Bobby Taylor, Lynch or Sapp
Although the skins have denied allogations that they will take sapp who do you guys think should be graced with the burgundy and gold jersey next season. We currently have around 3 mil in cap room for this year. If one of these aren't your pick then who would be? It must be someone still on the FA Market
My personal pick is Sapp. Three reasons I pick him...
1. He'll make LaVar even better.. we all saw what Lavar can do when someone disrupts the O -line. On penn state he had Courtney Brown, and in the NFC pro-bowl game.. well it speaks for itself.
2. He take double teams that will free up our ends and lower the time the Qb's have in the pocket which = more sacks and more int's
3. Whether you like it or not he has a good mental game that he brings with his Sh*t talking
i'd take lynch anyday.he's one hell of a leader on the field and a class act off of it.
none of the above
I hate this move for the following reasons:
1. What about building our dline?
2. Taylor is a very good CB. True, but Taylor is getting long in the tooth and he is going to want more money than he is worth. Our secondary is in decent shape. Bauman is a solid zone coverage nickelback (he seems to have a pretty good nose for the ball) and though Springs and Smoot would make a good duo.
3. What about our dline?
4. Springs has a history of injuries and what if he goes down? True, but there is this thing called the salary cap and it doesn't like moves such as this. The fact is that Smoot's contract expires next season, we paid Springs a starter's salary with a starter's bonus, and you simply cannot afford to pay three corners starting salaries. We've already got Springs, we need to re-sign Smoot, and so I don't understand the desire to acquire Taylor.
5. What about our dline?
6. Well since we're already headed to cap hell, why not pile sh-t on top of sh-t by signing Taylor, thereby increasing our chances of winning the big one? That's about the only somewhat reasonable logic I can think of for this potential signing.
I'd actually take Sapp at this point simply because he's the best DT available. Is he Warren Sapp of old? No, but he would be a MAJOR upgrade on our dline. Is he a prick? Yes, but I'm so desperate for some Dline help that I'd put my grandmother on the dline if I thought it would help.
Relying on Wynn (not a pass rusher, and just a mediocre DE overall), Griffin (a disappointing DT), Noble (see his ACL and MCL and then come talk to me about how good he is), and Daniels (has anyone seen his depends around here?) to build a pass rush is freakin stupid. And I don't think they are a run-stopping force either.
Yeah I've heard that talk about Arrington and Washington bringing outside pressure. It sort of reminds me of all that talk about Arrington and Armstead bringing pressure. That worked like a charm. Anytime you blitz with linebackers you weaken you rush defense and as noted above, we're going to need our linebackers to stop the run because our dline sure as hell won't.
I'd be a lot more optimisitc about the LBs pass-rushing if we had a solid DT to start opposite Griffin. While I hate to admit it, we need Sapp.
If he can be had for something like a 4 year, $14 million deal (with a $5 million SB), I'd take him in a heart beat. I think such a contract is feasible given the lack of teams interested in him.
Well according to ESPN (pasta belly) skins are pursuing Bobby Taylor. [url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1760318[/url]
I fail to understand why we would pursue a player that will bring a big salary cap hit and arguably be our no. 1 CB. Are we parting away from Fred Smoot?
I would see all of these guys as mentor material because of their shelf life. If we got Sean Taylor, it would obviously kick a little ass to have Lynch show him the ropes. Sapp is a pain, and Taylor would probably rather start somewhere. We NEED depth at CB, but he could be the star at KC, Cinci, or maybe Indy.
[QUOTE=Portis]Well according to ESPN (pasta belly) skins are pursuing Bobby Taylor. [url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1760318[/url]
I fail to understand why we would pursue a player that will bring a big salary cap hit and arguably be our no. 1 CB. Are we parting away from Fred Smoot?[/QUOTE]
"In fact, league sources indicated that Taylor is suddenly being wooed by the Washington Redskins, who were scrambling Monday to create cap room."
what do u guys think they are doing to create the room? who's about to get cut do u think?
opps, just saw this question was raised on another thread, my bad.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.