Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Debating with the enemy (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   NPR Says Palin Has History Correct (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=42583)

firstdown 06-08-2011 02:50 PM

NPR Says Palin Has History Correct

[url=http://www.npr.org/2011/06/06/137011636/how-accurate-were-palins-comments-on-paul-revere]How Accurate Were Palin's Paul Revere Comments? : NPR[/url]

Chico23231 06-08-2011 03:40 PM

Re: NPR Says Palin Has History Correct

[quote=firstdown;806423][url=http://www.npr.org/2011/06/06/137011636/how-accurate-were-palins-comments-on-paul-revere]How Accurate Were Palin's Paul Revere Comments? : NPR[/url][/quote]

Time to rewrite the history books, right FD? Cause you were taught in school that Paul Revere rode to warn the British "dont mess with us". Right everyone knows that :doh:

MTK 06-08-2011 04:00 PM

Funny how her followers tried to edit Wiki.

Lame.

There is [B]some[/B] truth to what she said, but a lot of BS as well.

Slingin Sammy 33 06-08-2011 04:18 PM

Best line of the transcript:

Prof. ALLISON: Well, yeah, she did. And remember, she is a politician. She's not an historian. And [B]God help us when historians start acting like politicians, and I suppose when politicians start writing history[/B].

But just to be safe, I don't think I'll be enrolling in the Univ. of Alaska's HIST 201, Study of the American Revolution and Paul Revere, Instructor - S. Palin.

firstdown 06-08-2011 04:36 PM

[quote=Mattyk;806430]Funny how her followers tried to edit Wiki.

Lame.

There is [B]some[/B] truth to what she said, but a lot of BS as well.[/quote]

I have to agree with that. I know the basics of what PR did and either she knows its history very well or she hit part of it with some BS mixed in. I don't think Palin is as dumb as some make her out to be I think she just talks to much at times.

Beemnseven 06-08-2011 06:58 PM

I have to admit, this is the first time in my life I have ever heard that Paul Revere in fact warned the British in his midnight ride.

SmootSmack 06-08-2011 07:36 PM

[quote=Beemnseven;806457]I have to admit, this is the first time in my life I have ever heard that Paul Revere in fact warned the British in his midnight ride.[/quote]

From what I gathered, it was one of his rides but not necessarily his most famous ride.

But to me, it's kind of like Obama's 57 states gaffe or Joe Biden's FDR mistake. They happen, but in the grand scheme of things how much of a big deal are these slip ups?

I'd be more concerned with what they know about now and anticipate for the future than whether they knew specific details of Revere

saden1 06-08-2011 08:25 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;806458]From what I gathered, it was one of his rides but not necessarily his most famous ride.

But to me, it's kind of like Obama's 57 states gaffe or Joe Biden's FDR mistake. They happen, but in the grand scheme of things how much of a big deal are these slip ups?

I'd be more concerned with what they know about now and anticipate for the future than whether they knew specific details of Revere[/quote]

I wasn't aware Obama and Biden said "I didn't mess up" then turn around and blame the media for a "gotcha type question." You can only play the gotcha card so many god damn times before they are no longer in the deck.

She not only needs history lessons but English lessons too. Seriously, my 8 year old niece can put together better sentences. Let's go to the tapes.

[YT]oS4C7bvHv2w[/YT]
[YT]FGSIP-j0PGY[/YT]

SmootSmack 06-08-2011 09:52 PM

Fair enough. And to be clear, I don't blindly defend her nor would I vote for her. Just saying these missteps are minor in the grand scheme of evaluating these potential candidates

Ruhskins 06-08-2011 11:59 PM

She's a f'ing moron.

hooskins 06-09-2011 12:03 AM

[QUOTE=Ruhskins;806478]She's a f'ing moron.[/QUOTE]

This. Pathetic embarrassment to the Republican Party.

hooskins 06-09-2011 12:12 AM

I highly doubt she knew wtf she was talking about. I think its a lucky technicality to be honest, but that's all. All I know is she doesn't know any publications, little about her own programs (bridge to nowhere) and thinks her foreign policy experience was better than bidens because she can see Russia fron her home. Oh wait, I guess hundreds of thousands of years ago that was true.

firstdown 06-09-2011 09:06 AM

Well if Obama's rating keeps dropping as fast as unemployment is rising she might just run. The best thing that Obama has done sense he has been in office is kill people.

Chico23231 06-09-2011 09:43 AM

[quote=firstdown;806522]Well if Obama's rating keeps dropping as fast as unemployment is rising she might just run. The best thing that Obama has done sense he has been in office is kill people.[/quote]

She wouldnt beat Obama, no chance in hell. Newt or Santorum would fair better. She has no chance in hell to even get the Republican nod, the party wouldnt support her, including McCain. Backroom dealers in the party are gonna make the decision who runs this time.

hooskins 06-09-2011 11:19 AM

Dems will do cartwheels if Palin, Newt or Santorum were on the ticket. 2012 will be much easier for them.