Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Redskins Resign Jamaal Brown (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/43164-redskins-resign-jamaal-brown.html)

Schneed10 07-31-2011 07:32 PM

Redskins Resign Jamaal Brown

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider]The Insider - Your daily source for news and commentary on the Washington Redskins, by Mike Jones. - The Washington Post[/url]

Nice. He was getting better as the year closed out. I like this player in our scheme.

calia 07-31-2011 07:33 PM

Re: Redskins Resign Jamaal Brown

that's a relief

SOUL-SKINS 07-31-2011 07:34 PM

Wheres RUHSKINS............. see, no worries.

Lotus 07-31-2011 07:34 PM

Good. With the extra time he's had to heal he should be better than last year. RT solved.

I still hope we add another guard.

GridIron26 07-31-2011 07:37 PM

A move we expected.. I wonder if we are done with O-line yet? I still want us to add a guard that could come in to compete for the spot, that is unless coaches like Hicks enough not to sign anyone else.

Dirtbag59 07-31-2011 07:37 PM

Better then Harris in my opinion. Brown has been a top 5 tackle in years past and was one of our better run blockers this past year. On top of that even though he was hurt most of the year he still played 14 games. Harris had 11 games last year and 8 the year before. At this rate Harris might as well be the guy on the wrong side of 30 when compared to Brown.

One thing I think I've noticed though about the coaching staff is they are bending over backwards for consistency on the line, buying into the school of thought that lines need time to gel.

GTripp0012 07-31-2011 07:42 PM

We couldn't have done much better than this at RT. I don't see Jammal Brown as a longterm solution. But he's the best player who would have played right tackle for the Redskins this year.

Now they need to go out and get a 27 something year old tackle to back up at two positions.

Ryan Harris
Mario Henderson
Charlie Johnson

Or Heyer, I suppose.

Every one of those players: nothing but zone blocking schemes their entire careers. Exceptions: Heyer '07, and Harris the last two years.

12thMan 07-31-2011 07:42 PM

Per GP: Just got off the phone with Jammal Brown. Says even though he still feels more comfortable at LT, he re-signed to stay on the right side.

...says playing for Mike Shanahan was main sticking point: "I like playing for a coach who's won a Super Bowl."

....said he wanted to come back to the #Redskins to work with two fellow Oklahoma products now: Trent Williams and Chris Chester.

Brown's health: "I feel good. Iíve been working out. Canít wait to get on the field. Hip feels good. I want to play football."

GMScud 07-31-2011 07:46 PM

I'd like to know the numbers...

Ruhskins 07-31-2011 07:48 PM

[quote=SOUL-SKINS;817326]Wheres RUHSKINS............. see, no worries.[/quote]

See I knew it!!! LOL.

Dirtbag59 07-31-2011 07:52 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;817337]We couldn't have done much better than this at RT. I don't see Jammal Brown as a longterm solution. But he's the best player who would have played right tackle for the Redskins this year.

Now they need to go out and get a 27 something year old tackle to back up at two positions.

Ryan Harris
Mario Henderson
Charlie Johnson

Or Heyer, I suppose.

Every one of those players: nothing but zone blocking schemes their entire careers. Exceptions: Heyer '07, and Harris the last two years.[/quote]

Harris as a backup? Now that would be something. Still I feel like the Bears will get him to start, or at least the Lions. Remember the Lions played all three QB's (Stafford, Hill, and Stanton) due to injuries. In fact there was a point in the Giants-Lions game where Stafford (dressed for absolute emergencies) thought he was about to go back in because Stanton got hurt after coming in for Hill who was knocked out of the game.

musicmaster45 07-31-2011 08:00 PM

I think we will probably draft another RT in the second to third round in a year or two.

GTripp0012 07-31-2011 08:09 PM

[quote=Dirtbag59;817351]Harris as a backup? Now that would be something. Still I feel like the Bears will get him to start, or at least the Lions. Remember the Lions played all three QB's (Stafford, Hill, and Stanton) due to injuries. In fact there was a point in the Giants-Lions game where Stafford (dressed for absolute emergencies) thought he was about to go back in because Stanton got hurt after coming in for Hill who was knocked out of the game.[/quote]I don't think I see a team out there that has a vacancy at RT for him to slide into. Denver, I think, is trying to go in a different direction and will part ways. But outside of them...Kansas City, Oakland maybe? If not them, he's looking at signing on in a competition at best.

Dirtbag59 07-31-2011 08:14 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;817371]I don't think I see a team out there that has a vacancy at RT for him to slide into. Denver, I think, is trying to go in a different direction and will part ways. But outside of them...Kansas City, Oakland maybe? If not them, he's looking at signing on in a competition at best.[/quote]

What about Chicago and Detroit. Chicago actually tried to trade for him. And he could certainly beat out Corey Hilliard in Detroit. Not to mention J'Marcus Webb in Chicago.

By the way our old friend Edwin Williams might get a chance to start at Center in Chi town.

mooby 07-31-2011 08:15 PM

I'd love to see Harris here as a backup. Talk about better depth than Stephon Heyer, even though Harris is more injury prone. And I'm glad Brown resigned here. He may not be a long term solution, but we need a short term solution until we get our long term solution. And he can be that. He definitely got better here at the end of the year, I'm excited to see what he can do this season.