Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Darrel Young - Rising Star? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=43609)

los panda 12-06-2012 11:57 AM

Re: Darrel Young - Rising Star?

[quote=saden1;971460]Keep on clowning, you are pretty good at it and not much else.[/quote]thank you. i'm sorry that i may have diminished your warpath experience. i'll try my best to sharpen my other skills. God bless you

saden1 12-06-2012 01:28 PM

[quote=los panda;971689]thank you. i'm sorry that i may have diminished your warpath experience. i'll try my best to sharpen my other skills. God bless you[/quote]

You really do diminish my warpath experience and I'm sure that of a number of other folks. The first step to redemption is recognition and any improvements you can make would be appreciated.

los panda 12-06-2012 01:38 PM

if i'm diminishing anyone's experience here on the warpath, feel free to add me to your ignore list.

saden1 12-06-2012 01:52 PM

Excellent idea...done.

12thMan 12-06-2012 02:10 PM

Back on topic:) don't they vote one FB to the pro-bowl?

los panda 12-06-2012 02:14 PM

[quote=12thMan;971769]Back on topic:) don't they vote one FB to the pro-bowl?[/quote]yep, one per conference. sellers repped us for the 2008 season.

also there:
clinton portis
chris samuels
chris cooley
jammal brown
albert haynesworth

i could really see young making it this season. i'll be voting for him often

Defensewins 12-06-2012 02:19 PM

Darrel Young has quietly developed into a great FB.
I like it.
The other pleasant surprise for me is the run blocking of our new TE's. They are not adding anything to the passing game, but they do not have to. Logan Paulsen and Niles Paul do such a great job of shifting and blocking both in the run game and in pass protection, it confuses the opposing defenses. I don t think it is a coincidence that once Paulsen, Paul and Darrel Young got used playing together a few game after the injury to Fred Davis, the team improved.
I will go a step further to say the injury to Fred Davis was a blessing in disguise because the team found its identity (running team) by increasing the playing time of Paulsen, Paul and Young. While Fred Davis is a great pass catching TE, his run blocking was lacking in motivation.
Having played LB I know it makes for a long day when the offense you face has physical run blocking TE's. It takes you out of your game when you have to worry about a TE or FB that can knock you back. Say what you want about it being a pass happy QB driven league, when the playoffs starts and it gets cold and windy (bad weather), the teams that can play great defense and run the ball usually excel. The 49ers and Houston Texans went far in the playoffs last year with this despite Texans playing their 3rd string QB and 49ers playing Alex Smith.

12thMan 12-06-2012 02:19 PM

Besides Kuhn for Green Bay, who are the other notable fullbacks in the NFC. I think Toby Gearhart has, largely, been a disappointment.

los panda 12-06-2012 02:25 PM

[quote=12thMan;971780]Besides Kuhn for Green Bay, who are the other notable fullbacks in the NFC. I think Toby Gearhart has, largely, been a disappointment.[/quote]i didn't even know he was playing fb.
peterson is so talented, he could probably put up these kind of numbers w me as his fb.

REDSKINS4ever 12-06-2012 02:28 PM

[quote=Dirtbag59;825943][url=http://washingtonexaminer.com/sports/nfl/2011/08/its-all-about-decisions#ixzz1VppwJE5N]It's all about decisions | John Keim | NFL | Washington Examiner[/url]

It's funny. After last year ended I thought Young had no chance of sticking around. Now I'm starting to wonder if he could eventually turn into a pro bowl level fullback.[/quote]

Darrell Young= Tom Rathman= future pro bowl fullback.

Young is good. The Redskins don't throw to the fullback much and they call his number much to run the football, but when they do, Young is a good a fullback as any in the NFL.

artmonkforhallofamein07 12-06-2012 03:00 PM

[quote=12thMan;971780]Besides Kuhn for Green Bay, who are the other notable fullbacks in the NFC. I think Toby Gearhart has, largely, been a disappointment.[/quote]

Hynoski for the Giants has played as well as DY. I don't the Kuhn is as good as either of the NFC East backs.

saden1 12-06-2012 03:40 PM

The thing that's really impressive about Young is how quickly he gets to the second level and his ability to block DEs. In several plays last week he bitched a LB, fell down and then got up to give RG3 a check down passing lane to throw to.

PWNED 12-06-2012 04:14 PM

[quote=artmonkforhallofamein07;971826]Hynoski for the Giants has played as well as DY. I don't the Kuhn is as good as either of the NFC East backs.[/quote]

no way. i think you guy talking about him and kuhn only even know their names because they catch a lot of passes int he flat. young is doing the dirty work and paving the way for an aewsome rushing attack. i dont exactly fear the packers running game and the giants seem to have more success out of a one back set anyway.

calia 12-06-2012 04:18 PM

Hynoski has been stout. There was a pre-game schtick on him, I think, and it was pretty impressive. But he was pretty much a non-factor on Sunday.

artmonkforhallofamein07 12-07-2012 12:25 AM

[quote=PWNED;971850]no way. i think you guy talking about him and kuhn only even know their names because they catch a lot of passes int he flat. young is doing the dirty work and paving the way for an aewsome rushing attack. i dont exactly fear the packers running game and the giants seem to have more success out of a one back set anyway.[/quote]

Think you missed what I said. I think the best two in the NFC are Hynoski ( nyg) and Young. I said Kuhn was not as good as either of these guys.