Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2011 Redskins Free Agents Rumors and Reports-Part 3 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=43045)

SmootSmack 07-27-2011 11:54 PM

2011 Redskins Free Agents Rumors and Reports-Part 3

Just trying to keep these threads from getting too massive.

Wont be doing this everyday, but for a few days while the flurry of activity goes on

Let's start with the news that the Redskins have come to terms with P Sav Rocca

Lotus 07-27-2011 11:56 PM

Re: 2011 Redskins Free Agents Rumors and Reports-Part 3

Good move signing Sav Rocca.

SOUL-SKINS 07-27-2011 11:59 PM

Yeah. I'm down with Sav....still waiting on Jenkins though!

mbedner3420 07-28-2011 12:00 AM

I hope they only sign fat guys Thursday.

Ruhskins 07-28-2011 12:01 AM

[quote=mbedner3420;814783]I hope they only sign fat guys Thursday.[/quote]

Jenkins, Dahl and J. Brown :)

mredskins 07-28-2011 12:06 AM

SS just as I posted for you to get sleep my wife's water broke.going to be a long wonderful night.

SmootSmack 07-28-2011 12:09 AM

Congrats!

Ruhskins 07-28-2011 12:12 AM

Looks like the Redskins have officially signed Hankerson....

"Rich Campbell
RT @granthpaulsen: Sources: The #Redskins have agreed to a contract with rookie WR Leonard Hankerson. He'll report to camp on time tomorrow."

Hopefully Kerrigan's deal is not too far behind.

[QUOTE=mredskins;814786]SS just as I posted for you to get sleep my wife's water broke.going to be a long wonderful night.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations!!

MonkFan4Life 07-28-2011 12:13 AM

[quote=mredskins;814786]SS just as I posted for you to get sleep my wife's water broke.going to be a long wonderful night.[/quote]

Congrats mredskins ! Way to bring in another fan !

BigHairedAristocrat 07-28-2011 12:14 AM

I'm just waiting for a signing that makes sense. So far the only solid move in my opinion was trading mcnabb for two sixth rounders.

ALL the wr moves are highly questionable. We've signed a ton of receivers but none of them constitute a clear upgrade over what we had last year.

We traded one cheap and solid dlineman for a mediocre receiver because he allegedly didn't fit in our system.... Yet we sign a dlineman who doesn't fit our system to a huge contract.

We signed a crappy third string qb when we already have one of those as out incumbent starter.

None (edit: one) of our draft picks are signed and now you guys are applauding the signing of a 38 year old kicker?

Am I the only one shaking my head here?

SmootSmack 07-28-2011 12:16 AM

Start a new thread on Hankerson Ruh. Worth it's own thread I think. We can create a "Rookie Signings Thread" Go for it

SkinzWin 07-28-2011 12:17 AM

That's awesome, I love Sav, he is really good. Better than any of the punters we've had recently. Congrats mredskins, that is awesome, hope you have a Skins onesie ready to go.

SmootSmack 07-28-2011 12:19 AM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;814790]I'm just waiting for a signing that makes sense. So far the only solid move in my opinion was trading mcnabb for two sixth rounders.

ALL the wr moves are highly questionable. We've signed a ton of receivers but none of them constitute a clear upgrade over what we had last year.

We traded one cheap and solid dlineman for a mediocre receiver because he allegedly didn't fit in our system.... Yet we sign a dlineman who doesn't fit our system to a huge contract.

We signed a crappy third string qb when we already have one of those as out incumbent starter.

None (edit: one) of our draft picks are signed and now you guys are applauding the signing of a 38 year old kicker?

Am I the only one shaking my head here?[/quote]

Don't get carried away with camp bodies like Stokley

What makes Jarmon a solid dlineman

What makes Gaffney a mediocre WR

What about Josh Wilson

SOUL-SKINS 07-28-2011 12:19 AM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;814790]I'm just waiting for a signing that makes sense. So far the only solid move in my opinion was trading mcnabb for two sixth rounders.

No no............Ive been pissed off for the past two days... i hear ya man...i do

Ruhskins 07-28-2011 12:19 AM

Cofield fits very well as 3-4 DE and a couple of sports pundits think the Wilson signing was a good move and an upgrade over Rogers. Plus this is just the beginning of the FA period, plenty of time left.