Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ok, I know playoff talk is silly, but... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=4222)

Paintrain 12-19-2004 04:30 PM

Ok, I know playoff talk is silly, but...

After the 1pm games, with a St. Louis loss, we'd be tied for 1 game back in the NFC playoff race behind Carolina, St. Louis and the winner of the Bucs/Saints game. I know it's far fetched and pathetic to even consider it, but at least the games still have some meaning as bad as it's been this year.

Gmanc711 12-19-2004 04:32 PM

Pathetic to even consider it is right!

Sadly, I'm in your boat and I have actually been rooting pretty hard for some of the teams we need to win.

Gmanc711 12-19-2004 04:40 PM

btw.....
Cardinals 10
Rams 0 1st

:headbange

SmootSmack 12-19-2004 04:53 PM

Of course, the problem is we're competing with the Cardinals as well. It'd be nice if they would just go away. Just think where they could be if they had stuck with McCown for the whole season instead of experimenting with King and Navarre.

Gmanc711 12-19-2004 04:57 PM

[QUOTE=smootsmack]Of course, the problem is we're competing with the Cardinals as well. It'd be nice if they would just go away. Just think where they could be if they had stuck with McCown for the whole season instead of experimenting with King and Navarre.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but we have tiebreakers over Arz due to in conference record.......

..... I cant belive I'm "that guy" considering all this b.s.

la73hof 12-19-2004 05:15 PM

The Redskins would be the best option by far of all the 5-8, 6-7 or 7-7 teams in the NFC.

heybigstar 12-19-2004 05:26 PM

st. louis is about to lose to arizona... they gotta play Philly next monday night,
so im putting them to 6-9, then they could go 6-10., i think we have tb over them anyway... the winner of the bucs saints game will be 6-8, they will play carolina plays the two teams the following weeks and needs to lose to one of those teams... so after week 15, we could end up looking kinda close.. but i remember we had playoff talk before the philly game it got shutdown with a loss to them...

Gmanc711 12-19-2004 05:28 PM

[QUOTE=la73hof]The Redskins would be the best option by far of all the 5-8, 6-7 or 7-7 teams in the NFC.[/QUOTE]

I agree, or the Panthers. I think those two teams would be the best suited to actually be able to compete, although I dont think anyone would be able to make a serious SuperBowl run. Really, no team with a losing record should be in the playoffs, but this happens every now and then. If my some miracle it benifits the Redskins, I'm all for it!

aehs77 12-19-2004 05:37 PM

come on we really have to stop doing this to ourselves

Gmanc711 12-19-2004 05:43 PM

[QUOTE=aehs77]come on we really have to stop doing this to ourselves[/QUOTE]

Common, its just not an NFL season without a few of these! :dallas:

MTK 12-19-2004 05:47 PM

Playoff talk is a little silly, but until we're officially eliminated what the hell.

Gmanc711 12-19-2004 05:50 PM

It is silly, but it really isnt THAT far fetched.....

If this happens today, New Orleans over TB and Arz over St.L
AND
This happens next week, Washington over Dallas, Philly over St.L, TB over Car and Atl over NO.....

We own the last wildcard spot!!!

NO and TB are tied 7-7 and ARZ is up on St.L 17-7. So both of those can go our way, look at next week. The only one that would really be a huge upset would be TB over Car!!! :dallas:

MTK 12-19-2004 05:51 PM

[QUOTE=Gmanc711]It is silly, but it really isnt THAT far fetched.....

If this happens today, New Orleans over TB and Arz over St.L
AND
This happens next week, Washington over Dallas, Philly over St.L, TB over Car and Atl over NO.....

We own the last wildcard spot[/QUOTE]
Ok so let's just say the gods smile on us and somehow we sneak in. We would likely face the winner of the horrible NFC West, the Rams or the Seahawks. Not a bad first round game at all.

Ok I'm done now, back to reality.

Gmanc711 12-19-2004 05:55 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Ok so let's just say the gods smile on us and somehow we sneak in. We would likely face the winner of the horrible NFC West, the Rams or the Seahawks. Not a bad first round game at all.

Ok I'm done now, back to reality.[/QUOTE]

Then you know where were going back to if all that happend.... BACK TO PHILLY!!!

Hell Matty, should I order us a couple of Superbowl Tickets??

CRT3 12-19-2004 06:31 PM

Thank the heavens it is still possible. At least we are starting to Peak so if we get into the playoffs (Jansen returns also) it is quite possible to run the board and get to the big game. :headbange