Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   NFL Draft Central (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/)
-   -   79th Pick: Leonard Hankerson - WR - Miami (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/42208-79th-pick-leonard-hankerson-wr-miami.html)

Dirtbag59 04-30-2011 12:05 AM

79th Pick: Leonard Hankerson - WR - Miami

[B]15(79) Washington (from Miami) - Leonard Hankerson - WR - Miami (FL)
[/B][YT]WOotNbKUeuM[/YT]
[B]What he brings:[/B] Hankerson stood out at the Senior Bowl and has good size and hands. He has excellent top-end speed to stretch the field, and although he's not the most explosive short-to-intermediate route-runner, he is fluid for his size and can use his frame to shield the ball.

[B]How he fits:[/B] It is amazing that the Redskins could get through the 2010 season with what they had at the WR position. Their only go-to guy is Santana Moss out of the slot, but he is small and might leave in free agency, and after that the cupboard is really thin. This unit might need two receivers and much-needed size. Hankerson will give them a great work ethic and a big target, and while he might not have elite speed, he certainly is an upgrade.

musicmaster45 04-30-2011 12:07 AM

Re: 79th Pick: Leonard Hankerson - WR - Miami

Hope Kelly can finally get his game together and our recievers will be a pimpin core

artmonkforhallofamein07 04-30-2011 12:31 AM

I don't know about that, but they may be better than last year. I am hoping Shanny finds a real diamond in the rough in this draft. Someone like a Brandon Marshall or some of his other great late picks.

I have no faith in Marcus Kelly, and if we are currently sitting here with Athony Armstrong and this rookie as our starters we may have something to worry about,

IrMitchell 04-30-2011 12:36 AM

This is the one pick that I cant even try to justify why so many teams passed him up. Did they not watch this guy just downright dominate for the U this year? He was money during the Senior Bowl.. I mean this guy has it all.

Hankerson dropped the football a lot last year, but hey so did Julio Jones.

Terpfan76 04-30-2011 12:48 AM

[quote=artmonkforhallofamein07;799010]I don't know about that, but they may be better than last year. I am hoping Shanny finds a real diamond in the rough in this draft. Someone like a Brandon Marshall or some of his other great late picks.

I have no faith in Marcus Kelly, and if we are currently sitting here with Athony Armstrong and this rookie as our starters we may have something to worry about,[/quote]

Leonard Hankerson is already our second best receiver if Moss stays and our best if he leaves. I think Hankerson could be an absolute monster if we can protect Rexy. Think about it, what receivers has Rexy ever had as a starter? I'm not for a moment suggesting that Rexy is the answer to our qb needs, but I think he'll be ok for a year, maybe two as we develop our future starter.

Dirtbag59 04-30-2011 01:17 AM

He wears 85 and makes crazy one handed catches. This can't end well for us...though it will certainly end well for his third or fourth team :D

SirClintonPortis 04-30-2011 02:34 AM

[quote=Dirtbag59;799029]He wears 85 and makes crazy one handed catches. This can't end well for us...though it will certainly end well for his third or fourth team :D[/quote]

That Henry Ellard dude wore #85. He was good.

skinsfaninok 04-30-2011 06:07 AM

I think this is the best pick of the whole 2-3 rounds for Any team.. This kid will start day 1

vallin21 04-30-2011 06:52 AM

[B]Huge[/B] Steal; Great value; Many scouts thought he was a sure 2nd pick, some even the 3rd best WR behind Jones. I compare him to Reggie Wayne [url=http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1272283/leonard-hankerson]Leonard Hankerson, Miami (Fla.), NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com[/url] [url=http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/draft/2011/round/3/pick/15]Round 3, Pick 15: Washington Redskins - 2011 NFL Draft - NFL - Sporting News[/url]

Beemnseven 04-30-2011 07:06 AM

Really, really like this pick -- McShay mentioned that he was surprised to see him last this long; projected to go much higher.

I can't remember the last time I was this satisfied with a draft by the Redskins. Trading down, amassing more picks, filling needs. Of course, when you have so many needs, it's hard to be disappointed with the selections.

NM Redskin 04-30-2011 07:51 AM

[YT]dOBsUJk-jLA[/YT]

Beemnseven 04-30-2011 07:59 AM

[quote=NM Redskin;799063][YT]dOBsUJk-jLA[/YT][/quote]

Not a 'showboater' either. Scores a TD, acts like it's no big deal. I like it.

Longtimefan 04-30-2011 08:10 AM

[quote=Beemnseven;799046]Really, really like this pick -- McShay mentioned that he was surprised to see him last this long; projected to go much higher.

I can't remember the last time I was this satisfied with a draft by the Redskins. Trading down, amassing more picks, filling needs. Of course, when you have so many needs, it's hard to be disappointed with the selections.[/quote]

That much is true....and it's highly doubtful the previous watch would have been custodial over this degree of preperation.

It's plain to see this guy has raw talent. His highlight reel ^ is testament.