Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If Pryor entered the supplemental draft would you pick him. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=42499)

NC_Skins 08-14-2011 04:33 PM

Re: If Pryor entered the supplemental draft would you pick him.

[quote=Redskins_2231;823337]I'd use a 3rd round pick on him. If he doesn't pan-out as a QB, he's talented enough to be useful in a "wildcat" package and could even see a few plays a game in the backfield/slot.[/quote]

Vinny is definitely posting from that account. LoL

RedskinMike 08-14-2011 05:42 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;822167]No. He won't be able to be a UDFA if he's not ruled eligible. Teams have to be able to have a chance to draft players on the list to make things even. It's up to the NFL to decide that list of players eligible to be drafted. (all else hit the road)

He wants to be eligible for the supplemental draft so he can play in the NFL this year.

That said, not sure why they wouldn't rule him eligible because Jeremy Jarmon was ruled ineligible due to a failed drug test. Not sure if I see a difference in that and selling gear for cash.[/quote]

Pryor wasn't ruled ineligible, he left on his own accord. That is the debate.

Stuck in TX 08-15-2011 11:19 AM

Taking chances with our draft picks for "bargain players" who have questionable ethic is just as bad as using our draft picks to obtain pro bowlers who we think can get us to a super bowl in one season. Lets use that extra 4th for a reputable contributer and let the Dolphins worry about things such as the wildcat formation, and which 4th string QB they are starting this week.

SmootSmack 08-18-2011 09:47 AM

He was just declared eligible. But he'll serve a 5 game suspension. Draft is on Monday

Chico23231 08-18-2011 09:55 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;824355]He was just declared eligible. But he'll serve a 5 game suspension. Draft is on Monday[/quote]

I think dude is gonna go cheap. I really dont see him as a terrible QB prospect, he needs to sit and learn and could be a decent fit in the Shanny/Kyle scheme.

mlmpetert 08-18-2011 10:37 AM

Yeah hes gonna go real cheap. Its not just a 5 game suspension, the dude cant even practice for the first 5 weeks of the regular season. I wonder if that means he would still eat up a roster spot?

CultBrennan59 08-18-2011 12:01 PM

As much as I don't really want Pryor, I could see him coming here and having our QB's be Beck, Grossman, and Pryor. You have to sit out 8 of your 53 guys anyways, he can be one to sit for 5 weeks, and he's fast, so he can bootleg very well in our offense, and at the least he can do with us what he did for Ohio state his freshman year and just do QB runs/some redzone WR.

sportscurmudgeon 08-18-2011 12:07 PM

Do not want him. He does not fit in the Mike/Kyle Shanahan offensive system and we have seen what happens when a QB is a mismatch with the system...

Let him go somewhere else where his abilities might fit better.

SmootSmack 08-18-2011 12:07 PM

[quote=mlmpetert;824385]Yeah hes gonna go real cheap. Its not just a 5 game suspension, the dude cant even practice for the first 5 weeks of the regular season. I wonder if that means he would still eat up a roster spot?[/quote]

I don't think he would...but I'm not sure how I feel about the NFL suspending him. I'm not sure that's fair

celts32 08-18-2011 12:08 PM

Hell no! Not even for a 7th round pick...

Player_HTTR 08-18-2011 12:21 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;824450]I'm not sure how I feel about the NFL suspending him. I'm not sure that's fair[/quote]

Agreed. Are they going to start suspending guys like Reggie Bush, or guys from the "U" for things they did before they ever entered the NFL? You could argue that he weasled his way out of suspension at the college level and that he may deserve some sort of punishment beyond what he has gone through. But he is not even part of the NFL yet and he is being suspended, sorry can't grasp it.

SouperMeister 08-18-2011 12:25 PM

I would put up a 6th rounder for Pryor in the supplemental draft. We selected Colt Brennan in the 6th round of the regular draft, and Pryor certainly has a higher upside than Colt. If Shanny sees him as a good fit, then I'm all for taking a shot.

wilsowilso 08-18-2011 12:35 PM

[quote=Redskins_2231;823337]I'd use a 3rd round pick on him. If he doesn't pan-out as a QB, he's talented enough to be useful in a "wildcat" package and could even see a few plays a game in the backfield/slot.[/quote]

One of the best first posts ever!

I always knew Mr. Smithers read this board, but to finally have you join us is a great honor.

Maybe we should use a second rounder just to be sure.

Hog1 08-18-2011 12:47 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;824450]I don't think he would...but I'm not sure how I feel about the NFL suspending him. I'm not sure that's fair[/quote]

Well....what do you do?
Apparently TP (I like that) committed several infractions against the NCAA. Then he lied about it until realized he it could hinder his eligibility for the supplemental draft. He has since stepped forward to set the record straight since there is a pay check in it.
These are not the behaviors I personally want to reward.
OR is it just that you have a problem with the NFL taking action on a "NCAA matter"?

SmootSmack 08-18-2011 01:03 PM

I don't think it's Goodell's place to punish Pryor for something that happened while he was in college. Is Pryor getting around the system a bit? Maybe, but so is Caleb King, so did Brian Bosworth, so did Cris Carter, so did Jeremy Jarmon, so did Jared Gaither, and in a way so did Bernie Kosar. The supplemental draft has basically been an out for inelgibile NCAA players since it began.