Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who do you want to start at QB? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=43608)

53Fan 08-26-2011 03:25 AM

Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

I really don't care who starts as long as they win, but Grossman no more LED the Bears to a Super Bowl than Dilfer did the Ravens. He had some good games but he had some pretty bad ones too. Chicago's defense was pretty damn good.

Kindoy 08-26-2011 03:57 AM

[quote=jonny5dicky;827670]I just wish other Redskins fans wouldn't be naive enough to put their hopes behind a quarterback that's thrown 1 touchdown pass in 4 seasons to a quarterback that's led a team to a super bowl. It's just stupid, I'm tired of hearing all this Beck praise but [B]you all will begin to understand how fortunate the Redskins are to have Rex Grossman as their quarterback. Probably will be one of the greatest turnaround stories in NFL history.[/B][/quote]

I am convinced that jonny5dicky is in fact none other than Sexy Rexy himself.

gafinfan 08-26-2011 05:37 AM

Thru the first 3 PS games here are the facts (per my count from the NFL site play by play stats) and results for each QB and their time leading the team!

Redskins at Ravens:
Grossman: First 3 drives stalled and had to punt, Grossman's 4th drive during last 2 minutes of half results in a TD pass to Moss.

Beck: First drive - 3 plays = TD, 2nd drive stalled - punted, 3rd drive one pass for Stallworth INT, 4th drive resulted in TD pass to T. Austin.

Redskins at Colts:
Beck: Led 5 possessions (the last one being 5o second to end the first half) resulting in 1 TD and 3 field goals.

Grossman: Led 4 possessions in second half resulting in 1 INT and no points.

Steelers at Redskins:
Grossman: Led 5 possessions resulting in 1 passing TD and 2 missed field goals

Beck: held out no stats!

Clemons: Led 6 possessions resulting in 3 field goals.

By my count:

Grossman has started 13 drives this PS resulting in 2 passing TDs and 2 missed FG for a total of 14 points.

Beck has started 9 drives this PS resulting in 2 running TDs, 1 passing TD, and 3 FGs for a total of 30 points.

Clemons has produced 3 FGs in 1 game and nothing in the other 2 for 9 points.

The QB's job is to lead the team to score points. One can claim this or that about Grossman or Beck such as Grossman stands in the pocket while Beck is flushed but the way I see it Beck has been asked to play two totally different games. Against the Colts he was asked to dink and dunk and roll out and take that which the Colt defense gave him .... SMART imvho! While in the Ravens game he was allowed to open it up and go down field and BTW he also was not flushed, standing in and delivering passes with people in his face and around his feet.

Grossmans longest completed pass went for 36 yards while Beck's longest pass was for 33, what weak arm?

At this point I'll take Beck hands down, going by the points produced!

Kope 08-26-2011 06:22 AM

[quote=gafinfan;827693]Thru the first 3 PS games here are the facts (per my count from the NFL site play by play stats) and results for each QB and their time leading the team!

Redskins at Ravens:
Grossman: First 3 drives stalled and had to punt, Grossman's 4th drive during last 2 minutes of half results in a TD pass to Moss.

Beck: First drive - 3 plays = TD, 2nd drive stalled - punted, 3rd drive one pass for Stallworth INT, 4th drive resulted in TD pass to T. Austin.

Redskins at Colts:
Beck: Led 5 possessions (the last one being 5o second to end the first half) resulting in 1 TD and 3 field goals.

Grossman: Led 4 possessions in second half resulting in 1 INT and no points.

Steelers at Redskins:
Grossman: Led 5 possessions resulting in 1 passing TD and 2 missed field goals

Beck: held out no stats!

Clemons: Led 6 possessions resulting in 3 field goals.

By my count:

Grossman has started 13 drives this PS resulting in 2 passing TDs and 2 missed FG for a total of 14 points.

Beck has started 9 drives this PS resulting in 2 running TDs, 1 passing TD, and 3 FGs for a total of 30 points.

Clemons has produced 3 FGs in 1 game and nothing in the other 2 for 9 points.

The QB's job is to lead the team to score points. One can claim this or that about Grossman or Beck such as Grossman stands in the pocket while Beck is flushed but the way I see it Beck has been asked to play two totally different games. Against the Colts he was asked to dink and dunk and roll out and take that which the Colt defense gave him .... SMART imvho! While in the Ravens game he was allowed to open it up and go down field and BTW he also was not flushed, standing in and delivering passes with people in his face and around his feet.

Grossmans longest completed pass went for 36 yards while Beck's longest pass was for 33, what weak arm?

At this point I'll take Beck hands down, going by the points produced![/quote]

Even if you give Rex the missed field goals to make it even it is still 30-20 Beck; the QB still got them the opportunity at that point. Pretty nice post. Good way to seperate QBs

Chico23231 08-26-2011 07:28 AM

Reading Jonny5 posts is like reading an infomercial for Rexy. except entertaining as hell

irish 08-26-2011 07:38 AM

I think these guys are pretty even (accuracy, arm strength, system knowledge) but in the end I like Rex's experience. While he may not have lead Chicago to the SB, he was there are played in that and other big playoff games. You cant get that experience watching film.

SOUL-SKINS 08-26-2011 07:42 AM

[quote=irish;827696]I think these guys are pretty even (accuracy, arm strength, system knowledge) but in the end I like Rex's experience. While he may not have lead Chicago to the SB, he was there are played in that and other big playoff games. You cant get that experience watching film.[/quote]

But you can't discount Becks mobility. That's huge.

Alvin Walton 08-26-2011 07:48 AM

[quote=Chico23231;827695]Reading Jonny5 posts is like reading an infomercial for Rexy. except entertaining as hell[/quote]

Like a car wreck.
Except the car's are full of circus clowns.

skinsfaninok 08-26-2011 07:52 AM

Beck is more athletic and can run that's a big factor

Lotus 08-26-2011 08:14 AM

I'm with those who see the competition as essentially even. That said, I think Beck offers greater mobility and has greater potential upside. Rex is not going to get much better; Beck might. So save a place for me on the Beck bandwagon.

skinsfaninok 08-26-2011 08:17 AM

^ agreed

irish 08-26-2011 08:45 AM

[quote=SOUL-SKINS;827698]But you can't discount Becks mobility. That's huge.[/quote]

Mobility is much more important in college, pro QBs need to be be able to move a couple steps side to side and deliver an accurate ball. I'll take accuracy over mobility any day and I think Rex is a bit more accurate.

SmootSmack 08-26-2011 08:50 AM

Rex starts the road games. Beck starts the home games...problem solved

SOUL-SKINS 08-26-2011 09:13 AM

[quote=irish;827719]Mobility is much more important in college, pro QBs need to be be able to move a couple steps side to side and deliver an accurate ball. I'll take accuracy over mobility any day and I think Rex is a bit more accurate.[/quote]

Absolutely being accurate is more important. I was just pointing out another strong suit of Becks game. Right now if I had to chose. I'd go with Grossman to start.

MTK 08-26-2011 09:28 AM

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/26/shanahan-doesnt-see-separation-at-quarterback/]Shanahan doesn’t see separation at quarterback | ProFootballTalk[/url]