Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins and Vikings agree on McNabb trade (updated: deal is done) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=42987)

Lotus 07-26-2011 09:07 PM

re: Redskins and Vikings agree on McNabb trade (updated: deal is done)

[quote=skinsfan69;813514]I don't understand Minnesota's front office. They're willing to part w/ draft picks for an old QB past his prime that's about to get cut? Why not wait til he's released? It's not like there's a large bidding war for McNabb's services.[/quote]

Given that they just drafted Ponder, and given that there are several QB hungry teams, there is a good chance that Minn would not be McNabb's first choice on an open market. If they want to ensure that they get him, a trade makes sense.

MTK 07-26-2011 09:17 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfan69;813514]I don't understand Minnesota's front office. They're willing to part w/ draft picks for an old QB past his prime that's about to get cut? Why not wait til he's released? It's not like there's a large bidding war for McNabb's services.[/QUOTE]

I think you might be underestimating the market for veteran QBs, especially when it comes to teams with rookie QBs.

How long should they wait for him to be released? We could hold him right up until the season starts. If Minny really wants him they're going to want to get him into their camp sooner rather than later.

mooby 07-26-2011 09:21 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;813504]For the record, it's not official that he's going to Minnesota. There are other options still in play (namely Miami, but I suppose there are other options as well) Minnesota is the favorite, and would seem to be the place for which he'd be most amenable to restructuring his contract.

If he was traded to the Vikings and knowing the contract issues they face with Bernard Berrian and Chad Greenway, would you want either of those guys?[/quote]

I'd take Greenway, but where would he play? Is he suited for ILB in a 3-4?

drew54 07-26-2011 09:28 PM

I am glad to see I am not the only one coveting Hawkeyes. ;)

GMScud 07-26-2011 09:48 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;813504]For the record, it's not official that he's going to Minnesota. There are other options still in play (namely Miami, but I suppose there are other options as well) Minnesota is the favorite, and would seem to be the place for which he'd be most amenable to restructuring his contract.

If he was traded to the Vikings and knowing the contract issues they face with Bernard Berrian and Chad Greenway, would you want either of those guys?[/quote]

I agree with Mooby. If we feel like he's a fit as a 3-4 ILB, then heck yeah I'd take that guy. Him and Fletch inside with Kerrigan and Rak outside? Yes, please. We're gonna need someone to fill in for Fletch sooner rather than later anyway.

Lotus 07-26-2011 09:53 PM

I love me some Chad Greenway but at 242 lbs. he's a bit small for a 3-4 ILB.

musicmaster45 07-26-2011 09:55 PM

i heard at roto world the trade might not be as set as first believed.

SirClintonPortis 07-26-2011 10:05 PM

[quote=musicmaster45;813552]i heard at roto world the trade might not be as set as first believed.[/quote]The said Rotoworld report links to the following article as its source.

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/26/report-of-vikings-trade-for-mcnabb-is-premature/]Report of Vikings trade for McNabb is premature | ProFootballTalk[/url]

In short, JLC gets owned again.

musicmaster45 07-26-2011 10:07 PM

Thanks portis getting links every time is a pain haha

skinsfan69 07-26-2011 10:07 PM

[quote=Mattyk;813525]I think you might be underestimating the market for veteran QBs, especially when it comes to teams with rookie QBs.

How long should they wait for him to be released? We could hold him right up until the season starts. If Minny really wants him they're going to want to get him into their camp sooner rather than later.[/quote]

I just think that they had Jackson sitting there, he's got game experience, why not just let him play instead of trading for McNabb? That way they keep the picks.... and to be honest, at this point, is there a big upgrade between McNabb and Jackson??

skinsfan69 07-26-2011 10:10 PM

[quote=SOUL-SKINS;813516]shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! dont ruin it[/quote]

I honestly gotta see it to believe it. I just can't see Minnesota giving up more picks, espeically after the Moss trade last year. But hopefully they will!

SmootSmack 07-26-2011 10:11 PM

What about Gerald Hayes, Cardinals LB, would anyone be interested in him?

SirClintonPortis 07-26-2011 10:11 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;813571]I just think that they had Jackson sitting there, he's got game experience, why not just let him play instead of trading for McNabb? That way they keep the picks.... and to be honest, at this point, is there a big upgrade between McNabb and Jackson??[/quote]

Well, the Vikes probably know less about McNabb than we do, similar to how Philly knew more about McNabb prior to "The Trade". Not to mention that they might overrate their own team based on that playoff run a couple years ago.

musicmaster45 07-26-2011 10:13 PM

Honestly i don't know much about Hayes

Lotus 07-26-2011 10:32 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;813576]What about Gerald Hayes, Cardinals LB, would anyone be interested in him?[/quote]

Eh. Not a bad player but probably not a difference maker.