Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2011 Redskins Defensive Rookie of the Year (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=43338)

53Fan 08-11-2011 09:00 AM

Re: 2011 Redskins Defensive Rookie of the Year

[quote=CRedskinsRule;822109]to be different, I went with Chris Neild. Kerrigan and Jenkins both have the best shot, but Neild brings a specific need to the team, if he is able to get in and clog up the middle he may be the best guy that we won't hear anything about.[/quote]

Get back to work C.

CRedskinsRule 08-11-2011 09:10 AM

[quote=53Fan;822131]Get back to work C.[/quote]

:food-smil Hey 53, I am working verrrry hard! (or atleast somewhat)

Football game tomorrow, and me and the kids are gonna be there as one last fling before they leave. Skins better not disappoint.

And Neild for league Defensive MVP, that's my motto! LOL

53Fan 08-11-2011 09:28 AM

Hope the Skins put on a great show for the kids! Have a great time man! Neild all the way baby!!!

NM Redskin 08-11-2011 10:12 AM

Glad to see Jarvis doing good, since most "experts" had him as a reach in the 2nd.

rypper11 08-11-2011 10:31 AM

I think Nelid, Jenkins and Kerrigan will all have an impact. However, without injuries along the d-line I think Kerrigan will get the most opportunities for the big play (sacks, fumble recoveries, maybe even a pick off a deflected pass).

budw38 08-11-2011 01:13 PM

[quote=freddyg12;822107]It's unfair to expect a lot from Kerrigan this year. If anything we shouldn't really expect to see him playing at a relatively high level till the 2nd half of the season. I think by that time he will show his ability. I voted Jenkins cause overall I think he'll fare better & Haslett likes to rotate his d line, so we may only see JJ when he's pretty fresh.[/quote]
True , however , if Haslett uses him primarily as a pass rusher early in the season as he learns the position ; he should provide a punch in getting after the qb .

budw38 08-11-2011 01:15 PM

[quote=53Fan;822105]I like the sound of that budw38. :) Seriously from the reports I've been reading, our new D-Line should make things easier for our LB's. Kerrigan has an all out motor and can definitely get to the QB. If Cofield starts drawing double and triple teams and Jarvis continues playing the way he has in camp, Orakpo and Kerrigan should have a lot of fun this year. ;)[/quote]
Who knows , maybe Kerrigan gives us many great years like one M. Washington :)

skinster 08-11-2011 01:23 PM

It's gotta be Kerrigan. Not necessarily because of talent, but because of opportunity. Kerrigan is starting, and Jenkins will be a rotational player. With Cofield, Bowen, Carriker starting, he just won't get on the field as much as kerrigan. Also, the depth at DL is much better than at OLB. Alexander is all we got to backup two guys, and he plays much differently than kerrigan being that he is a run stuffer. Golston and Bryant may not be as good as Jenkins, but they will get playing time as well, which will further impact Jenkins's impact on the field.

redsk1 08-11-2011 02:17 PM

I'm going w/ Jenkins. From the reports, he looks impressive.