Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Debating with the enemy (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   US Credit Rating Downgraded To AA+ (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=43289)

Schneed10 08-06-2011 08:14 AM

Re: US Credit Rating Downgraded To AA+

[quote=GMScud;820683]Probably the fact that in your eyes (mine too, btw) Obama is done. He's saden's golden boy, for some odd reason.[/quote]

Funny thing is I've generally liked just about everything Obama has done so far in his first term. He's recognized the need to move toward the center - because liberal politics don't work in economically tough times. He has shown himself to be flexible and reasonable.

But our country will not see it that way. Our populace is not bright enough to see beyond the fact that he is the man presiding over our first downgrade.

I'd wait to see who the GOP nominates to run against him before I placed any bets. But this definitely hits Obama and boosts the Tea Party's appeal. What happens when you don't control spending? Your credit gets downgraded. Pretty easy message for the Tea Party to sell, love 'em or hate 'em.

GMScud 08-06-2011 09:01 AM

[quote=Schneed10;820685]Funny thing is I've generally liked just about everything Obama has done so far in his first term. He's recognized the need to move toward the center - because liberal politics don't work in economically tough times. He has shown himself to be flexible and reasonable.

[B]But our country will not see it that way. Our populace is not bright enough to see beyond the fact that he is the man presiding over our first downgrade.[/B]

I'd wait to see who the GOP nominates to run against him before I placed any bets. But this definitely hits Obama and boosts the Tea Party's appeal. What happens when you don't control spending? Your credit gets downgraded. Pretty easy message for the Tea Party to sell, love 'em or hate 'em.[/quote]

Agreed. But I'm fine with that in this president's case.

saden1 08-06-2011 09:36 AM

[quote=Schneed10;820681]I'm not clear about what we'd be betting on?[/quote]

Obama getting the blame for this and getting the shaft.

saden1 08-06-2011 09:38 AM

[quote=Schneed10;820685]Funny thing is I've generally liked just about everything Obama has done so far in his first term. He's recognized the need to move toward the center - because liberal politics don't work in economically tough times. He has shown himself to be flexible and reasonable.

But our country will not see it that way. Our populace is not bright enough to see beyond the fact that he is the man presiding over our first downgrade.

I'd wait to see who the GOP nominates to run against him before I placed any bets. But this definitely hits Obama and boosts the Tea Party's appeal. What happens when you don't control spending? Your credit gets downgraded. Pretty easy message for the Tea Party to sell, love 'em or hate 'em.[/quote]

We went from he's definitely a gonner to maybe a gonner depending who?

Slingin Sammy 33 08-06-2011 09:47 AM

[quote=saden1;820666]The question is which country currently has a better rating and worthy of large investment?[/quote]

[url=http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2011/08/05/last-countries-with-triple-ratings-and-those-at-risk-losing-them/]The Last Countries With Triple-A Ratings (and Those at Risk of Losing Them) - FoxBusiness.com[/url]

Never been to Austrailia, maybe booking a trip over the next year or so to check it out.

saden1 08-06-2011 10:03 AM

[quote=Slingin Sammy 33;820709][url=http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2011/08/05/last-countries-with-triple-ratings-and-those-at-risk-losing-them/]The Last Countries With Triple-A Ratings (and Those at Risk of Losing Them) - FoxBusiness.com[/url]

Never been to Austrailia, maybe booking a trip over the next year or so to check it out.[/quote]

Australia? Where will growth come from? Thier service sector industry or thier penal correction industry. Or perhaps thier mega defense industry? Now I get it, from News Corp course. Australia is where my grandfather has his money not investors. I bet they ae tapped out too.

How is our CR from other agencies? I mean, not that it really matters cause they will all go down eventually. The question is what will we do to get it back up as quickly as possible? Here is an idea, pull out of the wars.

GMScud 08-06-2011 11:16 AM

[quote=saden1;820712]Australia? Where will growth come from? Thier service sector industry or thier penal correction industry. Or perhaps thier mega defense industry? Now I get it, from News Corp course. Australia is where my grandfather has his money not investors. I bet they ae tapped out too.

How is our CR from other agencies? I mean, not that it really matters cause they will all go down eventually. The question is what will we do to get it back up as quickly as possible? [B]Here is an idea, pull out of the wars[/B].[/quote]

This. A million times, this.

Schneed10 08-06-2011 04:11 PM

[quote=saden1;820707]We went from he's definitely a gonner to maybe a gonner depending who?[/quote]

Yes. In my first post I failed to consider how dumb the GOP can be at times.

If it's Romney, he rolls over Obama easily. If it's Bachmann or Palin, all bets are off.

saden1 08-06-2011 06:42 PM

[quote=Schneed10;820784]Yes. In my first post I failed to consider how dumb the GOP can be at times.

If it's Romney, he rolls over Obama easily. If it's Bachmann or Palin, all bets are off.[/quote]

I'll take $100 on Obama vs Romney. You down? If Romney isn't nominated no bet.

FRPLG 08-06-2011 07:02 PM

[quote=saden1;820712]Australia? Where will growth come from? Thier service sector industry or thier penal correction industry. Or perhaps thier mega defense industry? Now I get it, from News Corp course. Australia is where my grandfather has his money not investors. I bet they ae tapped out too.

How is our CR from other agencies? I mean, not that it really matters cause they will all go down eventually. The question is what will we do to get it back up as quickly as possible? [B]Here is an idea, pull out of the wars.[/B][/quote]

Now here's something we can agree on.

Slingin Sammy 33 08-06-2011 07:25 PM

[quote=saden1;820809]I'll take $100 on Obama vs Romney. You down? If Romney isn't nominated no bet.[/quote]I'm down.

saden1 08-06-2011 07:31 PM

[quote=Slingin Sammy 33;820818]I'm down.[/quote]

Done! I take paypal.

MTK 08-06-2011 07:32 PM

Romney... lol

NC_Skins 08-06-2011 08:21 PM

[quote=Schneed10;820685]Funny thing is I've generally liked just about everything Obama has done so far in his first term. [/quote]

[YT]UErR7i2onW0[/YT]

When he's President, the same old same old will continue.

GusFrerotte 08-06-2011 09:39 PM

Romney might win vs Obama, but he would just be another establishment candidate. Look at the big guns donating to his campaign. Think he is going to look after Main Street's interests if elected? I highly doubt it. The guy came from money and made more money flipping companies, like folks flipped houses back in the mid to late 90's. Money always looks out for money. The only guys that would make a difference are always either ignored, made out to be kooks or racists, or are maligned as being unelectable. Think of guys like Dennis Kucinich, Mike Gavel, Ron Paul, and Pat Buchanan. Gary Hart would have made a good president if it weren't for his "Monkey Business". Of course people that vote GOP could go nuts and vote in Bachmann as their candidate. She would be George Bush, just with a vagina. The two party system needs to be dismantled!!!