Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins-Steelers (Preseason) Post-game Thoughts (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=43437)

CultBrennan59 08-13-2011 02:20 PM

Redskins-Steelers (Preseason) Post-game Thoughts

I thought I'd make this thread since the other thread was about the game.

What did you all like and dislike about the Skins last night against the Steelers?

CultBrennan59 08-13-2011 02:33 PM

Re: Redskins-Steelers (Preseason) Post-game Thoughts

I liked:
-that our OLine looked solid
- Hightower makes me forget about Torain, and did Not fumble.
- Kerrigan looked good.
-Royster got a lot of carries, maybe Shanahan is liking him more, or maybe this was his 'game' and next week will be helus 'game'
- Cofield looked good
- Bowen made me forget about Cullen Jenkins
-Darrel Young looked like a great FB; loved his catch and jukes

I didn't like:

-Aldric Robinson
-Will Montgomery: He got pushed in the backfield about every play.
- Our secondary, specifically our corners getting beat.
- the touchbacks
- the fact McIntosh was in the whole time with the starters; give Riley and Fox a chance
- Hankerson, specifically his hands.
- Shayne Graham...he's supposed to be better than that..

GusFrerotte 08-13-2011 02:45 PM

Hankerson and Graham are the only worries, but I think hankerson just got a case of nerves maybe. We will see in game #2. Graham is almost as good as gone, unless Gano pulls a "Graham" in game 2. Robinson is as good as cut. Too many Wrs on this team as it is. I did like Kerrigan, as it was sold to us in the media he was having a rough time in the transition to OLB. Nice job by the Boilermaker!!!!!!! O line was tight, Hightower was a steal. I hope we can keep Stallworth, although a consensu in here is that he is goingto be traded or something. If Hankerson can't pull it together keep Donte on the team and put Hankerson on the PS. I am not sure if folks are going to want him.

Dirtbag59 08-13-2011 03:31 PM

Okay so I'm trying to figure out what videos to make for this past weeks game. I will likely keep them unlisted so only those who have the actual link to will be able to view them (ie they won't show up on my channels homepage).

[B]Likely Videos[/B]
Rex Grossman
Kellen Clemons
Tim Hightower
Evan Royster
Roy Helu
Defensive Line
Ryan Kerrigan

Remember the reason for so many videos stems from the fact that this is a preseason game meaning limited number of plays that need to be edited.

hagams 08-13-2011 03:34 PM

I like the receiving of Armstrong, and loved how Hightower was running hard. I only caught glimses of the game, but I like what I saw from them. Garham was hot trash. Can we bring Chip Lowmiller back yet?
I also like the fact that we played out starters for a while. I know it's risky, but I think we got a good snapshot of how they are progressing with the short preperation time.

Lotus 08-13-2011 03:50 PM

We're undefeated bitches.

86Manley 08-13-2011 03:57 PM

First and foremost Fletcher appears to still be the man. O line showed alot more promise over last years, but im glad there is 3 more preason games for them to improve. So far I love the running back situation. It would be nice to have three good, young running backs stick around for a while. Things are looking up, but still way too early for me to get too excited.

BigHairedAristocrat 08-13-2011 04:09 PM

[quote=CultBrennan59;823133]I thought I'd make this thread since the other thread was about the game.

What did you all like and dislike about the Skins last night against the Steelers?[/quote]

Isn't this thread also about the game?

SirClintonPortis 08-13-2011 04:10 PM

Kellen Clemens displayed good instincts. Roy Helu was effective even with limited play time.

rbanerjee23 08-13-2011 04:11 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;823152]Isn't this thread also about the game?[/quote]

Haha, yeah -- you could probably make a good argument for why this thread isn't necessary.

Anyways -- Hankerson and Robinson were the big concerns post game as well as our 1 for 5 red zone attempts, and 2 missed field goals and the fact that we only when 7-7 with our first team against their second team.

Other than that, Hightower looked great as did Royster, Moss as usual played well

Chico23231 08-13-2011 04:12 PM

Oline Oline Oline Oline Oline Oline Oline...huge. Its absolutely amazing what actual blocking will do for an offense.

Dont let any Hatter(s) tell you different, but dropping 452 yards of offense on the well coach, physical Pittsburg Steelers is no small deal. thats effing awesome. Rex was good.

Defense was great with bringing pressure, everything else on d was ok. Kerrigan can flat out play.

We need to get our safeties healthy immediately. We wont survive with those 2 back ups in coverage. Not gonna work.

diehard 08-13-2011 04:14 PM

Banks has value despite new rules.
Stallworth seems better than Galloway was last year.
Stretch plays and bootlegs are working well right now.
Moss was re-signed.
Gano is taking care of business.
Kellen is serviceable.

Dislikes:
Potential problems in the secondary.
Gap control defending the run.
Davis should be working with the WRs.

Terpfan76 08-13-2011 04:26 PM

I don't know about you all, but I had to watch the Steelers broadcast of the game which I assure you, sucked :laughing-

That being said, I didn't get to see a lot of replays as far as how Kerrigan and company looked. I know Hankerson has been having some issues with is hands, dropping one easy catch, but at least came back and made a catch later in the game. I think our expectations for him will have to be tempered for now, but I still see him as a future star.

Royster looked to have a good grasp of the scheme, but I didn't see enough of Helu to be able to judge him and Hightower looks to be a lock to start this year. I'm not sure however, how good I feel about that. If someone would have told me a year ago that we'd be excited about having Hightower, I'd told them they were nuts...

This new kickoff crap is stupid. Nothing else needed to be said. Gano is probably going to be our kicker, for better or for worse. I wish we'd have snagged Alex Henry...sigh

I hope to see Cooley back and healthy sooner than later but I have to agree, Davis needs to be getting time with the receivers. He looks small, although I read he came into camp at about 240 as opposed to last seasons 260. David Boston anyone?

skinsfaninok 08-13-2011 04:59 PM

No doubt Rex grossman looks like he did the last 3 games in 2010.. Knows the system N puts up solid numbers.. Gaffney and moss looked great. O and D lines played well and Hightower beast

skinsfan69 08-13-2011 05:34 PM

A lot more likes than dislikes. But remember, it's only pre season

1. Very impressed with Grossman last night. Beck is offically the #2.
2. Hightower really ran hard. Looks like a great fit for this running game
3. wr's had some nice catches
4. o-line was solid.
5. Banks has got to be on this team.
6. Dline and backers were very active. Some nice plays by Cofield, Jenkins and Bowen
7. GANO!!!!!!!

Dislikes.
1. DHall...just cover your damn guy a quit trying to start fights. He's still a below average cover corner and was beaten a few times.
2. Josh Wilson...so so debut.
3. Shane Graham you're done. Pack you bags.