?

[url=http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chicago-bears-huddle/2011/03/report-broncos-free-agent-offensive-tackle-ryan-harris-was-almost-a-bear-in-2010.html]Report: Broncos’ Free Agent Offensive Tackle Ryan Harris Was Almost a Bear in 2010 - Chicago Bears Huddle[/url]

mbedner3420 04-27-2011 10:35 PM

If the redskins pick up those free agents, thats fine with me...but I'd like for them to be protecting Jake locker next year.

musicmaster45 04-27-2011 10:38 PM

Hey so can we trade McNabb and Stainsworth? That could add a few picks. Along with trading down 12 picks :)

artmonkforhallofamein07 04-27-2011 10:39 PM

The question is whether or not any team wold sign any agents as they would be crossing some kind of "party line". Are the politics of this as such that they would stand united in not signing any guys until the labor agreement is in place.

It is interesting as it would give a team reading to break party lines first dibs on the best FA.

Dirtbag59 04-27-2011 10:43 PM

[quote=musicmaster45;796132]Hey so can we trade McNabb and Stainsworth? That could add a few picks. Along with trading down 12 picks :)[/quote]

McNabb...maybe. Haynesworth? Here I have a used car. All it needs is new transmission. Believe it or not teams aren't very interested in raiding the Redskins roster.

mbedner3420 04-27-2011 10:45 PM

[quote=Dirtbag59;796134]McNabb...maybe. Haynesworth? Here I have a used car. All it needs is new transmission. Believe it or not teams aren't very interested in raiding the Redskins roster.[/quote]

Agreed. Haynesworth will have to be cut. We aren't getting anything for him.

30gut 04-27-2011 10:46 PM

Is Judge Nelson married?
I think I'm in love.

Dirtbag59 04-27-2011 10:49 PM

[quote=30gut;796138]Is Judge Nelson married?
I think I'm in love.[/quote]

Nelson is married to attorney Tom Nelson. She has two sons, Robert and Michael.

Ruhskins 04-27-2011 10:51 PM

[QUOTE=Dirtbag59;796134]McNabb...maybe. Haynesworth? Here I have a used car. All it needs is new transmission. Believe it or not teams aren't very interested in raiding the Redskins roster.[/QUOTE]

One man's trash can be another's treasure.

Lotus 04-27-2011 10:52 PM

[quote=30gut;796138]Is Judge Nelson married?
I think I'm in love.[/quote]

She is married, but you can still stick a credit card in her bra and touch her tittie.

Schneed10 04-27-2011 10:53 PM

[quote=artmonkforhallofamein07;796133]The question is whether or not any team wold sign any agents as they would be crossing some kind of "party line". Are the politics of this as such that they would stand united in not signing any guys until the labor agreement is in place.

It is interesting as it would give a team reading to break party lines first dibs on the best FA.[/quote]

I'm no lawyer, but with my limited understanding, I think such a move to band together and avoid signing free agents would be considered collusion and would violate US antitrust laws.

It's OK if [U]some teams[/U] elect not to sign free agents. But it's not OK if [U]all teams[/U] get together and say hey nobody sign anybody until we get what we want. That's effectively the same thing as locking the players out, which is exactly what they were just ordered to stop doing.

In my view, free agency is open for business NOW. It's just all the NFL teams are looking around for guidance. They're all basically wondering "OK, WTF do we do now?"

Unfortunately for the NFL (and fortunately for us as Redskin fans), the answer is free agency bonanza with no salary cap in place. It's just going to take some time for everyone to realize that.

Dirtbag59 04-27-2011 10:55 PM

All they needed to do was discuss new safety rules and a rookie wage scale. Instead the owners wanted even more money. Even though the split is basically 50-50.

Goodell is to much of a politician. I'm near the breaking point with him. 2 extra games? Banning the 3 point stance?

Schneed10 04-27-2011 10:57 PM

Can you guys do me a favor and keep the annoying banter to a minimum? You're making this thread unnecessarily longer causing me to sift through multiple pages just to read about 5 posts of worthwhile information on the most important topic facing the NFL right now. It's annoying.

And you caused me to add to the length by writing this cranky post. Harumph.

MTK 04-27-2011 10:57 PM

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/27/nfls-flirtation-with-contempt-of-court-intensifies/]NFL’s flirtation with contempt of court intensifies | ProFootballTalk[/url]

Lotus 04-27-2011 10:59 PM

[quote=Schneed10;796144]Can you guys do me a favor and keep the annoying banter to a minimum? You're making this thread unnecessarily longer causing me to sift through multiple pages just to read about 5 posts of worthwhile information on the most important topic facing the NFL right now. It's annoying.

And you caused me to add to the length by writing this cranky post. Harumph.[/quote]

Sorry. Guilty.

Your previous post was dead on. If the NFL is smart, it will decide to impose last year's rules at 8 AM tomorrow. Otherwise the hot water that the teams are in will just get deeper.