Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Report: Redskins Agree to Terms with Barry Cofield (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/43008-report-redskins-agree-terms-barry-cofield.html)

SmootSmack 07-27-2011 12:36 AM

Report: Redskins Agree to Terms with Barry Cofield

Well, Mooby was prescient on this one.

According to friend of TheWarpath.net and former Redskins Magazine (Tony McGee's show) Josina Anderson we have agreed to terms with Cofield

SmootSmack 07-27-2011 12:37 AM

Re: Report: Redskins Agree to Terms with Barry Cofield

And I got a voicemail from another source on it so I think it's true and probably merits its own thread

CRedskinsRule 07-27-2011 12:37 AM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;813688]Well, Mooby was prescient on this one.

According to friend of TheWarpath.net and former Redskins Magazine (Tony McGee's show) Josina Anderson we have agreed to terms with Cofield[/QUOTE]
But the question remains - Why??

NC_Skins 07-27-2011 12:53 AM

I like the signing!

SOUL-SKINS 07-27-2011 01:06 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;813691]But the question remains - Why??[/quote]

I guess to play nose tackle.

SOUL-SKINS 07-27-2011 01:10 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;813691]But the question remains - Why??[/quote]

Well plus he does that cool " taser" celebration. That's worth it in itself I think.

mooby 07-27-2011 01:15 AM

[url=http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/3764/barry-cofield]Recent news on Barry Cofield - Washington Redskins - Rotoworld.com[/url]

Take this with a massive grain of salt, but according to Wikipedia he played NT in his rookie season for the Giants. I don't think they ran a true 3-4 that year, but maybe he played NT in situational defenses, like a nickel package or something. Or maybe that's what he's been doing all these years in NY, is playing a situational NT. Can't say for sure, as I definitely didn't pay attention to him that much. But apparantly Haslett and Shanny saw something they liked, so it's a moot point now.

tryfuhl 07-27-2011 01:16 AM

I was wondering how I hadn't been beaten, didn't realize that there was a new thread

SmootSmack 07-27-2011 01:25 AM

Pretty good deal if the rumors are true, 6 years at $36 million. Hopefully he's like the last Giants DT we got, if not better.

Ruhskins 07-27-2011 01:28 AM

Good signing, but who's going to play NT?

SirClintonPortis 07-27-2011 01:33 AM

[quote=Ruhskins;813706]Good signing, but who's going to play NT?[/quote]

They might try him out at NT, I think.

tryfuhl 07-27-2011 01:33 AM

12.5 guaranteed

mooby 07-27-2011 01:35 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;813705]Pretty good deal if the rumors are true, 6 years at $36 million. Hopefully he's like the last Giants DT we got, if not better.[/quote]

I would hope he's better than Anthony Bryant for 6 years at 36 mil lol. But tbh, I think you're talking about Cornie Griffin. And if he was that good I'd def. be happy, I remember how good Griffin was in 2004, he definitely should've been a Pro Bowler that year. Also since I was diggin around for Cofield info and tidbits, anybody remember this?

[quote=Half Smokes]
LANDOVER, MD. - Giants defensive tackle Barry Cofield was probably a little upset Sunday night after a Green Bay victory eliminated his squad from playoff contention. But instead of blaming himself and teammates for last week's embarrassing 45-17 loss to the Packers that essentially ended their season, he started taking potshots at the team his Giants had just beaten in the Redskins.

"You know, their fans were all cheering and what not," he said after the game. "That shows you the state of their team, that they were cheering about us failing. That's when you have no success, those are the kind of things that excite you."

Cofield said this in response to the Redskins fans who began to chant "Green Bay won! Green Bay won!" when it was announced on the FedEx Field Jumbotron that the Packers had knocked off the Bears, clinching themselves the final wild card spot at the Giants' expense.
[/quote]

Sounds like he has 36 million reasons not to trash our fanbase now.

Ruhskins 07-27-2011 01:41 AM

[quote=SirClintonPortis;813707]They might try him out at NT, I think.[/quote]

They could...but I'm sure he'd be better suited as a DE in the 3-4. I would rather have Neild and Jenkins rotate at NT than having Coefield play the position. I think it'd be nice to pick up an experienced NT (the Ravens' Gregg would be a good pick up).

In this scenario, we would have:

DEs: Coefield and Carriker
NTs: Jenkins/Neild/3-4 NT Vet

SirClintonPortis 07-27-2011 01:41 AM

[url=http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/serby_sunday_with_barry_cofield_6JdpFbohjrLfWNnH7jvymL]Serby's Sunday Q & A with ... Barry Cofield - NYPOST.com[/url]

[QUOTE]
Q: Scouting report on Barry Cofield?

A: I would say he's a guy that plays hard whistle to whistle . . . he's gonna fight you the whole time . . . plays a great technique . . . he's a great teammate . . . and when he's on the field he makes his team better.

Q: Your mentality on the field?

A: I just have such a great love for the game that when I put on the pads, it feels normal. I feel more comfortable with pads on than without, that's how much I love the game. Having a son, that's helping me mature as a person. It's helping me become more of a two-dimensional person, 'cause I love the game so much I'm almost obsessed with it to the point that during the season, football's always on my mind. I feel comfortable and I feel at ease and I feel at home on the field.

Q: Give me an adjective or two to describe yourself.

A: [B]On the field, I'm more of a calculated assassin than I am a warrior storming into battle.[/B] A guy who's prepared, meticulous and knows what he's gonna do so that when he gets on the field, it's not chaos, it's business.

Read more: [url=http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/serby_sunday_with_barry_cofield_6JdpFbohjrLfWNnH7jvymL#ixzz1THVaLwHf]Serby's Sunday Q & A with ... Barry Cofield - NYPOST.com[/url][/QUOTE]
Another anti-Haynesworth, it seems. lol