Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Phillip Daniels Appreciation Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=43217)

CrustyRedskin 08-02-2011 03:25 PM

Phillip Daniels Appreciation Thread

I just wanted to take a minute after wading throught the Albert Haynesworthless thread, vomiting in my mouth on the John Beck is our new QB thread, the championship type trade for Hightower (< Dickerson) and not even having to open the Redskins' Popularity Wanes Thread to scream No Shit!!!! to thank Phillip Daniels for his tenure her in DC I really thought he was a great guy and seemed like a helluva team player. I thouht he gave us everything he had and always said the right things. You'll always be a true Redskin in my mind (and those are hard to come by theses days) thanks Phillip Daniels for occupying the trenches like a BAMF.

P.S. I had many wonderful dreams that you beat the everliving rotting dung out of fat albert on a Monday night game. I tjust never came true but i know you could have done it.

Lotus 08-02-2011 03:27 PM

Re: Phillip Daniels Appreciation Thread

Good thread. PD was a good Redskin, professionally bringing it every week.

A few months ago we had a "most likely to become a coach" thread and he was my choice. I stand by that.

sportscurmudgeon 08-02-2011 03:41 PM

Phillip Daniels is a class act as a human being and gave the Washington Redskins 6 or 7 years of yeoman service on the defensive line.

He was a leader on the field and in the locker room.

The Skins are trying very hard to "get younger" and Daniels was a victim of that change in philosophy by the team.

Losing Daniels and Vonnie Holiday within days of one another might come back to haunt the Skins sometime this season should calm and sensible veteran leadership be required.

For the record, the link on the opening post here has "R.I.P" on the picture. Just for clarification, Phillip Daniels has not died; he has simply been released by the Redskins.

NYCskinfan82 08-02-2011 03:45 PM

Gave it his all while he was here, thankyou.

MTK 08-02-2011 03:52 PM

PD is a solid dude but it was time to start getting younger.

I think as long as we have Fletcher we'll be ok in the veteran leadership dept. The team overall has a lot more team guys vs. me guys anyway.

Longtimefan 08-02-2011 03:53 PM

PD was one of our non-regrettable FA signings, a consummate professional that conducted himself that way both on and off the football field.

According to Vinnie, the loss of Daniels the year he was injured the first practice of training camp was the inspiration behind the trade for Jason Taylor. Daniels proved to be a good Redskin.

tomsawyer 08-02-2011 03:55 PM

Daniels was a great redskin.he gave it his all every play,but more importantly,he made sure his teammates gave every play.would love to see him retire and coach the DLine.

Monkeydad 08-02-2011 04:03 PM

Amazing physical specimen aside from being a great teammate and guy all around. If he's done in football, he'll continue his success in powerlifting and the gym he owns.

[yt]_7miFTehlUQ[/yt]
[yt]uzhBMkSq7js[/yt]

[url=http://www.monstergaragegym.com/]Monster Garage Gym a hard core gym for the serious powerlifter and weight trainer.[/url]

I bet he was/is the strongest man in the NFL.

Ruhskins 08-02-2011 04:05 PM

PD is a nice guy, I follow him on Twitter. I was a bit bummed when they let him go, but I understand why that happened. I think he can be a good football coach and I hope he goes that route when he retires.

Alvin Walton 08-02-2011 04:09 PM

Great trench man for the Skins!
Salute!

Longtimefan 08-02-2011 04:09 PM

quote: I bet he was/is the strongest man in the NFL.

Makes you wonder how any one man could stay in front of him.

Defensewins 08-02-2011 04:09 PM

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/phillip-daniels-criticizes-shanahans-handling-of-haynesworth/2011/07/29/gIQAlGZ6gI_blog.html?wprss=dc-sports-bog]Phillip Daniels criticizes Shanahan&rsquo;s handling of Haynesworth - DC Sports Bog - The Washington Post[/url]

mooby 08-02-2011 04:11 PM

I'll just echo what everyone else has said in this thread. Heard Shanny offered Daniels a start in coaching if he did decide to retire, but Daniels still feels like he can play. He was getting a little long in the tooth but he brought a lot of things to this team beside play on the field. I wish him success wherever he goes and I definitely wouldn't mind if he took Shanny up on that coaching offer whenever he does decide to retire.

mlmpetert 08-02-2011 04:14 PM

[quote=Mattyk;818796]PD is a solid dude but it was time to start getting younger.

I think as long as we have Fletcher we'll be ok in the veteran leadership dept. The team overall has a lot more team guys vs. me guys anyway.[/quote]

I feel bad seeing him go because he was great player on and off the field, but this is kind of the way i feel. Even though hes in his late 30's i feel like he was a dude that just doesnt age. I could see him signing on and contributing elsewhere. If not i too think he would make a good coach.

Thanks PD!

freddyg12 08-02-2011 04:15 PM

I was at this game, PD dominated w/four sacks & a fumble! Watch the one where he pretty much brings Bledsoe down w/one hand!

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvAh-IYEVZo]&#x202a;Redskins vs. Dallas 2005&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube[/url]