Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Now Let The Speculations Begin! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=4365)

skinsguy 01-02-2005 05:41 PM

Now Let The Speculations Begin!

Okay, the season is officially over! Who stays? Who leaves? The only one I think will most likely be gone next season is Rod Gardner. I think Thrash and Jacobs will see more playing time next season. Morton MAY be gone as well...still not sure though.....

Hopefully Smoot and Pierce will stay.

skins009 01-02-2005 06:00 PM

Smoot will be back hopefully, Gardner is gone for sure. I would say Morton is out to just bc of his salary. I have no idea whats gonna happen with Samuels. I been watching him lately and he is not a good run blocker but has beeb real good in pass blocking lately. Don't know whats gonna happen there.

juggernaunt 01-02-2005 06:54 PM

[b]brunnell, Morton, Barrow, Hall All Cuts, Samuels, Gardner, And Possibly Smoot Traded. Draft A De Then Center[/b]

MTK 01-02-2005 06:58 PM

Brunell isn't going to be cut, Barrow is also very unlikely to be cut.

RedskinRat 01-02-2005 07:14 PM

Don't see Smoot getting traded either, key player soulwise

Gmanc711 01-02-2005 07:14 PM

There is absolutley no point in cutting Mike Barrow until training camp. His salary cap isnt very much at all, so why cut him, when he could still possibly be a contributor to us? I say he's here until at least training camp, when we can take a look at him, get him in some preseason games, and see if he still has the value that we thought he had when we picked him up.

Brunell isnt going anywhere, because even if we cut him after June 1st, 2006 is a huge cap year for us and we couldnt afford to take that hit from him. Hopefully we can get him to restructure a little bit and help us out that way.

I think Samuels will be back, hopefully with a new deal. I think that he knows he wont get a whole ton of money if he is traded elseswhere or if we cut him, so I think we have an advantage in those negotiations, which are already ongoing apparently.

I dont know about Smoot. I really hope everything we heard this week was just crap, and I know I really want him back. However, the wayt htings are unfolding right now, I think he might be gone, which is ashame. If he is, I dont think we should sign some big name FA, get maybe Baxter from Baltimore or even just let Walt Harris start. I really hope we can get Smoot back, but shouldnt break the bank.

Gardner is gone. He's was non-existant today.

Peirce has turned into the #1 priority. We need this guy back, he single handely runs our defense. He should get a nice contract, especially since he decided to come back to us, when he could have taken the money last year and gone to the Vikings. If Smoot dosent resign, there should be no reason we dont get Perice back. Great Season, Antonio!

As for new guys....
A new Center. The other guys on our line are at least capable of playing well, with some better coaching. Our center, however, is getting killed on a consitent basis. He's just not very good, I wont question his effort, but he's just not a good linemen right now.
Otherwise on the line, maybe draft a guy, and keep trying to develop Molinaro and Wilson. Hopefully our line looks like this next year Samuels,Dockery,New Center,Thomas,Jansen.

I've heard alot of people calling for a new TE latley, but I've been pretty impressed by Robert Royal latley. I'm not saying we cant bring someone in, but I dont think we should sign an expensive guy because Royal could be what we want.

Draft Day.... I say we go with a defensive end in the first round. I think Pollack from Georgia would be a great fit and is a "Joe Gibbs type of player". Plus he is proboly going to be a late first rounder, so we might be able to trade down.

Alot of people like Mike Williams, and when I really do as well, I think the reason our recivers have struggled have been the types of routes they run. I think today we really showed some new routes, getting guys going across the feild. So I think it was more the scheme than the players. Thrash really showed me he could be a contributor to us as well. I think Coles is still a #1, we might need to get a guy for #2, possibly Jerry Porter if he dosent want a ton of money, but even Thrash might be able to step it up.

So on Draft Day I like.... DE (1st), WR (2/3rd depending on trades), then a lineman, d-lineman, and a defensive back to try to develop in the second day.

PSUskinsfan11 01-02-2005 07:43 PM

[QUOTE=Gmanc711]I've heard alot of people calling for a new TE latley, but I've been pretty impressed by Robert Royal latley. I'm not saying we cant bring someone in, but I dont think we should sign an expensive guy because Royal could be what we want.

Draft Day.... I say we go with a defensive end in the first round. I think Pollack from Georgia would be a great fit and is a "Joe Gibbs type of player". Plus he is proboly going to be a late first rounder, so we might be able to trade down.

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with the Royal comment. He was slowed by some injuries his first couple years but he is looking pretty good when he is healthy. I also agree with getting a DE. Wynn is solid but has a big contract and Daniels is good when he is healthy. I wouldn't mind us resigning Warner, Evens or both of them to back up. I say we get a stud DE like Erasmus James in the draft.....Gibbs needs a new version of DEXTER MANLEY!!!!!!

Daseal 01-02-2005 08:06 PM

The knock on Royal is he isn't a good blocker. I want a TE that's simply an extention of the offensive line, yet can roll out and nab a pass now and again.

skins009 01-02-2005 08:07 PM

All i know is cory raymer is probably the worst center of all time.

monk81 01-02-2005 08:08 PM

Brunell and Samuels need to restructure...........we need to re-sign Pierce, and Smoot providing he doesn't want too much. I see Morton gone and at WR Gardner should be GONE...doesn't Thrash's performance and Gardner's one catch say it all.....We need to upgrade the line at center and although 42 year old Ray Brown has been playing his heart out...how much longer can he play effectively ...........

Draft........DE, O line, WR..................

Gmanc711 01-02-2005 08:08 PM

[QUOTE=skins009]All i know is cory raymer is probably the worst center of all time.[/QUOTE]

You wont find many people who will debate that. I agree.

offiss 01-02-2005 08:09 PM

[QUOTE=skins009]All i know is cory raymer is probably the worst center of all time.[/QUOTE]

Got that right, he's a major part of our running problem's.

Gmanc711 01-02-2005 08:29 PM

Question for everyone:

If the Giants win Tonight, we Play @ Tampa Bay and home for Chicago Next year. Get a better draft pick

If the Cowboys win, we play @ Carolina and home for Detroit, get a worse (By like a pick) draft pick.

Who would you guys rather play next year? I'll take option a, becaues I dont want to go to Carolina.

Drift Reality 01-02-2005 08:38 PM

The only guy I see whose future seems clearly in jeopardy, would be Rod Gardiner - he doesn't get it done on or off the field.

Besides, I saw Taylor Jacobs make some great plays today, and I think he is a starter in this league next year.

I agree with everyone who posted that we need to upgrade at center and at defensive end. I think our starting lineups will look something like this at the beginning of training camp next year:

QB - Ramsey
RB - Portis
HB - Cooley
TE - Royal
WR - Coles
WR - Jacobs
LT - Samuels
LG - Dockery
C - New Acquisition
RG - Thomas
RT - Jansen

DE - Daniels
DE - New Acquisition
DT - Griffin
DT - Salave'a
OLB - Washington
OLB - Arrington
MLB - Pierce
CB - Smoot
CB - Springs
SS - Bowen
FS - Taylor

Boy, that felt good to write out -

If that is not a lineup to be reckoned with, I don't know what is.

Go Skins!

jdlea 01-02-2005 08:59 PM

I think the Skins need to get rid of Bowen, Morton, Kozlowski (worst TE ever), and Raymer. That's it. Start Clark because he's way better than whack ass Bowen. I say keep our receivers and add a bunch of bodies to fight it out with them in the preseason. They need to draft a DE in the first round.